Trek Bicycle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trek Bicycle (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The initial phone interview was incredibly informative and friendly. The manager was quite helpful and enthusiastic. We talked for about 6 minutes and I was given all the necessary tools with which to accomplish getting a job there. Hours per week and expected sales numbers wrte discussed. Now it is up to me to prepare a resumè for the job.

Interview Questions

• Bicycling experience and familiarity with cycling community.   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trek Bicycle (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

There wasn't one. They bought my company and transferred my job over. Soon after they made sure to tell me I was going to be fired. They also commented on my weight and told me they would actively punish me, specifically for having a disability(Aspergers).

Interview Questions

• They asked me to lose weight.   1 Answer

BI Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trek Bicycle in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was a video recording type with behavioral questions asked throughout . There were four questions in all with 30 second time for thinking over & 2 minutes 30 seconds for answering one

Groupleader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trek Bicycle (Waterloo, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with department manager,engineers and groupleaders and also with H.R.. They e-mailed me the time and place the interview would take place and the length of time. I was also e-mailed a list with names of the persons in my interview.

Interview Questions

• If given the position what changes would I implement to the department.   1 Answer
    • Are you a people's person?   1 Answer

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trek Bicycle (Waterloo, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

It was great, good group of people. Got to tour the facilities and learned about the process there. I would go through the process again and looking forward to working with them in the future!

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

I was out of state so did 2 phone interviews - one with the Recruiter and one with the Director of HR. I was then brought to Waterloo for a 1/2 day interview process. I was throughly impressed with Trek. As an HR person, I describe Trek as a "like me" culture (which is also reflected in their interview process). My entire career has been spent at companies that focus on leveraging differences, valuing diversity, etc. Both approaches are right based on what you are wanting to create. I'm from Texas and after hearing "We like to hire people from the Midwest because of their Midwest values" I did cringe - but also understand where they are coming from. The process - quick interviews with a handful or more of folks - did remind me of rushing a sorority - being sized up quickly (based on...??) without much time for deeper content, Q&A, etc. There seemed to be a lot of time spent touring the facility - hey, I get it - people (including myself!) get geeked out at Trek HQ. However, I would have loved to spend even a small fraction of that time diving deeper in the one-on-one conversations (again, to me content is most important). Great company, great people - clearly successful for a reason. While I haven't received a firm "not interested" from Trek, and think working at a cycling company would be super cool - I think I would ultimately struggle with the "like me" culture. And, I'm from Texas...and we don't have those Midwest values. ;-)

Interview Questions

• A lot of chit chat - the HR Director has the most relevant and thoughtful questions. A very sharp, stellar lady.   Answer Question

Content Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trek Bicycle in September 2015.

Interview

Standard phone screen with HR recruiter. Quite impersonal & neutral but expected for this type of corporate interview process. The overall interview left me feeling a little overqualified for the position due to some of the questions asked about some of my skills including comments about many of them not being needed for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your job? Why did you leave your current job?   Answer Question
    • What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this job? Why do you want to work at Trek?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trek Bicycle (Ontario, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview, nothing special. Asked basic questions about my work habits, ethic and expertise. Manager kept checking emails while asking me questions, no notes were taken during the interview. It seemed as though the only thing he wanted to know was if I was in shape enough to do the job and if I would be able to pass a drug screen and background check. Kind of s joke but I got the job

Interview Questions

• Can you walk on your feet all day   1 Answer

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trek Bicycle (Waterloo, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was the typical questions. In person interview was with 5 people the 6th person forgot about the interview and scheduled another meeting. Received an email 4 weeks later after 2 follow up emails, stating they reviewed my resume and will be going forward with other candidates even though I already interviewed for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking for anther job?   Answer Question
    • My availability, work experiences, typical interview questions. The last two people I interviewed with asked more personal questions, they seemed unprepared for the interview and trying to just ask random questions to take up time.   Answer Question

Warranty Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trek Bicycle.

Interview

Phone interview. Mostly being told how awesome it is to work at Trek and what they have to offer in terms of corporate environment. Sounded great and would have really liked an offer. Asked interviewer if there were questions for me and she had none at the end of the interview.