UC San Diego Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample beforehand. The interview process was relatively simple: single interview, maybe 25-35 mins in length, and I was asked various questions about my previous experience with mentoring/tutoring other student writers.

Interview Questions

• Asked to read through a small writing sample and run through how I would comment on that sample to a student who came to me asking for help.   1 Answer

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UC San Diego.

Interview

I applied through a friend who worked there. The interview was very standard. There were questions about my experience in math classes, how to deal with different students and what to do in multiple situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain and solve this problem for your students?   Answer Question

Ph D Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

On the main interview day, you interview one on one with 5 professors and attend several casual/social events with students and faculty. The rest of the interview weekend is more for you to get to know the resources available in the program and to determine if the program is a good fit for you.

Language Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First, phone call to set interview time; Second, interview by asking questions to get to know my experience and my passion. Thrid, to set another time for presentation. To give a demo by using powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• what types of jobs you have done before?   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied using Tritonlink. Was contacted via email to set up an in-person interview. Got asked typical questions like "Why are you applying to be an assistant here?" Fair interview, nothing unexpected.

Lab Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online on the UCSD website. Checked the website about a week or so later and was "referred to hiring department." Got an email directly from the P.I. to set up an interview. Spoke over Skype for about an hour for the interview with the P.I. Very typical interview questions. Whole process probably took about 3 weeks.

Lab Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego in December 2013.

Interview

Found posting on third party career forum, applied through UCSD job site, received email setting up time and date, interviewed over skype for an hour, several follow-up phone calls (one of which notified me I got the job)

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Staff Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

i first spoke with supervisor on phone then i met with all staff and gave a presentation about my work experience and the. met with the future supervisor and discuss the job in more detail. it was only for one day.

Staff Research Associate Interview

Interview

It was fun and not to hard at all. you can apply thought the pros. if you already know some of the guys, it definite a plus. so get started now

Staff Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

It completely depends on the PI, if you're trying to work in the research field. They will more than likely contact you directly through email and set up a 1:1. If it's a staff job, this is usually pretty casual. They just want to make sure you're not inept and you're excited about the position. They'll also show you around the lab and introduce you to everyone who studies/works there. Their approval is important, as well. Make sure you ask a lot of questions about the position; a lot of times the job description will be very different from what you will actually end up doing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for much higher pay, but due to UC rules, I had to stay at my previous pay that was 15% less than what my PI wanted to pay me. Thanks a lot, UC.