Trilogy Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trilogy Financial Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (Denver, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

I got recruited on campus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They could have been a little more up front about fees, costs that I would incur during the position, and their actual expectations of employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (San Mateo, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

It wasn't a good experience. It looks like one of those time share things. I had interviews with the vice president twice (you are an entry level and you are interview by the vice president, not a good sign).
    Talking to him twice I still don't understand what the position about. They interviewed 9 people and they asked all of us to come the next day for second interview. (I think none of us did!).

He told us that they will pay for licensing and exams and then you discover it is not exactly the case. He said first that there is no cold calling, but then he admits it is. It is like telemarketing.
    Your salary will be 100% commission after six months, which is not what I wanted.
    If you want my advice, think twice before taking the job.

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (West Covina, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and in 2-3 days I was contacted, asking me if I would be able to attend for one of their interview days. The first interview was a group interview, where they informed us about the company and at the end the managing partners called us out for a short 10-15 minute 1:1 interview. I was contacted about 2 days later and I was told that they wanted me to come in for a second interview, at this meeting I was interviewed by the regional vice president. At the end of the interview he offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a financial adviser?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (San Diego, CA).

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews. First, a brief in person interview with one of the managers. Next, is a group interview with everyone who survived the day before. This interview is about 4 hours long. The regional VP basically talks about the company and his experiences. This is also the time for you to ask any questions. It's more of an info session. At the end, he talks to everyone one-on-one to schedule a third phone interview.

Interview Questions

I wanted to move in a different direction.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The first step in the process was an invitation to a group information session. They give you the basics about the company (and the position), and allow you to ask questions. Then you're ushered in (one by one) to a private room where an associate will ask you some standard screening questions. The second step is an interview with a branch's managing partner, and they'll ask some more in-depth questions about your education, work experience, and will go more in greater detail about what is expected in the position (as well as whether or not you agree to the terms of the job). During this point in the process they will also ask you a lot of questions to determine if you have a network of friends and family that might have money. The third step is an interview/job offer with the branch manager in which he/she will list out the job description, point by point, and ask you explicitly each time if you agree to the terms of the job. After that you begin the licensing process (if not licensed) which includes the Series 6, 63, and life insurance licenses. Once all the licenses are obtained you begin a two week Trilogy specific training program that goes over all the basic functions of the job. Once the two week training is completed you are officially hired on as a full-time, salaried employee.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of questions about family members, family friends, and acquaintances ... probing for information about what they did (in the sense they wanted to know how much money or influence they might have). In particular they were interested in my family members that were business owners, professionals (lawyers, doctors, etc ...), and the family friend that was a Superior Court judge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not negotiate on the salary or compensation levels. In fact, they had a schedule of scaled increases in compensation based upon performance over a two-year period.

Financial Executive Interview

Interview

First interview, I got to talk to a few people. They were all very pleasant and comfortable to talk to. Manager explained the business and the certifications required for the job. You'll need to take a short personality survey. Second interview goes in greater detail about the business and compensation.

Financial Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (Irvine, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The first interview was a group presentation which talked about the company and its philosophy's. Then, the hiring managers called each person back for a short two minute one on one interview. At that time, they tell you whether you are invited back for another extensive interview the next day. The group interview the next day took about two and a half hours. Then the hiring managers called each person for an extensive one on one interview. This lasted about ten to fifteen minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview with a recruiter basically just went over my resume, then i interview with the president of one of the offices over the phone, was very quick didnt really ask any questions just told me to do an online assesment and we would go from there. Never got a next response.

Interview Questions

• What did you study?
      What kind of career are you looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (West Covina, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews with the recruiter, one with the West Covina regional manager, one in-person interview with the regional manager, and finally one in-person panel interview with advisors.

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (Corona, CA).

Interview

Interview consisted of 1:1 interview with a hiring manager. Company builds their client base mostly through referrals. Interviewer mentioned that new FAs receive support from management in building client base, and they offer paid training. Office seems to have great diversity of people and culture.