UC Irvine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.5

Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted a cover letter on job website. And few days later, scheduled for an interview. Was asked about the projects I did. Few days later, I got a call for the offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview

After applying for the job, I heard back a few weeks later via phone call. When I answered the phone, they conducted an impromptu phone interview. The person on the phone made the entire hiring process very clear, telling me all the requirements and steps before conducting the interview. Then, we scheduled an in person interview for the following day, which was followed by an assessment test

Office Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview

Applied on their website. If they are interested in you, most communication is done by email. Received email asking if I was still interested in the position and a date was set to come in to meet with the department managers. Parking at the campus was a nightmare. Be prepared to spend more time looking for parking and paying for it than actually getting to the location. And they don't validate. Finally arrived at the office and was given a list of questions the interviewers were going to ask me. (Not sure if that applies to all departments.) Because of that, the interview went smoothly.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

You have to make it through a dual process application. You first will write about why you want the position and then you will either be invited or not to an in person interview. It can depend on how well you come off, such as being personal. You will really want to study up on the housing community you are applying for and what its values are and give personal responses to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Please define diversity/ please give an example of a time you dealt with diversity.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process depends on the department. I have had interviews with 3 different departments and all of them were different.
    One had a panel of 6 interviewers and it was a pretty difficult hour-long interview.
    One had a panel of 2 interviewers that was too easy.
    One was a pretty casual interview that was pretty easy as well.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Received a call to schedule a time for the interview. For a work study position, it was like any other interview. I was interviewed by the lab that I wanted to join. My interviewer and I sat in a quiet area and she printed out my resume and asked me behavioral/personal questions. Never asked about anything on my resume, but I had to take a basic chemistry quiz (dilutions only).

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UC Irvine (New York, NY).

Interview

Presentation of your PhD work and any manuscripts submitted for publication as well as technical know hows in that particular field. Questions on collaborations done with other labs as what took place and results of those collaborations.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview

Submitted online application and was contacted within 1 month for an initial group phone call. Contacted 2 weeks later for a panel interview. One panelist walked in late to the interview, seemed like a red flag.

Interview Questions

• how would you know that a student has learned something   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview

Application was first submitted online for review. Once accepted, I was given an offer to come and interview with selected faculty who were interested in me. During these meetings we discussed future research plans and fit with respective labs. I was also introduced to other graduate students in the department and taken on a tour with them and later to a dinner. It seemed as if the graduate students were also part of the interview process as they asked a lot of questions about my own work and how it would fit into their respective labs.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a study you would like to run when you start in the Fall.   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Interview

phone screening followed by panel interview with HR, department head, hiring manager, and instructors. Excellent communication throughout the entire process. Panel had questions prepared in advance, a mix of technical and behavioral questions.