Transport for London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.2

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for London (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had to apply online, then I went to interview in West Kensington. The interview is formed of 3 stages. Test, role play and interview. The test takes about 75mimutes, has two parts and covers questions about tube map and travelcards. The role play takes about 10 minutes, plus 10minutes to prepare. It is scenario from everyday life on Tfl stations. One person plays passenger, one is observing. I didn't pass this stage so can't comment on interview process. Take bottle of water with you and some snacks, you can spend there about 3 hours.

Train Maintainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transport for London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1. Send off your Cv and complete an online personality test ( on a scale of 1 to 5 how likely......)
    2. Online tests in literacy, numeracy and skill based. Multiple choice and timed.
    3. One to one interview which you have to prepare answers for certain topics (all explained to you) and two technical questions.
    4. Medical and back ground checks.

Took about 2 months then wait to be placed somewhere which can take just as long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You don't get a choice in where your placed as its on a company needs basis.

General Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transport for London (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

easy application process.
    1. Online Application
    2. Online screen tests, ( SST, Numerical test etc)
    3. Video Interview if you were successful on the tests.- 5 questions- Why TfL, Why this scheme?, Customer service question, challenges you have faced and how you over come them, a learning and development opportunity?
    4. Assessment Day.

Interview Questions

• video interview = Why TfL, Why this scheme?, Customer service question, challenges you have faced and how you over come them, a learning and development opportunity?

Assessment Centre= Why this scheme? basic competency questions!

Railway Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transport for London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Fair interview to be honest. I was given time to practise as it was video interview. The practise link was somwhat helpful. I enjoyed the interview and believe its an average process. My questions below will be helpful hopefully so please have a look at them. I wish you all, all the best!

Interview Questions

• 1) Why TfL?
      2) Why this scheme?
      3) Give examplw of a time you did team work
      4) Any further comments?
      1 Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Interview

Four stage application process. application form > situational and numerical questions > video interview > assessment centre.
    The video interview consisted of 5 questions and a last minute for if you wanted to add any thing else to the interview.
    1) What do you know about the TfL and why did you apply for the TfL?
    2) Why did you choose this graduate scheme and how does to contribute to the TfL?
    3) Describe a learning and development opportunity.
    4) Describe a time when you have worked in a team and encouraged the team to work better together.
    5) How would you respond to a customer complaint.

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you know about the TfL and why did you apply for the TfL?
      3) Describe a learning and development opportunity.
      5) How would you respond to a customer complaint.
      1 Answer

General Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for London.

Interview

I applied online, and had to take two online tests (numerical and situational judgement). After that I was invited to take a video interview at home. I am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about TfL and why did you apply?
      Q: Why did you choose this graduate scheme and its contribution?
      Q: Describe a learning and development opportunity.
      Q: Describe a time when you have worked in a team.
      Q: Response to a customer complain at a tube station.

General Management Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transport for London in November 2016.

Interview

Online application (CV, cover letter, usual information on academic background), Situational Judgemental test (quite long and taken into account at later stages), numerical, logic and verbal reasoning tests, video interview, assessment center

Interview Questions

• Video interview: 1. What do you know about TfL and why do you want to join. 2. Why do you want to join this programme in particular 3. Describe a learning and dev opportunity that you had (inside or outiside school) 4. How to deal with an upset passenger (what would you do) 5. Any additional comment you may have   Answer Question

Railway Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transport for London (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at TfL North Greenwich. Started with online tests, followed by video interview then assessment centre. Assessment centre comprised of group exercise, followed by presentation, then an essay on the presentation, and finally a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why have you applied for this role at TfL   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transport for London in November 2016.

Interview

Standard process of submitting the application, being asked to complete online assessments, having a video interview and then a final assessment centre. I only made it to the video interview. It was the type where you are given a minute or two to answer a question shown on the screen. My advice would be to make sure your internet is working fine before starting as it deleted one of my answers to a question when i t disconnected.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about TfL/why did you apply?
      Why did you choose this scheme and how does that role contribute to TfL?
      Describe a time you sought knowledge.
      Describe a time when you worked in a team and encouraged the team to work better.
      How would you respond to a customer complaint?
      Is there anything you would like to add?

General Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transport for London in November 2016.

Interview

This included three activities which were a group exercise, one to one interview and presentation of a topic given in advance. The HR assessor who assessed my presentation was intimidating and made me continue presenting even though the fire alarm went off and drowned my voice. One to one interview consisted of motivational, competency and hypothetical situation.