Cover image for U.S. Xpress

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

U.S. Xpress Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 90 of over 90 interviews

Other7%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Austin, TX) in Jan 2023

Interview

Basic interview. Number of jobs, when to when. Education. All in all about 10 minutes of questions. The interviewer seemed pleasant, and didn't rush through. I thought they did a very through interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why did I leave so many promising jobs?
    1 Answer

U.S. Xpress

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick, and everyone was extremely friendly. Met with key leaders of the TA function. They have a very progressive interview style, demeanor, and speed with their process. I was very pleased overall, and overall I think are good indicators when choosing a company, especially in Talent Acquisition.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult Hiring Manager, and what you did to resolve the situation. What was the end result or thing you learned?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chicago, IL) in Apr 2022

Interview

Third Party Recruiter reached out through LinkedIn and set up time for discussion . First round was with a Manager and second round was with tech team . They informed the result in 48 hours

Interview Questions
  • 1. General C# questions 2. One challenge you faced in recent projects . 3. One c# problem to solve .

U.S. Xpress

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress

Interview

Applied for a customer service position in May 2021. Got a call from a recruiter the next day to set up a phone interview. 2 days after the phone interview was contacted to set up a video interview with 2 of the hiring managers. Was told by the recruiter the position was permanently remote. During the video interview, one of the managers seemed completely uninterested as he was working on another monitor and never once glanced at me and the other hiring manager speaking. They seemed to be turned off that I wasn't located in the Phoenix, AZ area-even though the job was completely remote. A few weeks later the recruiter contacts me to let me know they decided to go with another candidate. However he felt I was a good fit for a different customer service position. He set up a video interview with 2 different hiring managers located in the Southeast US area. Again this was a permanent remote position. This interview went over well. It felt more like a conversation. They kept asking me if I would ever relocate to the Chattanooga, TN area where their office is located...even though this department was going to stay remote permanently. One of the hiring managers asked later in the same week if she could do a phone call with me with some follow up questions. I said sure. Never heard from them again. September 2021 I applied to a Bilingual Recruiting Processor position and a recruiter contacted me the next day to ask availability for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was contacted to set up a video interview with 3 different hiring managers. The video interview ended up having 4 different managers. They rushed the interview because I would try to ask questions and they cut me short. They each asked 1 question and the interview lasted 10 minutes. They asked how close I was to the Chattanooga, TN area and if I could go there-even though the position was completely remote. Never got hired. Not because they notified me but because weeks went on and I never heard a response. 2 takeaways from this company: -If you are not located where their offices are, they will not hire you even for a remote position -If you are not hired, you will never hear from them again

Interview Questions
  • Where are you located? Would you consider relocating to Chattanooga, TN?
1 person found this interview helpful

U.S. Xpress

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress in Oct 2021

Interview

First two interviews are over the phone, third is in person. First interview took about 30min and the second a little over an hour. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. Interview questions very in depth. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me many questions regarding teaching style, past experiences, and hypothetical situations

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in Aug 2021

Interview

It was fast, quick and easy to go through and set up. Recruiter was sweet and friendly. Interviewers were 3 and seemed nice, had a few questions and concerns. Overall felt like a comfortable experience, they did present themselves to you a little different than what they are at the job site.

Interview Questions
  • Do you work good under stress? Are you familiar with Excel? Do you know how yo use Teams or Outlook?

U.S. Xpress

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress

Interview

HR requested an initial phone screen. I had to call the HR person and they were not prepared for our meeting. Didn’t ask me very many questions and I asked a lot of questions. I was told I would hear back the following week to schedule an interview with the Hiring Manager and they ghosted me. I followed up several times via email and no reply. When someone is giving you their time, it would be nice to know if you’re no longer considering them for a position.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Very standard first round with HR, basically walking through the resume Second round with the hiring manager was conversational, he didn’t seem prepared (not sure he even looked at my resume) and came up with questions off the cuff Hiring manager said next steps would be virtual panel interviews, after a couple of follow ups with HR I’ve been ghosted. From reading other’s experiences it appears ghosting is common with this company, very unprofessional

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in Apr 2021

Interview

Zoom call, they described the position, provided ups and downs. Provided pay, it was non-negotiable, provided bonus structure(it was actually less). They did not mention the caveats that were required for the monthly commission bonus to be paid.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mebane, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Mebane, NC) in Mar 2021

Interview

1.5 week for the total process. Five days after applying, I interviewed with HR ad we spoke on my background and scenario questions. A few days later came the next round, a virtual interview with Regional and Area manager. They'll tell you then and there whether you're approved for the final interview. Lastly is an on-site interview with your direct Manager. Respectful staff and positive environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 90 Interviews

U.S. Xpress Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at U.S. Xpress as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.16 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Dedicated Driver and Fleet Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Class A Truck Driver and Dispatcher roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at U.S. Xpress takes an average of 14 days when considering 101 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Dedicated Driver had the quickest hiring process (on average 3 days), whereas Dispatcher roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 17 days).

Common stages of the interview process at U.S. Xpress according to 101 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 20.96%