Town & Country Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Town & Country Markets

2.3

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bainbridge Island, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Town & Country Markets (Bainbridge Island, WA) in October 2019.

Interview

They were descriptive and friendly on the phone. This is a solid community conscious company and they were authentic and comfortable to talk to. I reflected on the topics we discussed and decided I would not be able to sustain the demands of the job.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poulsbo, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Town & Country Markets (Poulsbo, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website and took a couple weeks before I had an interview over the phone first and then was scheduled on the spot for in person. If they don't set a schedule for in person after phone interview, they aren't interested.
    Less than a week later I had an interview with 2 individuals together. Questions were standard, ex. Tell us a time when.............and why do you want to work here?

Interview Questions

• What would you have wanted to be when you grow up, if you had a fairy godmother?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Town & Country Markets in May 2016.

Interview

Received an e-mail requesting an application/questionnaire be completed followed up by a 1 hour phone screen. Seems like a nice company to work for but pay is way below market. Salary requirements should be discussed early on in the call so both parties don't waste their time if they aren't in range.

Not all positions are union but benefits for every position are through the union. From what I understand, employee benefits would start after 90 days (maybe 60?), dependent benefits could start after 6 months and spouse benefits after 10 months. 401K and PTO would not start until after a year I believe. I found the benefit package to be pretty poor considering the pay range is below market as well.

Sushi Chef Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Town & Country Markets in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very informal. They did not require experience. We sat down for about 10 minutes, and I gave a bit of background about myself. Nothing notable. I heard back within a week, and began working immediately.

Courtesy Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town & Country Markets (Seattle, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process at Ballard Market isn't very stressful at all. When I first interviewed for the position of Courtesy Clerk, I sat in a room with the front end manager of the store and an HR representative. They asked me the usual questions; "What are your greatest strengths?" "What are your greatest weaknesses?", questions about how I am working with a team, etc. When I interviewed for the position of Cashier they asked more situational questions regarding how I would react if someone accused me of giving them the wrong change or what I should do if "blank" happened. Overall, they were very logical questions to ask and they wouldn't be hard for anyone to answer.

Interview Questions

• What should you do if someone accuses you of giving them the wrong change?   1 Answer

Cashier/Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Town & Country Markets (Shoreline, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

It began with a phone interview with an HR representative. Then I had an in person interview with the HR rep as well as the department manager. After the interview they called me a few weeks later and offered me the job. I went in for a drug test and then started the next week.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bainbridge Island, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Town & Country Markets (Bainbridge Island, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy interview. Basic interview questions including some situation questions. Asked if you could carry more than 50lbs regularly. Also mentioned that you would be on your feet all day. Must submit some kind of a resume before hand to get the interview. The main point you need to make sure they know that you know is that the customer is always right. That is the focus around every Town & Country store/position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone came up to you and asked you where something was that you didn't know where it was?   1 Answer