U.S. Xpress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at U.S. Xpress

2.0

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

long draw out tedious they do background, medical exam so that makes it take longer, you are also staying in a hotel and shuttling to the facility, they also make you watch a bunch of videos you do not need to.

Anonymous Employee in Tunnel Hill, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Tunnel Hill, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

lengthy, must pass physical, seen many not pass interview due to High BP and Drug Screen. they pay for your bus ticket however do not pay return ticket if you fail drug screen. Stay in hotel during the 3 day orientation which last from 7am-6pm. if you are experienced driver you must pass a backing test and driving test, if not you will be sent out with a trainer for 50 Hours. Student drivers take their tests after going out with a trainer for 5-6 weeks (and pray you have a trainer that actually trains because your life and other depends on it, if you do not then request another trainer).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Panama City, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Sounded amazing and worth wild, recruiter made the company sound so great and promising. Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the very next business day. The interview took about a hour and half on the phone and a week or two to get me to orientation and start driving for the company.

Interview Questions

• How many miles does drivers get?Does the company allow pets and riders? Do you offer benefits?How does the teams work? If you do not wish to drive teams can you go solo? Allow power inverter in trucks?   1 Answer

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Batavia, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter over the phone and had to go to a FedEx Store to fax a copy of my W=2 from a prior job, because a former employer wanted $25.00 to tell them that I had worked there. After that, I attended orientation in Springfield, Ohio.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Springfield, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

I contacted them. They interviewed me and I got accepted into there next orientation class.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to drive for their company?   1 Answer
    • What am I looking for in a trucking company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress.

Interview

did orientation had to do driving test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

better than i thought

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress.

Interview

Called recruiting department, got approved for orientation. Went through 3 day orientation, requires physical exam, including, but not limited to: duck walk, ladder climb, weight carrying, push and pull test. New drivers must then go out with a trainer and pass training exams and driving tests before final hire, experienced drivers may occasionally require shorter outings with a trainer to verify that they are still able to drive a truck.

Interview Questions

• Will investigate accidents, CSA violations, criminal record. Used to be VERY picky with drivers, but seem to be getting a little more lax.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Phoneton, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Standard trucking hiring process, they do a drug and back ground test. You have to take a driving test when you get to the terminal. You have to be pretty bad to fail this. I have had to administer road test before. The things I have seen people get let go for was being too fat to duck walk under a trailer, and completely forgetting to yield right of way will making a left hand turn on a non arrow green light and almost having a head on collision.

Interview Questions

• can you spell your name right?
      are you willing to work for next to nothing and stay out way to long?   1 Answer

Negotiation

bend over, no lube, no reach around

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Springfield, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

There is no interview only orientation . US xpress will hire anybody the pay is low they have a huge turnover of drivers always looking for drivers Who will work for $300 a week

Interview Questions

• Do you have a class A drivers license   1 Answer
    • Can you move to gas city Indiana   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving U.S. Xpress   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tunnel Hill, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Tunnel Hill, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Great 3 days not real time consuming, excellent work ethic and ability to work with you and your family and friends are invited to attend the annual event. Tell you they have done with the company how it got to where it is today