TutorWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TutorWorks Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at TutorWorks

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TutorWorks.

Interview

The interview was quick because I already knew the management team. Pretty simple and straight forward. Typical interview for any position, except more personal since I already new the people.

Coordinator/Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TutorWorks in December 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted 20-25 minutes. The interviewer began by asking me to describe something about myself and my experiences in the field of tutoring the language arts.
    The interviewer was very detail oriented and gave me ample time to answer get questions. He was very organized and professional.

Interview Questions

• Disclaimer about background check   Answer Question
    • Describe any experience with teaching/tutoring middle school or high school kids   Answer Question
    • What is your best strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • Why are you the perfect candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    • What 3 characteristics do you have that make you the best fit for this company and their motto?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay based on experience and talent.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TutorWorks (San Leandro, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process was kind of sketchy. I applied, someone called me, I was interviewed at a starbucks informally and was asked to fill out paperwork. The person who interviewed me asked have I had experience working with kids and then asked me to fill out paper work.

Academic Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TutorWorks (Burlingame, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Going to their office in Burlingame, application, background check, one-on-one interview, paid group training, started after three weeks, got to know other people applying and realized some were coaches and others, managers. Great presentation by staff. Can reeive training second time if you choose.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TutorWorks (Redwood City, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Hired by an individual who was only there 1 month after I got hired. Not a good sign.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with rude, stubborn or non-responsive school aged kids?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Accept your $12 pay or get lost is the TutorWorks policy.