Twitch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitch (New York, NY).

Interview

30 min call w/ recruiter
    1 hour VC w/ senior engineer
    1 hour VC w/ senior engineer
    5 hour onsite

Overall great experience, loved everything about the company and office. Was a really easy decision given they made a very respectful offer out the gate.

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Twitch.

Interview

I had an initial call with a recruiter and during the entire interview their kid kept yelling in the background (at times, I felt like they were on the phone). It was extremely distracting and the recruiter seemed to be apathetic and disengaged.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you've worked on with multiple stakeholders   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitch.

Interview

Everything wen't pretty well (albeit slow) until the final round of on-sites. I was supposed to be called by a recruiter to prep for the onsite however the recruiter was over half an hour late. The interviews itself went smoothly and I'm quite confident I performed well on the interviews, however, over a month later, I have still not received any communication. I have reached back out to Twitch and was told that they'd follow up but never did.

Security Incident Response Interview

Interview

Applied 2 months ago and more than a month waiting time from HR to Hiring manager round..does not seem like they were seriously looking to hire immediately. Too long of waiting time. This gives a bad reputation about the team for candidates. Please treat the candidates time and effort. No one wants to wait for 2 months to get to an Interview. Hope things would change.

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitch (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

On 18 May, I got message from Jordan Mayer and introducing me to the opportunity. Then I got interviewed by Fumie from Twitch Japan and moved on to setting another 4 more interviews with 4 different stakeholders in Twitch with the support of Enoch based in Singapore.

Morning of 10th June, the first interview was with  Ryan Galluppi at Twitch HQ at 7:30JST, then Ruby Betten from 8:15 also in HQ. I really enjoyed speaking with them both. My favorite topic was the importance of community for Twitch.   I could share my experience and thoughts about it.  Then I had a chance to speak with 2 more Japanese Twitch members Nakamura san and Makino san from 10:45 to 12:15. They told me how Twitch is doing in Japan and challenges.  I also could also share my experience and thoughts about how I can contribute to the company for future growth. I spent all allocated time speaking to each one of them and It was really a pleasure and I am now very much motivated to join and contribute for the company growth.

Interview Questions

• What Kind of challenge I had in a past and how I overcame the challenge.   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitch (Seattle, WA) in June 2020.

Interview

First contacted by the recruiter for a 20 min phone screen.
    Then a video screen with a manager. Talked about myself, my experience, and why Twitch.
    At last it was the virtual onsite - tiring but had very good conversations.
    Overall the interviewers are super chill and recruiters are very helpful along the way.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for the behavioral questions - They are comparatively less intense than Amazon LP questions. I'd recommend just showing your real passion and strengths. Everyone is cool and open to listen/learn from you.   1 Answer

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitch (Seattle, WA) in June 2020.

Interview

The process was clear and straightforward. Started with a quick 20 min phone screen with a recruiter. They got back to me within a few hours to move forward. I had a 30 min phone interview with a Senior Designer with questions about my experience and previous projects. The final interview loop included a presentation, design challenge, and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without having sufficient data. What decision did you make and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Strategic Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitch (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Call with HR going over my resume - very nice and genuinely interested. Then, a call with the hiring manager to see how relevant the content of my experience was with the demands of the role.

I appreciated how genuine and transparent they were regarding whether we were a good fit for each other.

Interview Questions

• Why does this role interest you?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitch.

Interview

Had a behavioral screener interview with a member of the team which went well. I received positive feedback and was asked to provide availability for a second round of interviews as well as additional information before being abruptly informed that the role was no longer available and there was nothing further for me to do.

It left me with a bitter taste towards the company and no clear reasoning or next steps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...
      You solved a problem without data
      You dealt with a roadblock   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitch (San Francisco, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter from Twitch.Scheduled one Phone interview and got a call for Virtual Onsite round in 1 day and had 4 rounds of interviews in the Onsite round.

Interview Questions

• Medium Data structure and algorithms questions.One question was based on a game.They also asked further optimizations of the solutions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Twitch (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard, first a call with a recruiter, then a call with the hiring manager, then the hiring manager's boss, then an in-person interview for ~4 hours. The entire process took almost three months. Before the onsite there was an additional call with the recruiter to help prep for the interview (most of the questions were looking for STAR-type answers).

Unfortunately, the offer I received was significantly lower than what I had discussed with the recruiter. I was told there was no room for negotiation. If I had known that the offer was going to be so low, I would not have going through all the interviews and preparation.