UC Irvine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Assistant Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

There was not a formal interview process. The PI offered the position to help my career transition and finish a collaborative project. I have been working with the PI for several years.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to extend another three months to finish writing the paper and consulting for several projects?   Answer Question

Assistant Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I did not have an interview it was an internal posting. Easy paperwork to fill out. Overall an easy job to apply for with minimal barriers. HR staff is friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked about GPA, highest degree   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Received a call to schedule a time for the interview. For a work study position, it was like any other interview. I was interviewed by the lab that I wanted to join. My interviewer and I sat in a quiet area and she printed out my resume and asked me behavioral/personal questions. Never asked about anything on my resume, but I had to take a basic chemistry quiz (dilutions only).

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

One on one in-person interview. The interviewer was in relaxed clothes and spoke candidly about expectations for the job. It was a fairly long conversation (roughly half an hour). The interviewer was never outwardly rude, but was fairly cold throughout.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied after 2 month, then got a email for phone interview. The interview was very short and they let you know whether you get the job after a couple days.

Staff Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Irvine in August 2013.

Interview

Very strong background in Molecular and Cell Biology, but no stem cell experiences

Office Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview

Applied on their website. If they are interested in you, most communication is done by email. Received email asking if I was still interested in the position and a date was set to come in to meet with the department managers. Parking at the campus was a nightmare. Be prepared to spend more time looking for parking and paying for it than actually getting to the location. And they don't validate. Finally arrived at the office and was given a list of questions the interviewers were going to ask me. (Not sure if that applies to all departments.) Because of that, the interview went smoothly.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied through a referral from a friend. Had an interview with one of the managers there, was offered the job. Everyone was very friendly yet professional, and the overall process was very quick. The questions were all very standard and to the point.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Talk about experience and skills, then ask about what the possible challenges will be and introduce the overall duty and opportunity of the job, discuss over the general benefit and possible risk

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience do you have previously?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview

The process was intense, but the people were amazing. There was a good mix of younger and older professionals and they seemed to value diversity. I had a phone screening with multiple people followed by an in person interview with the director.