Towson University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Towson University (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

When there are multiple formulas for a calculated item, the default formula that was entered when the item was created has the calculated item name in column B. For additional formulas for a calculated item, column B contains both the calculated item name and the names of intersecting items.

For example, you might have a default formula for a calculated item named MyItem, and another formula for this item identified as MyItem January Sales. In the PivotTable, you would find this formula in the Sales cell for the MyItem row and January column.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

It was simple, just go in with a positive attitude looking to learn and they will hire you. They are not looking for people that are experienced, but it does not hurt if you do have some. They will usually give you a tour of the facilities and show you the equipment they use. You may even talk to some of the higher ups if they are there.

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

I made an appointment through email to meet the lab PI and had to sit down to discuss my interests, goals, and ideas for research projects I would like to do with the lab. I also sat in on meetings with the lab before actually participating in active research to ensure that I would be a good fit for the research interests currently in the lab.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Towson University.

Interview

There is no interview, just submit the resume and apply. The department chair will check your resume and approve you to teach. You must apply in person and do it a few months before the start of the semester.

Interview Questions

• There is no interview, just submit the resume and apply   1 Answer

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

I submitted CV and portfolio on a flash drive along with samples of former students work and a sample syllabus and references. A few weeks later I was called for an interview with several people over coffee. It was informal but we were there for over an hour. Another month went by and I got an email asking me to teach a class.

Interview Questions

• About my experience and how I handled different situations. Mostly how I worked with my with students how I ran a class what kind of projects etc... We discussed my thoughts of the field of study. My availability and flexibility.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Traditional application followed by a face to face interview. The hiring manager called spoke to me on the phone about my background and the position. I then came into his office and interviewed with him. He was very up front about the requirements of the position and made the whole process very positive.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my prior experience related to the job and how I would apply it to the position.   1 Answer
    • They asked me what a typical class would be like under me at Towson.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in December 2009.

Interview

Application process is tedious. HR will only respond if you are picked to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• All questions were regular interview questions. I was interviewed by a group of 6 people which was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Admin Asst's are brought in at the bottom of the salary scale for that position regardless of the number of years experience.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

Meet with several Teachers at Towson about 30min per meeting

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation other than what course you teach

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Not much of an interview process for me. I knew the boss, but it was understood my prior experiences would come into my success in the position. Not many people I know have had to interview for this specific position.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD).

Interview

Standard interview for academia. Applied and sent CV, essays, and letters of recommendations. Got a call from the search committee chair to schedule interview on campus several weeks later. They paid for flight and put me up in a hotel near campus. Had meetings scheduled with committee and larger department. Did job and research talk that was pleasant and well attended. I thought everything went well. No unexpected questions. Got a call several weeks later from the chair offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why so you want to work here relative to a research institution?   Answer Question