Tony Roma's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tony Roma's

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tony Roma's (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online just for the fun of it , never expected to get a call back . Got called for an interview 2 weeks later . Went to interview , waited for GM for 30mins , which kind of annoyed me . He asked real simple / few questions , then asked me was I good to go to start working . Told me he would give me a call the next day to tell me my schedule .

Interview Questions

• So what's your experience in restaurants ?   1 Answer
    • How old are you ? Do you have your working papers ?   1 Answer
    • So when are you going to be ready to start working ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tony Roma's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

One on one interview w a assistant manager. Came back to be interviewed by a General Manager.

We discussed that I had a lot of waitress experience and had worked for Tony Romas previously in another location. That was in my favor as it would not take as much time going thru their training process

Interview Questions

• What days are you available?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase! Lol its a server job. The attitude is, take it or leave it there are dozens who want this job. So one is kust thankful to get hired

Dishwasher/Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tony Roma's (Miami, FL).

Interview

Came in to the store after sending a snagajob application. Talked to the manager of the store, who basically told me I was too young and had no chance of being hired. Didnt seem like he wanted any teens to work there.

Host Interview

Interview

Went in for 2 interviews. Spoke with three different managers.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tony Roma's (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Met with a manager in restaurant without an appointment and submitted my resume. Was hired immediately and given a tour of the restaurant. I began training the following day.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tony Roma's (Alhambra, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

It was very simple. The GM asked me a few questions regarding availability and experience. My sister actually saw that they were hiring so I walked in and had the interview right there, that day! I sat down with the GM and we talked about the job opening and what they were looking for and expected from the new hire. He then asked me about prior experiences, education and availability.

Interview Questions

• Have you had prior experience working in a restaurant? If so, where, when and what positions and what did you learn and bring out of that job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tony Roma's (Miami, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was structured and quick. The general manager was very kind, and open about their policies and motto. We discussed how long training would be, and what it consisted of. I also got to confess that I knew someone that worked there currently, but that it wouldn't be a problem. Most likely because of the family environment everything would go smoothly. I was told that everyone is a team player there.

Server Interview

Interview

Very simple

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tony Roma's (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

I brought in my resume and asked to speak to the manager. I introduced myself to him and told him I was looking for a serving position. He said he would call me for an interview if a spot opened up. A few days later I got a call from him and he asked me to come in for an interview that afternoon. I showed up and we sat together at a booth. The interview itself was very laid back and relaxed. He asked me about my past experience and where I have worked before. It lasted about 20 minutes and at the end of the interview he hired me on the spot. I started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Explain a time where you showed that you were a team player?
      What would you do if a customer was not satisfied with their meal?
      Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tony Roma's (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume. Interviewed by manager. Looked at resume. Asked if I could work full time and any day of the week, including nights. Asked if I was a punctual person. I responded that I am never late for work. Asked if I will wear their uniform. After the interview was over I got the job. Started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Can you work full time, days or night? Will I wear their uniform? Am I a reliable person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Have a good resume.