U.S. Xpress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Xpress Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

A month after I submitted my application I received a call asking if I was still interested in the position. On that same call I had a phone interview then was offered to come in for a face to face interview the next day. After the interview I was able to sit side by side with a dispatcher and see first hand what they do.
    I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at US Xpress?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a difficult customer/client and the steps you used to resolve their issue.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress in September 2017.

Interview

Pre-hiring process is very simple and easy. You can even apply for position on your smart phone. The recruiter, Shay, was very informative and a pleasure to deal with. Got pre hire letter within hours.

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview, then a group interview with two directors, immediate supervisor and hr manager. Then did a 2 hour job shadow. Got a call 3 days later to offer me the position

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress in May 2017.

Interview

Very casual and very much intentional. Felt like they wanted to get to know me versus some places that just got through the motions.

Got a call from a recruiter, setup an interview time, 3 on 1 panel style interview, got an offer within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses   1 Answer
    • Your experience handling an upset customer/client.   1 Answer
    • What makes you interested in US Xpress?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gas City, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Gas City, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Informed me about the job and benefits. Then asked me if I had any questions. Told me I would be training out of state. I was very surprised by the pay. Have to wait until this Friday to find out if I got the job or not. The suspense is killing me.

Operations Tra Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Tedious. 3 part interview. Phone interview, in person, and Power Point Presentation. I did not get past the phone interview, but the questions on that interview were difficult. I took their suggestions to cross train and was told to reapply at a later date.

Interview Questions

• What is one quality that I value about myself   1 Answer

Capacity Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for five positions and went to three interviews. One interview was for Triage and two for Capacity buyer. The first interview was very straight forward interviewed with two gentlemen they were very respectful and professional. The second and third interview were very similar everyone was respectful and professional and made it a comfortable experience.

Anonymous Employee in Bessemer, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Bessemer, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in and met with the site manager. We talked about my background and experience. I asked some basic questions about US Xpress and the operation here in Bessemer.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation than asking questions. I think because of my experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick and straight forward, general questions about previous work experience and ability to do the necessary job functions. We went over the needs of the business moving forward and what would be expected. I applied and interviewed for a dispatching position but was hired on as an Account Supervisor l.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

EAsy going. When I walked in I was told to take off my jacket and tie. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I got to know interviewer as well as he got to know me

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in logistics specifically logistics brokerage   Answer Question