Twitch Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 388 of over 388 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Twitch (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

1: Screening call 2: take home assignment 3:You wait 4 weeks to hear back from the recruiter just to find out you have to start the whole process over again because management changed the way they interview 4: re do the assignment 5: finally interview with a hiring manager after 2 weeks 6: wait another week to get a generic reply saying “ we have decided to move with other candidates that are more suitable for the position” (even though I checked all the required boxes) In you decide to apply 1: don’t get your hopes up. 2: be prepared for twitch related questions during the interview 3: keep applying! Good luck!

Interview Questions
  • What is vod to you?
    Answer Question
  • What are bits? Describe them
  • Describe a time that you had a hard time with a customer
  • What are the different ways you can stream on twitch?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitch (London, England) in May 2022

Interview

To begin with, I suppose to have this first interview with the recruiter, you know, that first screening that is easy going, etc. However it was with the Hiring Manager, he entered the meeting late, and I got surprised because I didn't receive any info that would be with the Hiring Manager instead of the recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • I was bombarded with a list of 10+ Twitch related questions being - What is a Social Engineer - What are the different VODs in Twitch - platforms you can connect with Twitch - how to best set up the quality of the streaming - Tell me the benefits of Twitch Prime - Can you save what you are broadcasting on Twitch - what is the host mode - Enumerate Twitch awards
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Twitch

Join the conversation on

Tech

207K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Twitch~639426
Join the conversation on

Twitch

Application

I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

Was given a long questionairre to fill out and then had one video interview that was relatively easy. Heard nothing back. It felt like the interview was conducted for the sole purpose of data collection. However on the positive side, they did send a rejection letter after I followed up.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Twitch

Application

I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

interview was long and extensive although interviewers were friendly and seemed open to discussion over interrogation. It's a long day with multiple steps, however, and it's not always entirely clear what the interviewer is looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Twitch

Application

I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

Began with phone screen with hiring manager, then a follow up with recruiter. After a couple weeks was invited to superday which consisted of 5 interviews with members of the team. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Twitch (London, England)

Interview

4 rounds of interview, the last one lasted 3 hours, literally. By the end I was logically, burn out. The woman doing the interview asked me if "I ever speak out". After all, I received a random common message we have decided to move forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Twitch

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

A phone screen with the hiring manager who detailed a simple case study and asked some questions. Then I was scheduled for an SQL screening of 4-5 live coding problems which I did not pass despite thinking I did okay. The interviewer was extremely helpful and nice to such an extent that I found it deceptive given that he did not pass me. He said it was more important to get the correct answer than working through the problems at speed. I answered three problems correctly in the 45 minute time window. I was upfront that my SQL knowledge was basic, given that I use R for all my data manipulation. The hiring manager stressed that they gave Data Scientists autonomy to use whatever tools they were comfortable with, but then they followed that up with a very rigid interview of "you must know advanced SQL in an unrealistic time crunch". The rejection email was generic and gave zero feedback.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Twitch

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

Process: Email questions/survey, phone screen with hiring manager, 60 minute SQL screen, 5 hour onsite (4 technical, 1 behavioral). This was the most unprofessional company I have ever interviewed for, despite the interview actually being quite easy. I reached out to the hiring coordinator that I no longer wanted to be considered for the position. When the HR contact originally told me they'd like to interview me, they included a list of questions that I was asked to return at my earliest convenience. It was labeled a survey, so I filled out rather quickly because it seemed unimportant. The HR contact then mentioned they would move forward if the hiring manager liked my answers. This was no way indicated up front or even eluded to. Next, it took me literally 6 follow up emails over the course of over a week to get the first interview scheduled. I was notified a few hours before that the person I was interviewing with had changed. The second interviewer showed up 10 minutes late and made it very clear they didn't want to be there. As I was answering questions, the interviewer was completely ignoring what I was saying, and at some points straight up writing emails during our 1:1 conversation. Absolutely a nightmare, please save your time and apply somewhere else run by competent individuals.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your past role and experience with various technologies

Twitch

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

I don't know if it's the culture at Twitch but my interviewer was vaping during our video call. Regardless of culture, there are certain behaviors that should be left out of the interview for the sake of professionalism. It gave off a very bro culture.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions Why Twitch Why this role Experiences with this role

Twitch

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

Twitch follows the Amazon interview process which you can find numerous articles and videos to help you ace it. But isn't that a little extreme? At Twitch, they don't seem to mind that the hardest project you'll ever work on is the interview. The process is grueling and in the best interest of the company only; not you. They take so much of your time (a total of ~7+ hours without counting the project) just to leave you with 10 minutes to wind down and ask questions. But they say, "you're interviewing us as much as we're interviewing you". PS - never received feedback on the project I was given 48 hours to work on. When interviewing, rely on your past experiences and make sure you a bunch of stories planned out. But beware - the HR person says that each interviewer will ask you 2-3 behavioral qs & to prepare you stories accordingly but in my interview, some would ask 10+ and I wish HR & this team communicated efficiently so candidates prepared accordingly. Anyone who put that much time in an interview will rightfully be disappointed when the rejection comes through. But for me, it was truly a redirection. I hope Twitch can do an audit of their interview process and make it equitable for everyone.

Interview Questions
  • Typical questions you can find online... Tell me a time where you failed / what could you have done better. Tell me a time you had an idea that was out of the box.
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 388 Interviews

Twitch Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Twitch as 43.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.91 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer(Internship) and Data Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Twitch takes an average of 25 days when considering 354 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Product Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 12 days), whereas Data Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 24 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Twitch according to 354 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 38.05%