UCB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCB Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.9

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCB.

Interview

Initial communication was a random email one month after I applied with a schedule for interviewing. I'm glad it didn't end up in my spam folder! Interview was over the phone , and I thought it went well. I followed up with a thank you email and didn't hear back. 3 weeks later I received another random email from a coordinator with another schedule for 2 more interviews scheduled 10-18 days out. I was really interested in the position, but the process was dragging out. In the mean time I received an offer somewhere else, which I accepted.

Advice to UCB: Don't drag out the interview process. Most qualified candidates will receive an offer in 60 days especially for Business related positions.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCB (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very tedious. The interview process is not great. There is no concern for the time of the applicant. Interview emails are sent with a set time span and there is no collaboration with applicant to ensure the time or days work in their favor. Interviews are set up separately instead of doing 1 panel interview. Time spent on campus was over 3 hours and at some point I wanted to walk out. Interviewers were very "weird" and I didn't get a good vibe from them. At some point, I felt as if they were patronizing me and wasting my time. I had gone through 2 preliminary interviews including one with the hiring manager so this whole interrogation process I wish I never had to endure. I am not interested in this company by any means and the way they go about the whole interview scheduling just solidifies my feelings. I almost wonder if everyone there is on some of those biopharmaceuticals because they all seemed to be in a trance.

Interview Questions

• The notorious question to go through your resume and tell me about your experiences.   1 Answer

Clinical Operations Job Interview

Interview

Thoroughly unimpressed-applied for a job I was well qualified (actually perfect) for, had outreach from HR recruiter asking to set up phone interview. Attempted to get something scheduled with no luck (recruiter kept pushing back week by week) only to find out that recruiter had obviously trolled my contact list to find my current colleagues in same role and reached out to multiple of them, including actually speaking with them (which she never actually did with me, even though initially requested). I have no issue with having other candidates, but follow through when initially asking for a call and don't make the candidate have to come back to you to see what is going on.

Clinical Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCB (New York, NY).

Interview

I was placed into a small room and hammered with one interviewer after another asking very similar questions. About 1/3 of them were calling in from Belgium and using Video Conferencing. Very often, they were difficult to hear and they didn't point the camera at their face. Overall, it was very impersonal and extremely one-sided. When asking questions about the position, it was obvious that they were unclear about roles and responsibilities, with half of the interviewers contradicting what the other half of the interviewers were saying. It was unclear what the deliverables were and what the success criteria were. I am very sorry I went - it was a waste of a day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Associate Director Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCB (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The most unprofessional recruiter!!!! After an interview with the hiring manager, the recruiter sent an email that I am to move to the next round for an in-person interview. I have never received any other instructions, I have sent 2 emails to ask about details, still didn't get any answer. I called and the recruiter mixed me up at first with someone else, then scheduled a call, then sent me an email that I didn't make it to the next round. I wasted almost a month between the two contradictory emails!

MSL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCB (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews were part of the process and presentation to a panel was required on your topic of choice. Great people, some tough questions during the interview but overall positive experience.

CNS Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCB in January 2016.

Interview

-Asked to schedule a phone screening
    -Half way through, the interviewer realized I wasn't living within the territory the position was located when he looked at my resume
    -No relocation packages offered
    -Was willing to relocate without a package
    -Interview ended with his "deepest apologies" for not realizing where I lived

Interview Questions

• Do you live within this territory?   1 Answer

Patient Safety Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCB.

Interview

HR and Departmental interview was interactive and very engaging. I was interviewed by about four colleagues who all have been specific about my skill sets and gave me enough time to respond to their questions.

Medical Scientific Content Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCB.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the recruiter who informed me the hiring manager was interested in speaking with me. Roughly a week later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for the position. The interview was based on providing different scenarios where I had to deal with a situation, explain my work/education background, or my project management skills. On top of the interview, the manager tried to make the interview a teaching experience (websites/societies to look at) regarding the position. The following day I received an email from the recruiter that they were not filling the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a conflict? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Futurist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCB (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

It involved a 30-minute phone screen with an HR representative, followed by 1-hour phone conversation with the hiring manager. Both were based in Atlanta. The interview was relatively straightforward, with a few unusual questions based on the uncommon nature of the position. The next step was an in-person interview, but I never heard back from either HR or the hiring manager. That felt like poor form.

Interview Questions

• Why UCB, why now and why Atlanta?   1 Answer