Town Shoes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2018

2.2

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Talked to the Operations Manager -- it was the usual barage of questions, lasting 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you tackled a particularly difficult project.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would handle a sexual harassment case.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Easy, simple conversation, he genuinely cared and got to know me, asked me simple and straight forward questions. Very easy and relaxed environment. If you're going to the interview, just ask a lot of questions about the manager and get to know them yourself.

Interview Questions

• A situation where you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Senior Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Couple of basic customer service and decision making questions.
    Share your customer service experience and decisions you have take at you previous work place
    leadership qualities
    and your education background.
    what kind of career opportunities are you looking for ?
    roll play based questions and you future plans about your career

Interview Questions

• what was the best service u gave in a customer service work environment   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online and within 3 days I got call from the Store Manager. The first in person interview was very easy, basically she just wanted to learn about me and asked basic questions like what are my hobbies, why Shoe Warehouse, how much pay am I expecting and future goals. Later, she asked me to fill out an online survey and asked when I could start. Since I did get the job, keep in mind when they are hiring they are looking for eye contact, engagement of conversation, energy and they want that bubbly personality and someone who can provide excellent customer service. 2nd interview was on the phone with district manager who didn't ask too much, just to go through resume and again to get to know me. She wanted to know where I would see myself in 5 years and wanted to know what leadership and customer service experience I had.

Negotiation

Ask how much this position is worth in that particular store as a larger location will make more. Always say 5k more annually as they will give you as little as possible.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Town Shoes.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one in person and was laid back, didn't really seem like an interview and she even told me a lot about the company. I was required to take a test online too; it was pretty simple. The second was on the phone and she asked my about my current job and education.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Town Shoes in October 2013.

Interview

simple had a call back turned down the job. Sat down and discussed things with the manager and also met the other employees that work currently working that day. Would've accepted job however I got a better opportunity.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by store manager using a booklet of questions. Few days later got a call offering me a position.

While working at the company the manager was changed and they were very quick with interviews (5 minutes asking very very simple questions) and most interviews were done by associates who were not trained on interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to work as a group with other, what was the outcome   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and got a email for phone interview. After phone interview got enail for face to face interview. The total process took about 15 days and got job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase conversion?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations

Town Shoes Response

May 15, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for the feedback!
    Welcome to the team!
    We are very excited that you have chosen to join our Shoe Loving team!

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

Very comfortable, friendly atmosphere. The questions were basic, and the interview was straightforward. I was asked about my experience, my career goals, and about my personality. They asked me to detail my greatest strengths, as well as describe my previous retail experience and management style. Also asked "fun" questions about shoes and fashion!

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted via email and then I had a phone interview before being asked for a personal interview. The HR staff was very nice and friendly. They answered all my questions and were honest about expectations. The interview process is smooth and I was interviewed by HR and later by my immediate manager and director

Interview Questions

• The questions were based on my past experience and education and personality defining questions   Answer Question

Town Shoes Response

Apr 17, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your interview process...welcome to the team!