UC San Diego Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC San Diego Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.4

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

Lots of technical questions, was asked to make a presentation. But it really depends on the PI. Had a chance to talk to all the lab members after the interview which was extremely useful.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego.

Interview

Contact to a professor for a RA position, and schedule an one to one meeting.
    Attempt to solve an on going problem with a collaboration of other graduate student in the lab.
    With some progress of project, received the support for the tuition and living expenses.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego.

Interview

Phone interview asking me to introduce myself and describe my research background, then an in-person interview. Very quick highly structured group panel style interview. They had a list of questions.

Swim Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UC San Diego.

Interview

This was an easy and casual interview. The interview contained basic questions that were easily answered. There was no second interview and they had a quick response time for the job offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Very professional. I am good in interviews so I don't think there was a particularly tough question. I can say that it seemed rather formal and unfriendly at times. Just business, really. But it is a very large business after all.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about work history, background, etc. They didn't ask what I would like to do in the future at any time. I think that would be a good question for long term employment but the question didn't happen.   1 Answer

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA).

Interview

in person interview with a set of questions then skills tests

This was a one on one interview where hiring manager asked questions about experience, different scenarios, interests, etc. It was followed by a series of tests assessing typing, Word, Excel, and grammar skills. Then a review of those test results and a follow-up call.

Interview Questions

• previous experience, skills, how you responded to a problem, computer tests on typing/Word/Excel   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego.

Interview

Turned in the application through an online portal. You can see where you are in the process through this portal which I think was great so you're not just waiting wondering if they even saw your resume or not.

Interview Questions

• What was a way that you were able to provide support in a hectic environment without the need of direction from a supervisor?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UC San Diego.

Interview

The hiring process was quick. I turned in my application in person and received an email to come in for an interview right away. Everything was done through email, which is good because dates and things are clear to both parties. The interview was easy. I got to know whether or not I was hired very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where a customer gave you problems and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There was no interview per se. It's best to contact a professor you know about a specific TA position. They can pull your application out of the stack and give you priority consideration for the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then I was brought in to meet with the management team, extensive background and reference checks. I was then offered the position from the HR representative over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How I handle change in the workplace.   1 Answer