Traeger Pellet Grills Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.2

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was informal but courteous and polite. I was contacted very soon after submission of my resume, a phone interview was set for the same week. Due to scheduling, the interviewer rescheduled to an in person panel interview within a week. I was impressed by the professionalism in return of correspondence and flexibility of scheduling.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills.

Interview

It went quickly. They asked basic questions regarding work experience. We ended up speaking more so about things on a personal level VS direct interview questions. Overall the interview process was very laid back which I think fit in line with Traeger's company culture at the time.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar House, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills (Sugar House, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was great and professional. After the phone interview, I had an interview in person. Didn't seem to care about all of the time and effort I had taken to apply, research, and prepare for the interview. Person couldn't focus on the interview and frequently was looking over my shoulder at what was going on behind me, at the phone, and at the ceiling vent declaring, "it is hot in here". I believe this is a great company, but they need to train hiring managers on how to interview individuals. I was quite offended and knew I was not going to get the job. I do not know if I was just part of the necessary process to complete the hire legally, but did not feel like I was treated fairly.

Interview Questions

• Can you feel air coming out of the vent? It is hot in here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

The first telephone interview was an exploration of who Traeger is and who I was. The second phone interview was too sell the talent manager a grill. He was very pleasant and extended an offer to come to training in Salt Lake City. He then said that the travel department, as well as the recruiting department would be in contact with me shortly. We also have a follow up called scheduled in a week

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills.

Interview

It was an online interview. Actually, it was a series on interviews and there was also a script that we were asked to learn. There was an online portion where we had to submit a video of ourselves. The entire process took a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• I really can't remember anything that was different than the ordinary questions.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Applied for two managerial roles. After months, I still haven't received so much as a "no thanks". I reached out to a recruiter a few weeks ago to speak about the status of the applications, work environment, fit, etc and received no response. Appallingly unprofessional. I respect and value myself as a candidate and as such, wont be applying again with an organization that lacks the gumption to professionally deal with candidates.

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills (Tigard, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was professional yet relaxed, very honest, and came with an opportunity to sit in and listen to your future co-workers do their thing. The management does their best to make sure everybody is comfortable and well taken care of.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Traeger?
      What experience do you have?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      How do you handle difficult calls?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills (Provo, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

I had applied online and I was contacted for a telephone interview. I was then invited to "Sell a Grill" in another phone interaction after being directed to research their website. I was to create a presentation based on the 3 grills sold at special events like Costco Roadshows. I was told I had done an Excellent Job "Selling the Grill" and I was then offered the position and to go out to Utah, expenses paid for a week of training.

Interview Questions

• The ability to ask for the sale and overcome some objections when "Selling A Grill".   1 Answer

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

First phone call is a get to know you. Second is hard core. You have to sell the interviewer a grill as they throw random objections at you. Very much like what happens in the field.

Interview Questions

• Do you think money is an important driver in your success?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Interview

1. Phone interview
    2. Video interview in which you are pitching the grills
    3. "Audition" for the position which is really three days of unpaid training and two days of travel, you will fly in on a Sunday, train on the pitch and product Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, then fly out on Thursday. The shuttle picks you up at 7:30 a.m. to take you to the corporate office to learn and practice the rest of the pitch until 5:00 p.m. or later, back to the hotel on the shuttle for more "optional" training. On the third day you will perform your pitch on video.

The phone interview questions were easy and nothing really stood out. The most difficult part of the interview process is the hours and days you are required to give up without pay or an offer of employment.