Topshop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.5

Accessory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Topshop (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I completed the application on indeed.com the next day I received an email to complete a video interview that consisted of 5 questions. The video interview was helpful because they help you prepare for it such as giving you exercises on what's to be expected. I was nervous and didn't do to well on the interview but was surprised I got a email back stating to come in to a "assessment center" which was a group interview. During this interview we all had to fill out another application and more papers regarding background checks. The group interview consisted of us getting to know each other by playing games. The first one was 2 truths and one lie which we had to guess amongst each other. The second one was picking a outfit for different scenarios and giving our opinion on which model/celebrity would wear it. The last part of the assessment center was being interviewed one on one with a manager. Overall the center lasted like 1 1/2 hours. It was actually fun! Within 1 week I got a email stating to come in for another interview to meet with the visual manager which only lasted like 5 minutes he went over my resume and asked what i did with my previous manager and then he said il be a perfect candidate for his team. So I got the job!!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Topshop (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Everyone in the group briefly introduced ourselves and then we did a group exercise where each group was given a scenario where we had to find an outfit for, followed lastly by an individual interview. I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why Topshop?
      What do you know about Topshop?
      Give us an example of good customer service.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Topshop (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There was first the initial online application. I was then invited to the first round of interviews, that was about 50 or so people. We then lined up and were divided, after that went to the fitting rooms to have a conversation with various managers. This lasted about 5 min. I didn't really know how it went since it was so quick. After that I heard back from them later that I was selected for the second round with about 8 people. This interview we talked a bit more about ourselves and had to style a made up client.

Interview Questions

• Please select an outfit for a customer who wants to go to a party.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Topshop (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Process took about a week went for a one on one interview then a group interview where we did a little presentation with the other candidates at the table then after a few days I got a call back then onto onboarding and training.

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Open call interview was very relaxed and easy, get there early, everyone was very fashionable and there were no hard questions just like why topshop and when did you overcome adversity

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Topshop in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was really fun. We first started off with icebreaker with what kind of powers will we want then went to the second round where we have to dress up a pretend person, an present why we picked that outfit. The next round we created profile for customer and after that we went on for our one on one interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what I asked for cause I had the experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Topshop (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The first interview was essentially one on one, short with basic questions. The second interview was a group interview, it was a lot of fun, we played games and worked with lots of scenarios. They told us they'd let us know within a week whether we got the job or not, so I expected a call or email even if I wasn't hired. It's been over a month, and I still haven't heard a thing. I even emailed one of the people who interviewed me on the status of the interview and I never got a reply. At this point I don't care if I got the job, I just wish they had the courtesy to tell me if I did or if I didn't, like they said they would. I was really depending on it.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Topshop (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I got an email for an interview about two days after I applied, they asked me some pretty basic questions like why I wanted to work there, then about a week later I had a group interview which is pretty fun you split up into groups and do skits and stuff

Interview Questions

• You are about to go on break and someone asks you about a size of a shoe, you do not work in the shoe department, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Topshop (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I Applied online May 11, got a call about attending an open house at the soho location May 19 on May 17. I got hired the following Thursday which was May 26 :)

INTERVIEW #1:
    The open house was about 3 hours long but if you get there early you get interviewed first ( it was 1 on 1). The guy who interviewed me was nice I didn't even feel the pressure of being at an interview. After being asked the standard interview questions like Why Top Shop etc he told me I would be contacted within a week about the next steps such as the assesment part aka interview #2.

INTERVIEW #2:
    This is part two of the hiring process called the assessment, it was about 11 people that attended. The first thing we did was an ice breaker called two truths 1 lie which was pretty fun and got everybody a little more chill. The second thing we did was split into two groups and create an outfit for a scenario ours was the Gov. ball. The last project we did was create a social media page based on the outfits we created which was pretty funny. After the group related tasks we had to fill out the application again & wait to be called for our 1 on 1 interviews. I got offered the position on the spot and now I'm waiting for orientation day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked if I could get 11 instead of 10.50 but I was told no straight off the bat.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Topshop.

Interview

They ask about 5 questions then tell you whether or not you made it to the next round. The questions are straight forward. If you worked retail before it should be pretty easy.