Trayport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trayport Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.1

Technical Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trayport (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

1st Telephone Interview
    2nd face to Face Interview
    3rd to give a presentation on Customer Excellence

Made me an offer of below my current salary knowing full well what my expected salary was. Gave a reason that I needed to be trained to support their product so need to start me a lower scale. Job advertised on LinkedIn that training will be provided for the right candidate. Absolute time wasters. What is so special about them that someone would take a pay cut?

Interview Questions

• What is Indexing   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trayport (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview conducted by a person who badly needs 101 on conducting interviews. Calls 5 mins later than scheduled time and no sense of apologies. Position open for last 4 months and good luck in filling it up. Other recruiters told me that many candidates had similar feedback about the interviewer. All the best to the successful candidate especially if he is reporting into this interviewer as the candidate would want to start looking for a new role soon. Shame that Trayport is a great company doing some fab work to help the commodities trader but unless this interviewer stops conducting interviews the role could never get filled up!

Interview Questions

• What is Agile? 10 people will give 10 different answers but yet the interviewer wanted a textbook reply.   1 Answer

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trayport (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Submitted CV and invited in interview. Consisted of two interviews, one immediately after the other. First was a more traditional interview e.g. motivations, experience, some soft questions about scenarios and your approach to these. Second was a technical interview involving pair programming on a task in C#. Conducted by two developers and also involved some technical questions.

Both interviews were reasonably hard but enjoyable and interesting and the people were very friendly and professional.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Trayport (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First, there was a half an hour telephone interview which was mainly technical and a bit about the company. After this, there was a face to face interview which included a written test and then a mix of technical and soft skills questions. The technical part included SQL and basic network administration questions.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trayport (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I first had 30 minutes to complete 3 exercises.

They help you walk thorough the problems if you're not able
    Particularly I think that the time they give you is a bit too short to do all of the problems. Even though later they go thorugh the exercises together with you, that didn't seem to be enough to get an offer (after providing expected answers)

Interview Questions

• 1.- implement an algorithm to shuffle a deck of cards, based on an array of cards   1 Answer
    • 2.- find the bug in a code which parses a string of roman numerals and returns the value   1 Answer
    • 3.- give improvements to code that is not very well object oriented   1 Answer

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trayport (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

This company seems obsessed with employing academics! In my experience, academics rarely make great developers. This is just my opinion but I think companies like Google and Facebook can afford to employ academics to thinking about algorithms and data structures all day. The average companies need developers which can deliver working maintainable software, on time. You don’t need to be an academic to do this.

The telephone interview is full of questions about data structures and complex threading questions which are rarely encountered in the real world.

The interview process has no focus on a person’s experience or personal competency. Most interviewers will talk to you about your past experience, technologies you’ve worked with, difficult situations you’ve encountered etc.

None of these types of questions will be ask. You will simply be asked to study as section of code which solved a problem you will never encounter in your working life. If you can understand it, you will most likely get the job.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trayport (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied though an agency. There was first a telephone interview, which lasts about 40 minutes, then a face-to-face technical interview with the Team Leaders and a second face-to-face interview with the Heads.

-The telephone interview focus more on the network basics and job experience.
    -The first face-to-face interview had a written test for 30 minutes, a reading test to identify spelling errors and technology errors (scripting, SQL) and a chat with the Team Leaders.
    -The second face-to-face interview focused on the knowledge about the financial market, experience and ambitions.

Applications Support Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trayport (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was relaxed but a little unprofessional at times. The test comprised of mostly networking questions and you had to provide as much info as possible, The are also questions on some of the tools that they use

Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trayport (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

The initial communication about the role and its details took place with a recruiter from client server company. I told the recruiter from day one that I am looking for 60k, and nothing less than that. She was fine with that and she actually advertised the role on 65k on some websites. After the initial CV exchange and a talk about my past experience and suitability, she forwarded my CV. Trayport liked it and called for a telephone interview.

It was probably more than 30 minutes, and if i remember correctly, almost 45 minutes technical interview. Once i cleared that interview, they asked me to come for face to face interviews in their London liverpool office. The interview started with a written test followed by interview with a test lead and another senior engineer. They were quiet friendly and hospitable. The whole process took about 2-3 hours.

The office was fairly clean and well lit. I was interviewed in a meeting room undisturbed. So the whole interview was well planned. At times though, the interview felt boring. The work culture described by the interviewers in both interviews was fun but I didn't find them humorous or any members of the teams outside having much fun. Normally, some parts of the office are dedicated for games room etc. I didn't see any.

After the interview, the recruiter called me and said they like you but they want me to ask you if you are flexible with your salary expectation. I said NO since they were only offering 55k. The recruiter also mentioned that if I agree on salary expectation, there will be another round of interview with more senior members of the organization.

Interview Questions

• A riddle, something like you have three boxes, one is labelled red only, one blue only and one red and blue. You are being told that labels are not correct. How many balls at minimum you need to draw to find which box contains what colour of balls?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trayport (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied with my CV through an agent, and was selected for a telephone interview. The person interviewing was quite new to the organisation but seemed structured, polite and professional. He explained the structure of the interview and explained that the interview was to explore cultural fit. He then explained about the company and products, which I had expected to be asked about. I did not pass the telephone interview but the following stages included a small panel interview, followed by an HR interview and then a chat with the COO.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I delivered quality and efficiency breakthroughs when running multiple simultaneous projects.   Answer Question