Truven Health Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.9

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Washington, DC).

Interview

HR called for a phone interview and then set up a 4-hour long interview process where I interviewed with 5 people at varying levels of the organization. After a few weeks, I was asked to come in for a second in-person interview with a specific team member I would be working a lot with. HR did not seem to know anything about the job itself, and they delivered by job offer over the phone while the HR representative was pre-occupied at an event with their child. Came across very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time you were not able to meet a commitment to a peer/ colleague or customer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

A recruiter from Truven contacted me to discuss open positions at the company and we set up a time later in the week for a phone screen. The time came and went and I never got a call. I emailed the recruiter and never got a response. A few weeks later I see a bunch of job postings on LinkedIn and wouldn't you know that the recruiter who couldn't bother to contact me was the one who made the postings. I imagine they did me a favor because if they'll act this rude before even speaking to someone then I can't imagine how they treat people further along in the process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very short, only had to apply and then answer a few questions from a magic hat. The hat put me in Hufflepuff but im totally a Griffendor. This is enough words i think. Hope so

Sales | Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Denver, CO).

Interview

My interviews began in October 2016 but oddly each subsequent interview was spaced out in ~1mth increments. By my 4th interview they mysteriously had neglected to mention there was a job freeze and that my role would not be available until January 2017. Wait...it gets better.
    During that 4th interview they intimated that I had lied on my LinkedIn page within my education section where I had never listed a degree next to a school if Ihadn't pursued a program nor degree-I listed all schools attended with corresponding status, i.e. pursued coursework, or the actual degree I received. My resume however did NOT contain any superfluous schools so they found this shady and proceeded to give me a speech about how important trust is, etc. If they had simply asked me to elaborate more on my education, it would have made for a less confrontational experience.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was aggressive and tried to nail you down on a salary before even talking about the job. He made IBM look cheap and by far the worst interview experience I ever had with a company. He was rude and never read my resume.

Data Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview, where we discussed skills, goals, and general compensation. Following that was an in-person interview with 3 people. Talked about experience and the STAR method of addressing problems. No in-depth technical questions were given.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult client   Answer Question

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

Interview

phone interview then 1-1. face to face was more of technical questions, but interviewer was very friendly and took it easy. Didn't force or expect the candidate to answer but wanted to know if they know the concept to basics

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Bethesda, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

1st review- with project manager about if I am a good fit for the role. Basic 20 minute conversational interview (Phone interview)

2nd- 4 separate interviews with different positions in the company. Project managers, IT director,etc. Interview wasn't tricky at all except with the IT. I was asked in depth technical questions which sort of tripped me up but other than that, it was smooth. (Onsite in Bethesda)

The problem: I traveled over 200 miles for the interview and got no response at all from Truven. This shows the kind of company culture they have and lack of respect to their applicants and potential employees. I understand if i wasn't a perfect fit for the role but an email back after traveling that far would be professional.

Advice: Take your efforts elsewhere to a company with better values and culture. I was introduced to the job with a referral, this shows the lack of respect the company has towards their own employees.

good luck!

Interview Questions

• why are you a good fit in this role?   1 Answer

Data Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

Interview

The interview process started with a 15 min phone interview that covered employment history and some information about the the position. Then I was called for an onsite interview at Truven headquaters. It was a three hours one on one interview. The first hour was with HR, the second was with a manger, and the third was with the director. The majority of questions were based on STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics in May 2016.

Interview

First, I got a call for HR interview.
    I went through 3 rounds of interview.
    First, HR general questions and forwarded my profile. - pretty quick.
    Next week-Second, behavioral interview.
    Next week-Third, with team head. Simple technical questions based on your Resume.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much straight forward questions.
      Q. What you know about our organization?
      Q. Regular behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question