Travel Outlook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

1. Featured Interview

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travel Outlook (Tucson, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, did the assessment then after an email I set up a time for interview over the phone. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was incredible.

Interview Questions

• He ask about previous jobs. What I could bring to Travel Outlook. No curve ball questions you did not get the impression he was out to get you or ask something to keep you from getting the job. It just seemed like he wanted to know about you, your experience and made sure that the job would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travel Outlook in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was over the phone. The interviewer was very courteous, it was not a long interview at all. Make sure you have all the requirements, computer with windows, a certain upload and download speed, and also a data entry assessment

Reservations Agent/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travel Outlook (Santa Fe, NM).

Interview

the interview was pretty much as the previous submission detailed it, however what he said about the pay and training is incorrect, it is true you will only get paid for training if you make it through the training, but as soon as you have successfully gotten to your first day on the job you have won the payment for the training,

it is only the training which is a $5 an hour rate, all work after training is $10 an hour (unless you opt for the commissions payment plan which no one starts with, that's an option for seasoned employees to choose when they are ready.)

also, the training is RIDICULOUSLY EASY! its literally nothing but sitting there listening to someone talk about the company and properties they contract with, and the systems you'll use and how to use them,

only about 5% of the training time actually involves you doing anything other then sitting there listening, and that 5% is really just doing pretend phone calls to practice the script and navigating the systems, if you've ever worked a customer service job you'll be familiar with that, the whole process is cake.

they very very rarely don't give someone a contract, the main reason you wouldn't make it through training is if you don't show up for some of the sessions, other then that your pretty much sure to get it, there was one person in my own training class who was an absolute dunce, utterly clueless, i couldn't believe when they gave them a contract, that showed me the bar is pretty low but who can blame them they are severely understaffed, call volume is very high.

Interview Questions

• they dont really ask you any questions, its more about you asking them questions,   1 Answer

Negotiation

take the $10 an hr plan to start with, the commission plan is only beneficial if you've mastered the script and finished training for all properties and are working rush hour shifts.

Home Based Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travel Outlook (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly straightforward albeit definately unexpected. Basically, you fill out an online questionnaire and then are invited to a group conference call where they go over the details of the independent contractor position and allow you to ask any questions you have.

In my particular case, the training class started 2 days later. There was no one-on-one interview whatsoever. In addition, you do have to go through approximately 3 weeks of training which you are only compensated for IF you are offered a contract. If you are offered a contract, you will be compensated for the 3 weeks of training only after you've been working for 30 days at a rate of $5 per hour.

Hotel Call Center Reservation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travel Outlook (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was streamlined and synced. There was more than one person to talk to but it was well coordinated. Trainor/hiring professional was thorough and easy to work with. Very knowledgeable and had a lot of experience doing the same job.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous negative customer service experiences and how I handled them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not too much give and take. The good sales commission money comes from perfecting the phone process. Lots of good training though.