Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen)

Tumor Board Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

It was wonderful, at first. I really clicked with the woman who would be my supervisor, and she seemed invested in my success -not just in the interview. Later they just disappeared and I had to do all the work to pursue, despite being told I was the final candidate and they were about to make me an offer. I had two other interviews at the same time that later resulted in offers (one being a prior employer who said, "Name your price.") The nature of the work meant that Ashion was my first choice, but I want an employer to be as excited about me as I am about them, or it won't work for anyone. I am disappointed but the position is a very meaningful important one, and I hope they get a great person who is worthy of the job. The vacancy's ultimate responsibility is to cancer patients and that can't be taken lightly. I wish Ashion the best.

Interview Questions

• See above, but generally what I can bring to this position that no one else could. Typical interview questions, but she did ask where I saw myself in five years and what I hadn't done that I still had left to do. Those were insightful. Very positive vibes from the woman who would have been my supervisor.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen).

Interview

The process is always very objective but somehow relaxed. It is always hard to find a team player so one of the objectives of the interview is how new people will fit with the existing team members.

Interview Questions

• It was related to interactions with other members of the group and how to avoid issues and how to solve interpersonal problems.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Just followed normal interview paperwork procedure. It wasn't that bad and the professor was anxious to get us started right away on solving problems even in the interview process. I discussed all sorts of things with them and they clearly had a specific idea of who they wanted to hire in mind that followed practically verbatim what the online app wanted.

Helios Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty thorough application, much like a typical college application, including 2 letters of rec. After submission deadline, Education and Outreach team select finalists from all applicants. The list of finalists are then shared with a pool of research mentors, who choose which finalists to interview based on what they are looking for in an intern that particular summer. Not all finalist are interviewed, and some are interviewed by more than one potential mentor. The first time I was a finalist, I did not get any interviews. The second time I got three.

Interview Questions

• Since I was a computer science major, I was asked about my experience in informatics and HPC.   1 Answer

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and open conversation about the lab goals, views and projects, discussion of position specific details and how the candidate better fit that position and potentially interact with the rest of the group and the also the institute.

Interview Questions

• questions related to bench skills and management skills   1 Answer

TGen Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

One of the PIs working on a genetic research project scheduled a phone interview with me. I originally applied--you go through two groups before this and are notified whether or not you progress to a finalist stage. Once you're a finalist, you're application is distributed to PIs and PIs interested in having you in their lab will contact you. I talked with two post-docs, one PI and then the general lab manager.

Interview Questions

• What was my area of research?   1 Answer
    • What lab techniques are you familiar with? (They were trying to figure out if I was familiar/comfortable with NextGen sequencing, and handling large databases.)   1 Answer

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

TGen is a great company and they made a very positive impression on me while I interviewed there. They asked a lot of questions about problem solving. Many of the interview questions were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult problem to solve. How did you approach the problem and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2011.

Interview

Very fluid process and management was very friendly