UMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UMC

2.3

Patient Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMC (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

There used to be the medical director who did the interviewing. However, after all the changes the company sort of pawns this off to anyone who is available. Like the directors secretary or the interim unit manager. The questions are really basic. The people they hire now for this position seem to need a psyche eval themselves. Haha. Be careful here. Not a profession. just a get you through your bills kind of job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a patient locked him/herself in the bathroom (remember that most to these patients are psyche pts.)   1 Answer

Medical Oncologist/Hematologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMC (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2012.

Interview

Straight forward, to the point independent contractor with ER call responsibilities. I made a call. I spoke to hospital personal and put my foot in the door to make it happen. It happened. I got hospital privileges, and see patients in-pt and follow in my clinic.

Interview Questions

• what is your time availability in working with the call schedule?   1 Answer

Charge Nurse, RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMC (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2011.

Interview

Process took much too long, from application, response, interview, to decision. Panel interview with typical behavioral based interview questions in addition to others.

Interview Questions

• No really particularly surprising, unexpected or difficult questions if you are experienced with interviews.   Answer Question

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMC (Jackson, MS) in August 2009.

Interview

Referred by an employee. Applied online. Interviewed with Dept Mgr. Interview went well but internal candidate was offered job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you were able to solve an issue in a positive way. What was the issue and solution.   Answer Question
    • This position requires interfacing with a number of departments on a daily basis, how will you prioritize competing demands?   Answer Question

Interview

the interview process is quite relaxing with two interviewers, one manager, and one mentor.
    there are some general questions about your career plan and introduction of the jobs
    Good and relaxing .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMC.

Interview

Long, detailed, a lot of rounds with IQ tests and hypothetical questions. Can be shorter and have faster response rate . The HR was quite helpful but only when you are proactive. Or else it’s just wait

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampines, East (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMC (Tampines, East (Singapore)) in February 2019.

Interview

1. 20min IQ Test
    2. Interview with Dev Manager

The interview was conducted in Mandarin as I believed the Dev Manager is Taiwanese. The whole conversation was pleasant but uncomfortable for those who’re less proficient in Mandarin.

If you happen to be a fresh grad, and you’ve recently completed your degree in local university (e.g. NUS, NTU), this is the job that you should be aiming for because they care a lot about education level. But to those who doesn’t have the luxury to study full time degree in local university, please avoid applying for this position as part time degree will be deemed useless even you have job experience.

Skills and knowledge on big data & optimisation algorithms will be useful, but you need to accurate with your explanation.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complicated project that you’ve done?   1 Answer
    • What are the programming languages that you know and how do you use it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMC (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2018.

Interview

Finish a 20-mins IQ test first, which consists of many geometrical figure inference problems. And then the engineer will chat with you about the interview details. (We both Chinese, so the engineer talked with me in Chinese.)

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with the path optimization problem?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMC.

Interview

With two interviewers, they are the department managers. They ask about resume in details. It is all in Chinese. The whole process is lasting 1.5 hours. Firstly, there is a logic test about 20 minutes. And there are also many personal questions during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your latest project?   1 Answer

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMC (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

First got IQ test finish within 20 minutes.
    Start with self-introduction with English. Then answering questions about what I know about UMC and also semiconductor field. Interviewer strict at first, but then smile and answer questions patiently.