U.S. Xpress Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 82 of over 82 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Xpress

U.S. Xpress

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress

Interview

HR requested an initial phone screen. I had to call the HR person and they were not prepared for our meeting. Didn’t ask me very many questions and I asked a lot of questions. I was told I would hear back the following week to schedule an interview with the Hiring Manager and they ghosted me. I followed up several times via email and no reply. When someone is giving you their time, it would be nice to know if you’re no longer considering them for a position.

Interview Questions
  • What type(s) of Project Management have you used?
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Very standard first round with HR, basically walking through the resume Second round with the hiring manager was conversational, he didn’t seem prepared (not sure he even looked at my resume) and came up with questions off the cuff Hiring manager said next steps would be virtual panel interviews, after a couple of follow ups with HR I’ve been ghosted. From reading other’s experiences it appears ghosting is common with this company, very unprofessional

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

U.S. Xpress

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress in Feb 2021

Interview

Basic interview with basic questions. The interviewer seemed to be in a hurry and busy. I never herd back from them again. I wasn’t an applicant, they engaged me through LinkedIn. Before the interview, they asked me to send them detailed information about positions I recruited for in the past.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

U.S. Xpress

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress

Interview

Very quick first interview that did not reach too far because they were looking for someone who finishes their studies soon. That was not my case, they did not specify it in the job posting either so I did not know about it beforehand.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in Nov 2020

Interview

The interview process involved three total interviews, starting with the typical thirty-minute phone-screen interview and leading to an interview with the direct hiring manager. The second interview with the hiring manager was a video interview on Microsoft Teams and lasted one hour. I was surprised by how in-depth it was. The third interview was another video interview, this time a panel interview on Microsoft Teams with a total of seven interviewers (all company executives except for one or two). This was pretty hectic and challenging. Overall, I moved from the first interview to the third interview within one week, which was really awesome. What was quite frustrating was how I was told they were going to hire another candidate. The email I received was extremely generic, with the only unique identifying factor being my first name on the top of the email. The email offered no areas for improvement or any further information. It even showed that it was being sent to multiple recipients. To me, this came across as very unprofessional. It is not professional to meet with multiple senior executives and then receive a generic email with zero feedback and an impression that the entire email was boilerplate. It is normal to expect a boilerplate rejection email after applying or going through only the phone-screen interview, but not after meeting with senior leaders. While challenging, the interview process was exciting. What made the overall experience neutral is the total lack of professionalism from HR in notifying me I would not be hired. If I had received a professional email from the HR person with specific examples of improvement mentioned by the hiring manager or just about anything else that was personal besides my name on the email, I would've rated this experience positive.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What is one way you handle conflict or disagreements with a coworker? Q: Describe a time when you felt challenged? Q: What is your leadership style?
1 person found this interview helpful

U.S. Xpress

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress

Interview

My first interview with the hiring manager went very well. I was told I was going to get a follow up interview with a senior manager. When I was scheduled for the interview , it was with the hiring manager again so I thought that she had more questions for me. She interviewed me as if she had not spoken to me before. She also could not tell me much about the role because it was new. And it would be a position in charge of a sales team and project manager. Also, during the first interview I was told I would need to spend time in Atlanta as well as Chattanooga but that was not mentioned in the 2nd interview. I think that they are doing some organizational changes and may not be ready to actually hire. I did not hear anything else from the company after my 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

U.S. Xpress

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress in Aug 2020

Interview

Easy and straightforward orientation was a bit long but got you into a truck pretty rapidly. Decent interview took awhile to hear back from any one, but all in all a pretty easy process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

U.S. Xpress

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress

Interview

I actually didn't interview. I was contacted by them after seeing my profile on LinkedIn. I told them I'd be interested in speaking along with asking about the compensation range and remote work flexibility and I got no response. I followed up several days later and got a response on the remote work (really none,) and they actually had no compensation requirements in place and asked me what I was looking for. I gave them a basic number based off the basic info I had received for the job but I added several other factors that were important to take a new job. Again zero response. Followed up a week later to see if there was any interest in speaking and again, zero response. They came to me and I'm having to follow-up with them every time. I'm sure interviewing would have been a blast.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Phoenix, AZ) in Jun 2020

Interview

Positive expereince. Applied online and got a call from the recruiter within a couple days, asked me questions about why i want to work for the company and how I deal with difficult situations in teams. Followed up couple days later with a video interview with developers on the team. they asked me only questions about my experience - no coding. Just to talk and get to know personality. Got an offer couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

U.S. Xpress

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress

Interview

Multiple internal meetings, write a letter describing why I want the position. Spoke withg the director of operations, and VP of logisitics. Was low key but slow process that took months. Was recruited and hired internally

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 82 Interviews