UMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.3

Patient Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMC (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

There used to be the medical director who did the interviewing. However, after all the changes the company sort of pawns this off to anyone who is available. Like the directors secretary or the interim unit manager. The questions are really basic. The people they hire now for this position seem to need a psyche eval themselves. Haha. Be careful here. Not a profession. just a get you through your bills kind of job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a patient locked him/herself in the bathroom (remember that most to these patients are psyche pts.)   1 Answer

Medical Oncologist/Hematologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMC (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2012.

Interview

Straight forward, to the point independent contractor with ER call responsibilities. I made a call. I spoke to hospital personal and put my foot in the door to make it happen. It happened. I got hospital privileges, and see patients in-pt and follow in my clinic.

Interview Questions

• what is your time availability in working with the call schedule?   1 Answer

Charge Nurse, RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMC (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2011.

Interview

Process took much too long, from application, response, interview, to decision. Panel interview with typical behavioral based interview questions in addition to others.

Interview Questions

• No really particularly surprising, unexpected or difficult questions if you are experienced with interviews.   Answer Question

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMC (Jackson, MS) in August 2009.

Interview

Referred by an employee. Applied online. Interviewed with Dept Mgr. Interview went well but internal candidate was offered job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you were able to solve an issue in a positive way. What was the issue and solution.   Answer Question
    • This position requires interfacing with a number of departments on a daily basis, how will you prioritize competing demands?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMC.

Interview

With two interviewers, they are the department managers. They ask about resume in details. It is all in Chinese. The whole process is lasting 1.5 hours. Firstly, there is a logic test about 20 minutes. And there are also many personal questions during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your latest project?   1 Answer

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMC (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

First got IQ test finish within 20 minutes.
    Start with self-introduction with English. Then answering questions about what I know about UMC and also semiconductor field. Interviewer strict at first, but then smile and answer questions patiently.

Etch Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMC (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

The panel asked me about the experience that I have, since I have only internship experience, so basically I just shared with him my internship experience in another semiconductor company. He also asked me the reason why I want to work in this company.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMC (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

Firstly I got a logic test and a few minutes later, a manager come to talk with me. Very common questions, the main quality they focus on is employee's personality, they want someone who can fit in the working condition.

Defect Management Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMC.

Interview

There was a logical test before the interview which took about 20min
     Then followed by a interview with two Engineers
    the whole interview lasted for 2 hours
    it was conducted in Chinese

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMC (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewer is friendly, but he expects you to understand on your position, especially your passion towards the position you interview for and the industry. Hiring manager will keep emphasizing on the expected stress, high tension working environment and would like you to set in mind that you can cope with it or not.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work in semiconductor industry? What do you think of this industry?   Answer Question
    • Briefly describe some of the wafer fabrication steps.   Answer Question