UPMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.6

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Interview was for a finance internship. Applied online in August, and had the interview 1 month later. One way video interview that lasted about 15 minutes and included 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on a deserted island what 2 items would you take?   Answer Question
    • What Microsoft Excel skills do you possess?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Interview

I applied online. The next week I received a call to set up a phone interview, which we had set for 2 days later. The phone interview day came around and I received no call, so that night I called the interviewee and left a message that I never received my phone interview. The next morning she called and apologized up and down for missing it, she had gotten sick. It happens. So we scheduled it for the next day. Did the phone interview and then had to do an assessment test as the next part of the process. Did that 2 days after the phone interview. Then another 2 days passed and I received a call for a face to face interview, that was set for about a week later. The face to face interview went really well, I was interviewed by 4 different people, one at a time. There was only one other person who had an interview at roughly the same time as me but she was actually late. She was interviewed first and it lasted about a half hour. Mine lasted about an hour. I got the call the following Monday with the job offer. I'm currently in the process now of completing the background check and health assessment test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me all situational questions like: Describe a time where you had to multitask, how did you handle it, and what was the end result?
      Stuff like that.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and did a recorded interview. I found this kind of odd talking to a computer and just recording myself and think I would've done better talking to a real person. There were seven questions, you have 30 seconds to read the question then about 1-2 minutes to record your answer. You have one chance for each answer and cannot re-record.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on a desert island what two things would you want to have in your backpack?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in supply chain? Why are you interested in working in healthcare and specifically supply chain healthcare? Why for UPMC?   Answer Question
    • If we called your best friend and asked them what your top 2 strengths and top 2 weaknesses are, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What do you hope to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview went silly with silly jokes made by panel members . Prepare to hear Disgusting jokes from panel. Get ready with all the subject to teach them. Very uncomfortable to talk with the panel members.

Interview Questions

• The panel members are very poor in knowledge , they asked silly doubts when I mentioned poker meeting as part of agile, one member asked saying is that the word give by you guys , I did not know what to tell and felt how they hired that member without knowing terms from Agile and these people are even working in Agile environment.They even made silly jokes about my hobbies when I answers that I like to watch movies. These people don't even have maturity that hobbies are some ones personal choice. Over all Disgusting Interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Most sarcastic interview. The interviewers made jokes of the subject because of their lack of knowledge on the subject. One lady interviewer asked to give me lecture about the methodologies... Ohh GOD , how their joined her in UPMC ... so disgusting to take interview with that group.

Interview Questions

• Do you play cars in u r company, what kind of movies you like   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then you have to complete an assessment test and if you pass then you will have a face to face interview. And right then and there you will learn if you get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What were your everyday responsibilities on the job?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you did something you weren't suppose to do to help a customer and what did you do to make things right?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you helped a co-worker with something and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Its In-Person Interview with 3 member panel. The manager, leader and one optional candidate from their team . Very Disgusting questions and satires from this team. The optional candidate who don't have any experience was brought to interview an experienced candidate. This lady started asking very immature questions. We were discussing about Agile methodology , can any one guess what she asked... she said the " Poker planning " meeting , she never heard of that word cause she don't have any experience to know that, so she asked is that the word given by you guys.... I don't know what to talk with "zero" knowledge people. Then they all laughed saying that they may actual play poker.I felt bad to at least attend this interview with this knowledge people.They don't deserve me. They even joked on my hobbies also ,when I said I like to watch movies. These Idiots joked that movies are lengthy. These fools don't know that hobbies are some ones personal choice. Rather than an interview , I kind of gave them Lecture on how things work. I don't know how that super fool got into UPMC , who don't know about wordings in Agile.

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you play Poker in u r office
      2. What are you hobbies , so that we can joke.
      3. This is just a time pass interview, seriously this job is not open.   Answer Question

Patient Information Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for the job Monday July 10, did my phone interview Thursday July 13th. I was asked at the end of the phone interview to come in for a face-to-face interview. The phone interviews questions were just about my previous experience & availability. My face to face interview was scheduled for Wednesday July 19th. I interviewed with the department manager. She asked me a couple standard interview questions, tell me about a time when this happened. The following day, i received my offer email & someone from recruiting with an offer. He said that within a few days I'd be getting another email on how to access my onboarding portal, it took a little longer than normal to receive though. Once I did that, I scheduled my Pre employment screening, did a background check, drug test & I have to get cpr certified. My official start date will be Monday August 14th.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Erie, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Long, but with ease. I applied June 7th. Got called for phone interview June 15th & had to take an assessment online. Got sent an email stating they'd like to continue with me so I then scheduled an in person interview for June 22. It was a group interview. A room full of interviewers and we were called 1 by 1 and asked a few questions, it was about 45 minutes total. The questions weren't too hard, but average. There seemed to be some very qualified looking people so i thought the odds were against me. I got called back 6 days later, June 28 to tell me I was hired. I had to have a drug test, health screening, background check & reference checks & was given a start date of July 24. The entire process took almost 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that something at work changed, tell me what it was & how you handled it? What did or didnt you like about it?   Answer Question

Hot Foods Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Okay let's break this down , so I applied for a hot foods cook June 28th , they got back to me July 5th and wanted to schedule an interview , but my interview wasn't until July 20th at 10am so that day comes around and no one calls , so I call the number they left in my email no one answers , so the next morning I call again someone picks up and says your interview will be at 1pm today , 1pm rolls around that day and still no phone interview and now no one will answer that phone or email me back . I always wanted to be apart of this company but this is unacceptable , and very unprofessional . If the lady that was suppose to interview me is sick or on vacation It would be really nice if someone informed me , and I'm also pretty sure there's someone else in that hospital that can interview me .