UPMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.6

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The recruiter found me through a job boards site and continued to call and text to do phone interview. Did the phone interview and then was scheduled for on site interview. During interview, the interviewer kept me over the scheduled time slot and interview lasted about 1 hour and appeared as though I most likely got the position. There was no indication I wasn't going to get it. After that TA stated I would hear back from them within a week. 1 week goes by, nothing I send a email to TA to see if they had made a decision or not and nothing. I even emailed recruiter and nothing. It's now been a month now and never received a response to my emails or a rejection. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Patient Information Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied for the job Monday July 10, did my phone interview Thursday July 13th. I was asked at the end of the phone interview to come in for a face-to-face interview. The phone interviews questions were just about my previous experience & availability. My face to face interview was scheduled for Wednesday July 19th. I interviewed with the department manager. She asked me a couple standard interview questions, tell me about a time when this happened. The following day, i received my offer email & someone from recruiting with an offer. He said that within a few days I'd be getting another email on how to access my onboarding portal, it took a little longer than normal to receive though. Once I did that, I scheduled my Pre employment screening, did a background check, drug test & I have to get cpr certified. My official start date will be Monday August 14th.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Erie, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Long, but with ease. I applied June 7th. Got called for phone interview June 15th & had to take an assessment online. Got sent an email stating they'd like to continue with me so I then scheduled an in person interview for June 22. It was a group interview. A room full of interviewers and we were called 1 by 1 and asked a few questions, it was about 45 minutes total. The questions weren't too hard, but average. There seemed to be some very qualified looking people so i thought the odds were against me. I got called back 6 days later, June 28 to tell me I was hired. I had to have a drug test, health screening, background check & reference checks & was given a start date of July 24. The entire process took almost 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that something at work changed, tell me what it was & how you handled it? What did or didnt you like about it?   Answer Question

Hot Foods Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Okay let's break this down , so I applied for a hot foods cook June 28th , they got back to me July 5th and wanted to schedule an interview , but my interview wasn't until July 20th at 10am so that day comes around and no one calls , so I call the number they left in my email no one answers , so the next morning I call again someone picks up and says your interview will be at 1pm today , 1pm rolls around that day and still no phone interview and now no one will answer that phone or email me back . I always wanted to be apart of this company but this is unacceptable , and very unprofessional . If the lady that was suppose to interview me is sick or on vacation It would be really nice if someone informed me , and I'm also pretty sure there's someone else in that hospital that can interview me .

Cardiac Monitor Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was emailed directly by the manager of the department to come in for an in person interview. In person interview the following week with department manager and a technician. Interview was 90% skills background with less than three behavioral questions and then a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you disagreed with a coworker and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was not long, it was a group interview they asked alot of questions and you a=were able to ask questions as well, the described the position how much you will be getting paid and what kind of environment you will be working in

Interview Questions

• How well do you work well with other co-workers   1 Answer

Consierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

If memory serves me correctly: Notified by e-mail of phone screen, phone screen and then called in for a face to fact interview with a panel of two people. I was asked what I consider the standard question's that were crafted to explore certain area's of my business and personal profile

Interview Questions

• Behavior type questions, About Myself, Strengths and Weaknesses, Questions about why I wanted to leave my current job, Qualifications, Company Culture Questions, Work History   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC in May 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview and was told immediately that I would have an additional interview in person. Two weeks later (after I followed up with my interviewer) I was scheduled for the face to face interview. One week later I went to the unit which had a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere. I was asked to schedule a shadow experience after the discussion. I chose to bring scrubs with me in order to shadow on the same day. After shadowing, they suggested I wait two to three weeks before expecting an answer. Two weeks from then, I was offered the position as is. No negotiations, even though the pay rate was lower than posted on the original position application.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for UPMC?   Answer Question
    • What does your current position require of you?   Answer Question
    • Why should we offer you a position within UPMC?   Answer Question
    • If you have a problem with another staff, how do you handle it?   Answer Question
    • If you witness a break of protocol or procedure by another staff, how do you resolve it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Initial telephone interview went well and immediately told would have face to face. Brought onsite for interviews with leadership. Half of the interviews were very awkward. One openly criticized the "boss", another complained about their job and was very flustered and negative. Unprofessional environment and it was clear the leadership group did not function in a team approach. (So I knew immediately this wasn't the right fit for me). Felt like one person was trying to ask me questions specifically to challenge me, but not in a positive way. For a leadership role with extensive interview investment, I found it unprofessional that UPMC does not send out a formal regret for candidates put thru the selection process who were no longer being considered. I expected professionalism from this academic center and it wasn't there.

Interview Questions

• Difference between leadership and management; tell me about the steps you talk to solve a problem; a few people were condescending in how they posed their questions during the interviews.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Applied in early January. Was contacted for a phone interview within a few days and scheduled for it a week later. After phone interview I was asked to compete a 90 minute online assessment. Was contacted the next day and set up an in-person interview for the end of January. I talked to three different people at the in-person interview and was told I would hear something within two weeks. I thought every step of the process went well but I received a rejection email a month later.