UC Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.5

Accounting Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Health (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview and was invited to come in. Submitted potential times (after requesting time off from my current job) and heard nothing. Called (this was about 48 hrs after the phone interview) because I needed to know something since I have a current job, and was told the position was filled but would it be ok to send my resume on to a very similar position? I said yes. Manager was polite and I assumed an internal hire had been selected. Didn't appreciate them leaving me hanging, but at least I had an answer since I called and followed up.

Weeks went on, and eventually I got a call from another manager on voicemail asking me if I was interested in a job. I called back the same day & got his voicemail and left a message. Heard nothing, so I called back the next day & left a message. (Two attempts at contact.) I left times I could be reached as well as my email address.

Later, I hear from the same number from someone else stating he is from HR wanting to know if I want to speak about the job. I'm frustrated at this point but we set a time for a phone interview. He doesn't call at the set time - he calls the next day.

Throughout the course of this, I've received several automated emails from UC Health saying that several positions I've applied for have been "closed but if you have an interview please honor the date and the time". The organization and the department seem so unorganized in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The phone screener with the first Manager was easy and very brief. It was about 5 minutes. She wasn't an HR person, she was a department manager. This was the only actual interview I had.   Answer Question

Research Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Health.

Interview

Phone interview, 3 panel interview. Pretty easy process. They asked questions about research regulations. Met with director and human resources. Very easy process. They asked just a couple research questions and called to offer the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• How long do you have to report an SAE   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Health.

Interview

A representative from HR calls you. An interview is scheduled with a nurse manager. They ask you about a time you failed. Ask about greatest achievement. Ask about experience.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest achievement?   1 Answer

ICU RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UC Health (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

It was a long time ago, but I remember it being pretty easy. I got an interview with HR, and before I left, I got an interview set up for the next day with the unit manager. I remember it was with a very friendly HR person. HR is in a very old, difficult place to find, and I was almost late for my interview. So difficult to find that they have maps at the front desk to find it.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Health (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online through the UC Health website. Out of the blue about 2 weeks later I got a call for a phone screen. Completed the phone screen and then was invited to meet face to face with HR.

Patient Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Health (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process wasn't bad. I had to fill out the online application, it took a few weeks for them to contact me via email to set up an in-person interview. I went to the interview and met with an HR person. She informed me about the job and went over my resume. Ended up needing me for a different position that I was qualified for (Health Unit Coordinator) and said the pay was higher. I had to complete a typing test which I passed. I then met with the ER supervisor who asked me some behavioral based interview questions and then gave me a tour of the ER. I was contacted within a few hours saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I didn't know that was a thing.

Clinical Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Health (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

The HR rep called me and did a phone screen. I then had a panel interview with the Executive Director of Business Administration, the Clinical Director, and the Business Administrator of the department.

Interview Questions

• General questions. It was more of a conversation than a formal interview   Answer Question

Patient Care Assistant - Daniel Drake Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UC Health (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR within a week. The interview was scheduled two weeks after initial contact from HR because their schedule was completely booked. I interviewed first with the HR manager, questions were straight forward and expected: why are you interested in this position, tell me about a time you encountered conflict and how it was resolved, what are your goals, etc. Second round interview was immediately following and was with the interim nurse manager. She asked more involved questions, why are you choosing this facility over others in the area, what type of person do you think this job requires, what is your biggest opportunity, etc. She then took me on a tour of the facility and described functions of each wing. I interviewed on a Thursday and was informed by both the HR manager and the interim nurse manager that I would learn their decision--offer or no offer--the following Monday. I followed up a week after the interview and still have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my career goals, which go beyond the role of a PCA, and then was asked about my commitment to the position--perhaps a rookie mistake on my end to respond with an approximate timeline.   1 Answer

Interview

I submitted my application and in less than a week received a call from human resources to schedule an interview. I came in for the interview and met with a human resources specialist and then with the manager from the floor that I applied to. I received an offer for a position the next week.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of different situations in which you have demonstrated certain values, i.e. integrity, etc.   Answer Question

Exercise Physiologist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Health.

Interview

I submitted my application and two weeks later was contacted by HR for a phone interview..
    Pretty in depth conference phone interview with the manager of rehab care and one other staff member then in person interview to follow

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview I was caught off guard, they asked me if I could play any sport in any position, what would it be and why   Answer Question
    • They asked about their 4 core values. Which of the four is your strongest and which is your weakest   Answer Question