Two Sigma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Two Sigma

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Two Sigma.

Interview

Fairly long and intensive process. There is a phone screen with a recruiter, an online coding test, and a technical phone interview. If you do well enough on those, you get invited on site. The morning consists of 3 one-hour interviews followed by lunch. If you did well during the morning, you will meet with heads of teams that are interested in hiring you.

Interview Questions

• A few algorithm questions, a few software engineering best practices questions, and some general experience questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

All the Interviews was, just online Interviews and Test with Hacker Rank. The Questions were required extensive knowledge in both Mathematics and Thinking on your feet as IMO the time given was hardly optimal.

Interview Questions

• In my HackerRank part of the Interview, They were primarily OOP Class Questions, Completion Theory questions and few Mathematical Algo based questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma.

Interview

Two coding tests and one bonus coding test. They are not so difficult the platform is Hackerrank. One is about a simple sorted array search. One is about typical statistical models.

Interview Questions

• One is about a simple sorted array search. One is about typical statistical models.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

Very thorough and communicated effectively to keep me in the loop throughout the entire process. Everyone was very friendly and expected interns to not have much experience/knowledge about private equity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Not really understand why they reject me in this round. but I think it just save my time for the onsite which mostly would not pass. I think they want the optimal answer at the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Ramdom number which not shown before in the list   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Two Sigma in January 2020.

Interview

Referred by an employee. HR contacted me and send me the link to the coding challenge from hackerrank website. The OA should be finished within 3 hours and included two questions plus a bonus. The first one is a coding question and the second is statistical modeling.

Interview Questions

• A NYC temperaure dataset. Asked to use linear regression to find the most predictive model.   Answer Question

Freshman Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma in January 2020.

Interview

If you pass the Hackerrank, they send you a questionnaire, asking basic resume stuff. If you pass that, they invite you to the on-site interview in NYC. They also sent another coding challenge to do after this. Did 2 hours of technical interviews on site, then had lunch. If your tech interview was successful, you do 3 hours of behavioral

Vice President (Product) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

3+ months, 10+ interviews in total.
    Applied on-line then referral in parallel.
    I had a few phone interviews then on-site with 8 back-to-back interviews across HR, Eng, Modeling, and Products across all levels.

Very professional, friendly and smart group of people.
    The HR recruiter was incredibly thoughtful throughout the process.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Two Sigma (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2019.

Interview

HR phone screen
    2 hour coding test online
    Manager phone interview
    On site meet the team , three tech round, didn’t got invited for the afternoon session.

Overall easy questions, but they seems to have no tolerance for bugs, made a few bugs and corrected them after the interviewers pointed out, probably that’s why i failed.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied for the Freshman Program at Two Sigma. As a freshman, my knowledge of CS was very limited. I struggled with the first HackerRank coding challenge that was provided to us.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via email in August. I submitted my resume and get a 3-hour coding challenge with 2 problems. After that, one of the HR invited me for a phone interview.