Two Sigma Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 512 of over 512 interviews

Campus Recruiting12%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Two Sigma

Application

I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

There were three rounds of technical interviews that involved coding on a shared screen, some finance related. You had to come up with test cases as part of the interview question. There was also one behavioral interview where you talked with a more senior person about your own work experience and any questions that you had

Interview Questions
  • Code a simple simulation of a stock exchange
    Answer Question

Two Sigma

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Two Sigma in May 2022

Interview

You’ll get a test to do on your own time. 3 hours of medium or less LC type questions. An HR phone call. A phone interview with some dev questions and one coding question that is not hard. The final round is 6 hours, 3 coding and 3 behavioral and maybe some system design. The coding questions just take too much time to properly do. By the time I was done asking questions to clarify what was needed I was already running short on time. 2 of the 3 coding questions required a lot of clarification. I think they could have spent less time on my resume and more on the requirement. They need to frame these type of requirements first instead of only having me read and ask questions. Once you notice you’re running out of time it leads to bad decisions. This is not how we work in the real world. You want to reward people for making sure they’re are following requirements, not pit them against a clock. All the interviewers were professional and nice though.

Interview Questions
  • The first question was for a stock trading algorithm but is framed poorly. The graphics provided suggest things that are not true. I did ask and it was clarified but overall it’s just not framed well. I normally don’t have such a hard time figuring out requirements. It’s honestly a straight forward problem but something about the presentation just takes too much time to clarify. You should remove this question or explain better please.

What people are saying about Two Sigma

Join the conversation on

Finance

61.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Two Sigma~241045
Join the conversation on

Two Sigma

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

Two Sigma has perhaps the most unprofessional HR team I have dealt with. They will ignore all of your calls and emails, and drag the interview process on for 3 months. They also failed to tell me which position I was interviewing for (applied to more than 1) and they will not give any info about your interviewers. It is also your own responsibility to keep reaching out to remind them that you are still in the process so they can set up the next interview. Every single contact that I had with them over the last 3 months was unnecessarily difficult.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Two Sigma

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

One phone screen interview, then three rounds of technical onsite interviews. The onsite interview questions are hard and the interviewer expects you to write the bug-free codes which can pass all their test in 60 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Two Sigma

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma in Apr 2022

Interview

Applied online, received an invite to a 75 minute HackerRank online assessment with 2 questions. Then a very general HR phone screen. Then a CodePair on HackerRank with an engineer. Their application management system has some issues. I was receiving emails to an old email sometimes and other times to my current email. I informed them of this and in the end they still sent emails to the wrong one. When on the phone, they use some sort of headset and/or software and the sound quality is not good. It's definitely worse than a normal phone call.

Interview Questions
  • Online assessment: perform a given distribution algorithm on tabular numerical data. Find the "best" subtree (this question uses misleading terminology of flows and cuts, but it has nothing to do with flow networks nor max-flow min-cut). Codepair: explain hashmap, process and thread, and a question that is essentially random sampling without replacement.

Two Sigma

Application

I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

I was brought in while Two Sigma was acquiring IP from current company. I interacted with a couple of members in the research team to present it and answered questions accordingly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY)

Interview

I was approached by a campus recruiter, I completed the first step (online test) and did one technical interview with a quant. The process was smooth and professional. I declined the next interview because I got another offer in the meantime.

Interview Questions
  • Advanced college math (statistics, linear algebra). Programming (data structures).

Two Sigma

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

The process: Online test --> essay questions --> Technical interviews(3 hours) --> behaviours interviews (2 hours) The question level for the technical interview was about LC medium. Overall, very nice experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Two Sigma

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

It was a series of interviews broken up over a few days. Each interview was with a different person from a different team in HR. It was very smooth and simple as well as insightful to be able to hear different backstories as well as responsibilities across HR.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had a negative interaction with a coworker.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY) in Feb 2022

Interview

1st Interview - Technical phone screen (Medium leetcode question, passed) 2nd Interview - 4 round Technical interviews, - All were around leetcode medium/hard and did well on all 3 interviews but one of the interviews was the worst interview experience of my entire life. It was an extreamly racist man that wasted 30min of my time grilling me on behavioral questions (when this was strictly a technical interview and had a 3hr behavioral scheduled the next day) and giving back unnecessary, degradding and RUDE responses to my ans such as " I don't care about that". He left me with only 15min to solve a hard leetcode question and made it impossible for me to pass the interview. Reported this to the head of HR as it's not fair for my hard work to be thrown out the window simply because of ONE RACIST engineer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 512 Interviews

Two Sigma Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Two Sigma as 42.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.30 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Quantitative Analyst and Quantitative Researcher rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Two Sigma takes an average of 26 days when considering 507 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Quantitative Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 16 days), whereas Software Engineer(Internship) roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Two Sigma according to 507 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 38.13%