TrackMaven Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TrackMaven

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TrackMaven.

Interview

I received a call from their VP within a week. He showed me around their current and future projects. The conversation were basically about my past and current projects. It was a nice experience and the interviewer was very calm and asked me about my background and my skills.

Interview Questions

• My past and current projects?
      How did I build them and the most difficult part of the project?
      How did I optimize them later?   Answer Question

TrackMaven Response

Jun 28, 2015 – Senior Director of People Maven

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with others. We sincerely appreciate it!

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TrackMaven (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Very simple. Applied online and a week later I was contacted to do a skype interview. It took a bit to figure out what time would be right for the interview, but once it started the whole process was very relaxed. I enjoyed talking to the people and it seemed that they enjoyed talking to me.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in office management and upkeep?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TrackMaven.

Interview

The process was efficient and thorough. I had the opportunity to meet with the CEO and several other senior leaders at the company, got a good perspective of the role and current challenges, and what would be expected of me. The process consisted of in person interviews and a presentation that I was asked to prepare to outline my approach for the role.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a presentation outlining my 90 day plan for each of the key areas of responsibility.   Answer Question

TrackMaven Response

Jun 28, 2015 – Senior Director of People Maven

It sounds like the interview process worked and we are so glad you are part of the pack!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrackMaven.

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone interview but screwed. I will apply in the future because I like this company. I really like it. the company is meaningful and interesting.

Marketing Team Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrackMaven.

Interview

I applied for a position working with the marketing team and within a few days was contacted via the phone. The woman who I spoke with was very brief and asked some basic questions, then asked me to come in for an in person meeting ... in 2 weeks.

I went in for the in person and waited around for 20 minutes past my interview time because someone was running late. I was also told that the fourth person for me to meet was not available that day and that I would be asked to come back to meet him. All told I met with three individuals, who were all extremely nice and got me excited about the company. However, I later looked at my watch and realized that I had been there for over two hours (possibly because the first interviewer was running late and no one thought to rearrange the schedule so I could meet with the other interviewers in the mean time?!). I am currently working, so had I been told to plan to be there for that long I could have made arrangements, but as it was, I could not stay any longer. I apologized profusely and was assured that it was "totally fine" and that they would be in touch for me to come back and meet the other person who wasn't available that day.

Sent a thank you and follow up email later that day. No response. Multiple follow up attempts later, I have still never heard anything (not even the cursory "we've hired someone else" email) and it's been months. Maybe I screwed myself by saying that I had to leave. Maybe I was overqualified for the role (I was). I'm not sure why I wasn't hired.

I don't normally review interviews, but I've noticed that TM tends to respond to it's reviews, which means that someone is obviously checking this page, and I'd like to leave them some advice. It's fine to be late to an interview, but the appropriate thing to do is to let the interviewee know and have them get started with someone else. It's fine to have a long interview process, but the appropriate thing to do is to tell someone how long they should plan to be there. It's fine that you don't want to hire me, but the appropriate thing to do is to respond to an inquiry. I wish the company well in their hiring in the future, and hope their processes evolve and get better.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrackMaven (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview by the hiring manager which was followed by an in person interview. Was promptly informed after the in person interview that I was not selected, which I appreciate, but I have to question whether they are really serious about hiring for this role as it has been posted ever since. If they're going to interview people just for fun, they should validate parking.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TrackMaven in May 2018.

Interview

I was reached out to twice in the last 4 months by a recruiter on behalf of this team. Both times they set up initial interviews, I spoke with their team, and after being told I would be invited in for interviews, only to be told within 24 hours that they have received accepted offers from other candidates and would keep me on file. If they are making offers to the first candidate they interview which seems likely given my experience, this shows me they are not organized or serious about talent searches. My time is also valuable, and they do not respect this in candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TrackMaven (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

The entire process was EXTREMELY unprofessional. After an initial phone interview, I was asked to come to DC for a follow up interview. TrackMaven did not offer to refund travel costs, which should have been a red flag from the beginning. After booking a flight and hotel, I received an email saying that they were pausing recruitment for the SDR role due to "management struggles." I cancelled my flight and could not cancel my hotel, which was very irritating. After cancelling all of my reservations, I received another email 2 days later saying they had resolved their internal issues and would still like me to come in for an interview. I rebooked my flights and came in for my interviews. I enjoyed majority of the people that I talked to and the office space was very cool. I sent several follow up emails and was told I would be contacted by the head of HR by Wednesday of the next week, so I waited. And waited. And waited. I was never contacted with an offer or a denial, despite several follow up emails. Over all, the entire experience was very frustrating and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrackMaven (Washington, DC).

Interview

The first interview was an over the phone pretty basic interview, asking questions about your background and getting to know you.

The second interview was a mock sales pitch that you had to prep before the interview.

The third interview was an in-person interview where you interview with 3 different people within in the company.

A lot of the in-person interview questions were pretty strange and felt like they were judging me negatively based upon my answers and was asked questions that shouldn't come up in an interview.

Interview Questions

• Did you have to pay for your schooling?

What time would you get to the office in the morning?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TrackMaven (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the position and received a callback within the week. The first interview was an over the phone interview. Unfortunately, the quality of the phone was bad and there was at least a five second lag between when the interviewer spoke the question and when it reached my end. This made for an awkward interview. The interviewer also seemed less than thrilled to be interviewing me. While the company seems great, their HR employees are unwelcoming.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions asked how I utilized excel and other programs to prove/ sell (a client) something   Answer Question