UMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.2

Patient Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMC (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

There used to be the medical director who did the interviewing. However, after all the changes the company sort of pawns this off to anyone who is available. Like the directors secretary or the interim unit manager. The questions are really basic. The people they hire now for this position seem to need a psyche eval themselves. Haha. Be careful here. Not a profession. just a get you through your bills kind of job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a patient locked him/herself in the bathroom (remember that most to these patients are psyche pts.)   1 Answer

Medical Oncologist/Hematologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMC (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2012.

Interview

Straight forward, to the point independent contractor with ER call responsibilities. I made a call. I spoke to hospital personal and put my foot in the door to make it happen. It happened. I got hospital privileges, and see patients in-pt and follow in my clinic.

Interview Questions

• what is your time availability in working with the call schedule?   1 Answer

Charge Nurse, RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMC (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2011.

Interview

Process took much too long, from application, response, interview, to decision. Panel interview with typical behavioral based interview questions in addition to others.

Interview Questions

• No really particularly surprising, unexpected or difficult questions if you are experienced with interviews.   Answer Question

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMC (Jackson, MS) in August 2009.

Interview

Referred by an employee. Applied online. Interviewed with Dept Mgr. Interview went well but internal candidate was offered job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you were able to solve an issue in a positive way. What was the issue and solution.   Answer Question
    • This position requires interfacing with a number of departments on a daily basis, how will you prioritize competing demands?   Answer Question

Defect Management Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMC.

Interview

There was a logical test before the interview which took about 20min
     Then followed by a interview with two Engineers
    the whole interview lasted for 2 hours
    it was conducted in Chinese

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMC (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

Firstly I got a logic test and a few minutes later, a manager come to talk with me. Very common questions, the main quality they focus on is employee's personality, they want someone who can fit in the working condition.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMC (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewer is friendly, but he expects you to understand on your position, especially your passion towards the position you interview for and the industry. Hiring manager will keep emphasizing on the expected stress, high tension working environment and would like you to set in mind that you can cope with it or not.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work in semiconductor industry? What do you think of this industry?   Answer Question
    • Briefly describe some of the wafer fabrication steps.   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMC (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2016.

Interview

1)Taking logic test about numbers and sheet frist; 2)then talking to the hiring manager for abt 1 hr; 3) If qualified, proceed to HR to discuss. PS: better send a follow-up email if HR ignore you for a long time.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMC (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

I took the interview at UMC on May 2016. It has three rounds of interview- assessment, first round which has two interviewer concerning your basic qualifications; final round, where the interviewer is a director and concerns more about your character and values. The whole process took about one month. It seems they frequently hiring people to work with them. The interview is relatively easy but people should highly fit for their company's culture.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?
      How you will be secured for this job?
      Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMC (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy interview with Chinese, ask about previous experience and introduce the job to me, but it is said that they interview hundreds of candidates for only one position and it takes a month to give feedback.