Tulane Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tulane Medical Center Interview Questions

2.5

Pre Authorization Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center (New Orleans, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position and got called for the interview the next day. I ultimately had an interview two days after I applied. The first interview was one on one. The second interview was a peer interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you didn't get along with a co worker   1 Answer

Surgical Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center (New Orleans, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

Human resources worked really fast with me, I was called the next day and I did a phone interview and was promoted for my face to face interview in that same conversation

Interview Questions

• What surgeries are you familiar with?   1 Answer

ER Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center (New Orleans, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone call from a Work at home HR business partner, for 30 minutes. I was called back a few weeks later to schedule a on site interview. The on site interview, was on the unit in the Emergency Department, in the Clinical Supervisors office.

Interview Questions

• Via the phone interview, I I was asked to describe my work experience in nursing, list all of my certifications. What shift would I like to work on, and so on. I was called back a few weeks later to schedule a on site interview. The Onsite interview was a very professional interview, I was asked where did I see myself in 5 years, I was asked why did I think I would be a good fit in the ER and how was my experience with Psych patients. Describe my most challenging situations on the job & my most rewarding. Had I ever had a confrontation with co worker and how did I handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negation, HR has to evaluate your experience then make a offer.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center.

Interview

Mostly performance and leadership type questions. Gave scenarios together with possible options to problem resolution. Also, few questions about personal and family life together with interests, hobbies, and things you do in your spare time.

Interview Questions

• Certain problem solving issues when dealing with difficult employees   1 Answer

Negotiation

Little to none

Medical Scribe Interview

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center (Metairie, LA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was super easy, simple and straightforward. They want to know that you've taken basic science classes in school, so if you are pre-med that is a major plus! You must complete a background check and a drug screening prior to getting hired. I only had 2 interviews. One was with Lofton Staffing (an external hiring company), and one was with the Scribe Coordinator at Tulane. Technical training is provided upon hire.

Interview Questions

• What classes have you taken in an academic setting do you feel will prepare you for this job?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center.

Interview

Long process - it took 8 months to get through the interview process. I met with many, many people and then was told the only one who made a decision was my direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• None. All typical questions. They do the 360 group process with behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate on salary

Security Supervisor/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center (New Orleans, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied to an ad online. I was called by HR and an interview was scheduled. Before the interview a computer based application is completed. After HR interview (which went very well) I was sent to the Facilities Supervisor. This went very well also and I was told that with my qualifications there is a possibility that they could merge two positions at two facilities and make it a Manager position instead of a Supervisor position. This would put the salary within my range. After 5 months and numerous attempts at calling the Facilities Supervisor and the HR rep that I was given, I haven't recieved any return calls from anyone. This was in direct conflict with what the HR rep said. I was told that I would be kept informed even if I didn't get the position.

Emergency Department Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center (Metairie, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was easy going and typical. The E.D. Manager read standard corporate issue interview questions which I answered with ease. It lasted about 30 minutes and then I was given a tour of the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center in December 2013.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I have ever had. From my first interaction with HR, through the entire process it was a disaster and very unprofessional. I was called the wrong first name on the phone by HR but then my travel arrangements were made by HR and they misspelled my name. When I arrived I could tell that the hiring manager was not interested in spending time with me and did not ask me any questions. That was a red flag right there. I appreciate the opportunity to interview and the learning experience it brings. however, i knew this was not the place for me. Multiple candidates interviewed on the same day and the interview process was never explained to me. I had to ask for an itinerary because no one even sent me one for the day of my interview. I was very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Typical Questions.... How do you deal with a personality conflict was the hardest one I believe...   Answer Question

Access Manager Interview

Interview

interviewed with access director