Tower Loan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tower Loan Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Pearl, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tower Loan (Pearl, MS) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was quick and friendly though the gravity of what you're signing up for is really left wanting. They tell you of the relocation but don't really sell that you might have less than 12 hours notice where you're going with little care for personal sacrifices.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable calling people day in and day out for collection and solicitation purposes?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Brief face to face interview with recruiter. The recruiter asked that I visit the local branch with him to observe the operations and sit for a short qualifications exam.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your skill set applying to collections   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minden, LA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tower Loan (Minden, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call to interview for a position in for Store Manager. When I got there, the manager instructed me to take a short skills assessment. It over three hours due to computer issues. That entire time the manager barely spoke to me. I went home and received a phone call that I passed the assessment and was asked to return for another 'interview'. The hiring manager was still unfriendly and refused to hold an actual interview. She asked me to GO HOME and type up answers to prepared interviewed questions and send it to her (I was already in the office??) I did as told and sent her an email of the interview answers. I later received a notice that I did not get the position because the manager told HR that I did not wish to relocate. That was a lie. It was hands down the worst company I have ever interviewed for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laplace, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tower Loan (Laplace, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume on a job board website and was contacted via email from a recruiter at Tower Loans corporate office. I am currently working elsewhere and could not leave the office to get to the interview on time. I emailed the recruiter who was considerate and understanding. He contacted the hiring manager I was meeting with and notified her. Once I got to the office the hiring manager was extremely welcoming. I arrived at the office for 10AM and my interview did not end until 2PM. We sat down and she went over Tower Loans company history and overall services. We talked about my work experience and what I am seeking in my career. We discussed my values and how I think employees and a company overall should run to be successful. It was like we were sisters. It sounds so cheesy, but we were alike in so many ways. We got to know one another personally and she explained the interview process. She explained I would need to fill out the company's online application and take 2 different tests'. The first one determines your creative thinking and the second is a personality test. The personality test was designed by a psychologist that Tower Loan hired and is hand graded by his department. It was not your regular strongly agree or strongly disagree test. For instance, One question was "In your personal time would you rather be at a social event or reading a poetic novel?" The hiring manager told me that when I was answering the question to answer them and be myself. She also asked about my credit and if she needed to know anything that may stick out. I told her a little about my history. Once the credit check was completed she informed me that there was one problem she was worried about. When approaching me about this she was very warm and did not make me feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. In fact, because of how welcoming she was I opened up to her about my history completely. I explained to her that the issue she was referring to was caused by a nasty divorce. She was completely understanding and explained that she was going to email her supervisor about my situation and things happen sometimes. I was so relieved that she was understanding. Her supervisor supported her decision to move forward with the interview process and we did. After completing all my tests and talking with her, we ended the interview on a great note. She explained that she would receive my results in the next few days and she was certain that I would be hearing from her for a final interview in the next few days. I am now researching the company further and my excitement and anxiousness to start a career with Tower Loan. I am putting it in gods hands and waiting to here back.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tower Loan (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very informal. The interviewee will talk most of the time and ask about previous experience and inform you about the in's and out of the job. Most of the time was spent filling out the application that's online.

MIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tower Loan (Canton, MS).

Interview

As easy as breathing, manager were very helpful and have a good overview of the company and what's expected. They also gave me a history of the company, it was inspiring to say the least. A company that started with a handful of branches now having 200 in five different states. It's amazing.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to relocate.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tower Loan (Lexington, MS).

Interview

Horrible. Called in for interview just to come in and do online application and assessment all over again. They called me in for a interview and couldn't find my application on file. I had to start completely over. It wasn't really a interview.

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tower Loan (Joplin, MO).

Interview

Computer application, wonderlic test and personality test, questions and scenarios, credit check, background check and complete review of references. They will work with you on the process but you must also provide HS transcripts and college transcripts if you have been to college.

Interview Questions

• What isnone thing you could improve on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, set salary

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Tower Loan in August 2016.

Interview

I recently had a interview at the branch in Ruston,La. It was almost an hour long. The people were great. I took a 50 question test and I'm waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tower Loan (Lafayette, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

Basically went in for a supposed interview but ended up just filling out ANOTHER application. Did not take a Wonderlic test even though I was told on the phone prior that I would be. Talked for maybe 10 min and told me that after my credit check I would get a call back to finish the steps. Still have yet to hear from them.