Tupperware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tupperware Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.3

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Getting hired was easy. You just need to sign up and get your sales equipment. Then you work at your own pace and make as much money that you can

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tupperware (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

Interview with HR, supervisor of Customer Service, and person above manager of Customer Service. It took one day and I was given a tour of the facilities as well as interviewed. The company is very friendly and good to work for -- I noticed that right away.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tupperware (Orlando, FL).

Interview

In person interview at their corporate headquarters. Interview set up by someone in an entirely different department than who I met with. I met with the HR Manager for about 30 minutes. She spent more time showing me a display of products than we did in the interview. Basic behavioral interview questions. I then met with the Senior Customer Service Supervisor and Customer Service Manager for another 30-40 minutes. More behavioral interview questions coupled with straight-forward questions and information about the position. On the way out I was shown more of the campus. When I asked what their timeline was for them to make a decision I was just told ASAP and that I would receive a call from them. I found it strange that I was not able to get a business card or contact info for any of the people I met with to send a thank you note. I called a week after the interview to thank the person who set it up and let them know I was still interested. I was told I would hear something as soon as a decision was made but I never heard from them. Not even a basic email saying the job was offered to someone else which I felt was very unprofessional, especially for a large corporation. Definitely sent up some red flags with regard to how they hand things.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Tupperware?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tupperware (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

They conducted a panel interview and asked different type of questions about my strengths, weakness and how I would I be a good fit at Tupperware. They also asked me to describe where I see my self in 5 to 10 years.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tupperware in March 2015.

Interview

A brief phone conversation about 2 months after I applied and was asked to come in for a series of three interviews. When I arrived I spoke with HR manager. No difficult questions and then I was moved on to the manager of customer service. Overall good conversation type interview. The third person was not available so I was completed for the day. Was not given any solid information on when the position would be filled. I received no call or email from the HR department after weeks passed. Quite disappointing, as I was impressed with the facility and the climate of this perspective employer. The HR departments must get on the ball! They are dropping it left and right. No follow up with an applicant that takes time and resources to come to an interview speaks poorly of an organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to address a difficult employee issue?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tupperware.

Interview

I met with three different people during the course of my interview. I don't really like those types of interviews because it is exhausting. I was asked behavioral style questions and I was also asked technical accounting questions. Nothing too hard though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tupperware.

Interview

I had one phone interview with a VP in HR. It was the most bizare interview I've ever had. The VP of HR was not personable at all. Most of the questions were completely unrelated to my relevant experience or the job I was interviewing for. I had a previous career in another field and most of her questions were about that, even though I have a Master's degree and 9 years experience in the field I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my job search was like after I got a Master's Degree in another unrelated field 15 years before. (I have another master's degree in a related field, which I wasn't asked about.)   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Tupperware (Orlando, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Company uses list a approved consultant companies and most IT positions are contract to hire. Telephone interview with detailed technical questions, followed by phone interview with HR. The last step is a face to face interview with management and senior employee. This company does not direct hire in the IT department and uses a long evaluation period before offering a perm position (180-360 days). Once converting to perm an employee still has a 90-120 day probation period. This company is highly stable with an average length of employment in the IT department of 15 years.

Interview Questions

• What are the advantages/disadvantages to using dynamic sql in Oracle? In what business case would it be used?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty standard. I knew approximately what the company was willing to pay for the position and knew that I would be taking a pay cut because it was Florida (no state taxes, low cost of living). However, there are some significant perks such as company pays an above average percentage for employee benefits. In addition to a nice 401K plan the company in lieu of a pension plan contributes an additional 5% of your base salary to your 401K in addition to standard company matching.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tupperware in January 2011.

Interview

Very easy and non confrontational, professional

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tupperware (Orlando, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

Contacted by HR person and did a phone screen interview with them. HR person called back to schedule two in-person interviews with the direct manager and their boss. They were on the same day, back to back. Called back to interview with the president of the US business as the final step. The office is very comfortable and seemed well-kept. My advice is to do your research about the direct selling industry. Learn as much as you can about how the sales force sells the product as it influences everything and every job. You need to understand this business model to fully understand if you can work with it and like it. I would also suggest NOT using the phrase "my mom or grandma used Tupperware" during the process. Be prepared to talk about pay in the very first phone call. They like to look at personality and if you will be a manageable employee more than your experience when it comes to making a decision between the final candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable. I noticed HR seems to have a thing for low-balling or playing on people that are laid-off and in need of work. Just be aware of it and make sure you know what you are really worth and what you will and won't accept.