Toyoda Gosei Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.9

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyoda Gosei (Troy, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Relatively fast. Applied on-line and received the call from HR within 3days. Set the face-to-face meeting the following week and received the result within two weeks after the interview. The interviewers (working level managers) were gentle and serious but the HR doesn't look like supportive or little conservative (kept telling me bad things of their organization)

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyoda Gosei (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email for a telephone interview. Conducted phone interview and asked about my job experience. Then I went onto next step and conducted interview with General Manager and Accountant Manager. They disclosed a lot of issues with the company and was hoping to hire on a HR Manager to fix things within the company. They asked me numerous questions about my experience and asked me what would I do with certain problems and I answered all of their questions and they were impressed. I received an email stating that I would have a face to face panel interview with their General Manager, Accountant Manager, President and Production Manager. I arrived 30 minutes early and had to wait over an hour to start the interview. The President and Production Manager was not there and it was just the GM and Accounting Manager again for the second interview. They let me know that I am their number 1 candidate and would send me an offer letter. I waited for over a week and I reached out to the company and received an email stating that they had selected someone else. I am very disappointed and felt misled because I turned down a couple of other job offers from different companies because I was told that I would be receiving a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my work experience and questions about what would I do to fix certain issues the company was having. They had issues with not knowing how many employees they have. Issues with pay roll. Issues with policies and procedures. This company had a lot of issues and I was up to the challenge.   Answer Question

Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toyoda Gosei (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied on a job board and was called back by a recruiter, the recruiter was very nice and helpful throughout the process. Recruiter called back a few days later to let me know I had a interview at the Toyoda Gosei San Antonio plant. Overall, it was a standard interview, asked about my resume and proceeded to ask me about certain technical skills followed by behavioral questions. Team members were fairly nice, although their presentation was vague about the position.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for us that other candidates cannot?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about a time you a conflict on the job/project?   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you know about Toyoda Gosei?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toyoda Gosei (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent in my resume in to a Human Resources representative and she had gotten back to me either that night or the next day. I had an interview scheduled less than a week after I sent in my resume.
    I arrived at the Toyoda Plant they day of my interview and they had an automated receptionist for you to check in with. I was then escorted by the lady I had been in contact with to a meeting room and waited for the interviewers to show up. Once they were all there, we all sat down around a meeting table and they had asked me about myself, my skill set, and asked me to tell them more about my Senior Project. They proceeded to ask me a few more questions about myself and then the interview was over.
    Once I got home, I sent thank you emails to the interviewers and the human resources representative and I only heard back from the human resources rep. I was told that they would get back to me by a certain date but never heard back from them. I emailed them twice asking about their decision about my job status with them and both emails were completely ignored. It has now been 3 weeks and I have yet to hear back from them regarding their decision.

Senior Help Desk Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyoda Gosei.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting agency for a contract to hire position at Toyoda Gosei North America's office in Troy, Michigan. The initial phone interview was conducted by this recruiting agency, after which they decided to bring me in for my first in person interview.

One of the recruiters met me in the parking lot on my way in and briefed me a little on what to expect, who I should expect to be there, etc. The interview was conducted by the HR manager and two members of the IT team, the director of IT was not present. Mostly it was a pretty standard interview, they asked about my familiarity with various different software packages and services and how I would handle specific support situations. The recruiter asked me to give him a call on my way out to let him know how it went, so I did. I was told that I could expect an answer about how they would proceed by the next day.

I received a phone call from the recruiter saying that Toyoda Gosei would like to move forward with a second in person interview, this time with the entire team (5 people) in attendance. When I arrived not all were present, but I was definitely able to get a feel for what it would be like to work with them in a team environment after spending some time with them. The second interview was similar to the first, they wanted to get an idea for how well I could provide support for the systems in their environment in addition to figuring out how well I would integrate into their work culture and management style. As it was described to me, nearly everything in the company is done in a regimented collaborative process to ensure that everyone has a say in a given decision or process.

I was extended an offer by Toyoda Gosei the day of this second interview. Because of several other opportunities that I was anticipating I requested that the recruiting company give me several days, potentially a week, to weigh my options and give them an answer. I was informed that a week would be excessive, but that they would allow me several days to talk it over and make my decision. Just about every day after that involved at least 20 minutes on the phone with the recruiting company pushing me for an answer. After 4 work days (Wed-Mon) I informed the recruiting agency that I was declining Toyoda Gosei's offer to pursue other options. They were very professional.

Human Resources Generalist Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toyoda Gosei (Troy, MI).

Interview

The individual who will head up the recruiting projects at this time concentrated on laws, regulations and "heading up projects"--not normal questions for a recruiting position. Her demeanor was not one you would expect in a Human Resources department. Very data drive.

Interview Questions

• She asked several regarding the details of several laws.   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toyoda Gosei (Troy, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

Two interview process, 1st with hiring manager and Japanese coordinator. 2nd with hiring manager and VP, HR comes in at the end to explain benefits. Most of the time was spent talking with the hiring manager. The Japanese coordinator said nothing other than hello and thank you.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest challenges in your last position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. The offer was at the same level as my previous job. Didn't take much to get them to move 5% to make it worth my while

Purchasing Assistant (A Contract Position) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyoda Gosei (Troy, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

A resume was sent to Toyoda Gosei for the Purchasing Assistant position. Within a week, I received a call from the HR Manager requesting a face - to - face interview with herself as well as the Purchasing Manager. As explained during the brief telephone interview, the Purchasing Assistant position was a contract/to hire situation.

The panel interview consisted of your standard questions with regards to your background, experience, and behavioral situations.

During the interview, further inquiries from myself with regards to the length of the position, the responsibilities involved, average salary, and the firm handling the employment contract were mainly met with blank stares or "I don't know's".

Overall, the interview went as well as expected.

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyoda Gosei (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial one hour phone screen by the department manager, consisting of specific work experience questions. The first interview was conducted with department manager and the existing EHS Specialist. The second interview was with plant manager and HR manager and was more of a personality and suitability approval interview than specific to the OHS field.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based mostly around my resume - experience and education. I was asked about specific manufacturing experience with ergonomics and hazards.   1 Answer

Full Time Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyoda Gosei (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

test , and then you are called for interview. nothing difficult at all. bit of common sense and application of mind you will get it. You are first called in for an test. same day you will have the interview too.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join ? when can you join? what have you been doing etc   Answer Question
    • Please let us know the overall experience of this interview   1 Answer