UNICEF USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UNICEF USA Interview Questions

Interviews at UNICEF USA

2.8

Associate Interview

Interview

Met several people within organization, all asked questions about experience and desire to join more mission oriented work, lots of detailed questions related to international aid, overall very “nice” people work there

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UNICEF USA.

Interview

Basic questions, then moved on to very specific questions about my qualifications in terms of the job responsibilities. Personality and technical questions were heavily asked, probably to see if I was a good fit for the organization as well as whether I would be able to perform the duties at hand.

Interview Questions

• How do you like being managed?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNICEF USA.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and Skype interview with director of the department I wanted to intern for. Asked about USF's mission and also UNICEF's works. Went over past experiences and how I would utilize them for the position. The HR interview was more with personality, career aspirations, etc. and the director asked more about my qualifications. Usual stuff. Got some expected questions, such as strength vs weakness; challenge that I faced either in school or at work and how I managed to solve it; etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UNICEF USA (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

They invited 3 candidates to interview for the final role. Interview was conversational and they ask you to give a presentation. If you don't hear back within a week, or two they likely are following up with their first choice and making sure they clear the background check before notifying other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why U.S. Fund for UNICEF? Why are you passionate about this work? What specific experiences prepare you to undertake this role?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at UNICEF USA.

Interview

About 4 weeks after I applied for an internship position, the HR director sent me an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was okay; all questions were very predictable i.e. tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for US fund for UNICEF, tell me about your past internship experience, etc. It lasted about 15 minutes. A day after, he sent me an email saying that the manager of the department that I applied for wanted to have an interview with me. After shooting emails back and forth setting up time, I had a Skype interview (although I prefer in-person interview, it was difficult to set that up since she was away). She asked me similar questions but more specific i.e. What are your passions, what are your weaknesses, how did you contribute when you worked at this organization, etc. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Then a couple days after, I was offered the internship position.

Interview Questions

• I think it's always difficult to answer what my weaknesses are since I can't completely be honest with that answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UNICEF USA (Century City, CA).

Interview

Phone interview. 20 minute screening interview. Let me know they wanted to see my in person. More behavioral questions and what you know about UNICEF

Intern Interview

Interview

Research what UNICEF Is

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UNICEF USA (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

First round with recruiter two days after applying online, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. After this round, I had to complete a timed assignment. Was brought in for a final 2 rounds of interviews on the same day with a broad panel of colleagues. The recruiter was friendly, but I didn't get a very warm reception from the hiring team. It seemed that they'd already decided to hire someone else and bringing me in was just a formality required of the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a delicate situation with stakeholders.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UNICEF USA (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

After submitting the online application I received an initial email approximately 3 days later requesting that I contact the organization to arrange for a telephone interview. This interview was with an HR representative, and lasted approximately 30 minutes. This exploratory call was to establish a baseline regarding my interest, availability and experience. Likewise, it afforded me the opportunity to ask basic questions. The next step was a 1:1 interview at the organization's office. I met with my would-be supervisor who provided me with a more detailed explanation of the role and its requirements. I was informed that normally this 1:1 meeting would have taken place via Skype, but the manager happened to be in New York City and was available for an in-person meeting. The turnaround from the HR phone call to the in-person interview was less than 1 week.

Interview Questions

• In my opinion none of the questions asked of me were very difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UNICEF USA.

Interview

30 minutes, mostly behavioral questions about resume, but also asked several questions about interests as far as UNICEF projects that I had previously had exposure to. Remainder of time was spent on questions that made me prove my proficiency in various computer programs and basic finance.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult, mostly just questions about background.   Answer Question