Totango Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Totango Interview Questions

Interviews at Totango

Sort:

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Totango.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and set up a call. Phone screen followed by an onsite and an aptitude assessment. Pretty straight forward. Got along with everyone I talked to and was very interested in next steps.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your process?
      Q: Why do you want to work in sales?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Totango.

Interview

The hiring manager previewed and scheduled all the candidates himself. He made very quick decisions based on little information. From the moment he looked at me after I walked into the office I knew this job wasn't going to be mine. He looked me up and down, and turned away.

Demand Generation Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Totango (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

I applied via Linkedin jobs and had a two phone interviews before being asked to come in for an in-person. After the in-person where I met with several representatives from the company we had several phone and email conversations afterwards as we were working on the offer. Very professional and streamlined process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very specific questions about my day-to-day work and brought in a portfolio to walk through my previous experience and campaigns. I liked that the interview wasn't so much focused on generic interview questions, but more on if I was a good fit for the job and the culture.   Answer Question

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Totango in April 2015.

Interview

After weeks of delay and my constant follow up, the recruiter called me up for introductory talk after one month. We talked about my experience and he gave me a coding exercise to develop few screens in Android. I did it before time and submitted my code. Since than I have dropped several follow up emails and after a month the recruiter replies that they want some more time to evaluate the candidates. Its been two months now and they still have not replied.

Interview Questions

• 1. Pull JSON data from APIs RESTfully and map it to ListView
      2. Integrate third party libraries to your SDK to draw pie and donut charts.   Answer Question

Android/Mobile Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Totango in December 2014.

Interview

The HR/Hiring Manager gave me a call after applying. He explained the position and so did I clearly explained my background. Then he introduced me to one of the engineers who would be giving me an assignment to check my coding skills. It wasn't so tough, just basic JSON parsing, HTTP calls, etc.

It was a bit surprising because the engineer too wasn't very sure about how to make the HTTP calls and whether it needed any headers to be attached. I'm saying this because it took him a little while to figure it out, but yes he was supportive in the entire process.

After submitting the code and a few missed meeting timings, I finally had a skype/share screen interview where we discussed the entire project. I almost answered 90% of his questions. I believe I did a good job and he too mentioned that he likes the work and appreciates it.

Here's the twist, in the end he asked me "Would you be comfortable doing this in iOS". Never worked with iOS, so it was a no. Later I got an email saying we're looking for more iOS related guys.

Now, I just have one thing to say, if you were looking for more iOS inclined people, why did they give me an assignment in 'Android' in the first place? Didn't we discuss that I'm not an iOS guy? I felt a bit annoyed for wasting my time, energy and the most important, hope.

Note: I'm not down rating this company since they rejected me, but because the interview process is messed up.

Interview Questions

• the JSON response was too complicated, the project given as an assignment didn't have a good thought.   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Totango (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Extremely protracted process. Internal referral submitted, however I was never contacted. I followed up with very highly regarded employee who originally referred me, and after several attempts on that employee's part, I was told that hiring was on hold, despite glassdoor and other sites showing active listings due to budget planning. Despite that message, I then was engaged by a recruiter. The recruiter then had me engage with a cofounder right away, versus meet with the hiring manager. Following this interaction, I was then informed I needed to complete personality, skills assessment tests. I was then connected with three individuals who would be in comparable roles, and thus, peers. The last person had a Director title, and it was not until I got through Q&A component of my meeting with this person that it became clear, I would not be reporting to that person.

Interview Questions

• Each meeting was 30 minutes - 1 hour. Questions were extensive, detailed. At no point did anyone clarify who managed the group, despite probing questions. There were very gaps at times between communications that were unusual given I was told the timing was urgent. The recruiter did share positive feedback and kept me coming back for more. I was finally asked to prepare for a mock CSM quarterly review. Expectations set were, deliver this review assuming several key facts (shared with me) following which there will be a team Q&A (just as if this was at a client review.) Despite extensive experience and preparation, I was rejected one week following the mock review. I asked for feedback and a review of where I could have improved from the cofounder. I was informed that I should have been constantly asking questions before the mock review to ensure I could make this a fully interactive interaction, with Q&A throughout, including telling people in attendance what their roles would be etc. My mistake that I did not assume I should keep contacting the recruiter with questions and requests for guidance. Given the role, my experience with clients and with companies who are interviewing me, I have come to believe that when one is given very clear parameters for the format of the meeting, that in this case, I should tell people at the beginning of the review what roles I wanted those in attendance to play, and then delivering a mock review. The mock review was one in which I had to pretend I was dealing with a (fictional) company facing specific challenges (per their request.) . I was to identify how Totango would / had already addressed key challenges, including potential best practices not used, new milestones to achieve (or achieved) etc. I would then take their feedback and questions, and address as best as I could (given I have not used their solution before.)   1 Answer

Senior Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Totango.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me about opportunity. Initially met with co-founder and moved forward with 3 other rounds of leadership/peers. People are clearly invested, and enjoyed meeting each of them. No onboarding process, everyone’s role wasn’t fully established. Surprising for a 9 yr old company. Internal recruiter had no follow up and never responded to questions I had through the various interactions. All disappointing being that they are a Client Success platform.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Totango (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in October 2014.

Interview

This was not a technical interview. Rather, I was asked to tell about myself and my professional responsibilities in previous companies. The interviewer was attentive and asked many questions about the products I had been testing. One has to be prepared very well to tell in detail about the products he had worked on.
    I know I did not pass to the next level, but I would expect them to call me back with the "no, thank you" answer. They did not bother to contact me back.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Totango (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in January 2018.

Interview

I have met two people, don't actually remember their names. They both interviewed me, asked questions about my former position, and what im looking for in my next position. The overall process was ok, they treated me with respect.

Interview Questions

• They gave me afew tasks to test my scripting knowlage, mostly python. Also had to demonstrate my troubleshooting skils.   1 Answer