UPMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Nursing Assistant/Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview went great. I had a shadowing a day after the interview. I emailed the Unit director to tell her I am interested in the position, but still waiting to hear back from the HR dept

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to use your skills to complete a difficult case?   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UPMC in July 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was about three months. I submitted my application in April, got a call back in June for a phone interview, and eventually interviewed right after the 4th of July. I started working there in August. There were three interviews, but thankfully they were all in the same day, and they made their decision within 2 weeks of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Memorize all those Excel functions you learned in your freshman year of college computer science class.   Answer Question

Negotiation

UPMC really does not budge on salary negotiations. I thought it was about 7-10k lower than I thought it would be, but ended up negotiating for an additional $1000 from the offer.

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mars, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Mars, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

phone interview, interview at corporate , interview with senior manager. With weeks in between the process, Then having to attend orientation which is a total waste and training in Pittsburgh in which you are not paid mileage and or parking.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a difficult co worker   1 Answer

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I went into the room, the woman who was interviewing me was scattered and didn't have my resume. I printed it out off of her computer. The room was a mess, but she didn't seem to mind. It was a cramped room and i sat in a chair next to her desk where she was looking at email as she interviewed me. She was very closed off until I tried to ask about her own life and then she opened up a bit.

Interview Questions

• She asked very generic questions like "name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person" or "what would you do if you were running late for work" or "tell me a time when you had to rely on teamwork to get something done."   1 Answer

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pitts, PA).

Interview

The interview process was very long!!! First is a phone interview than there is a face to face interview with the manager for the position you apply for. Took a total of 2 or 3 months before they offered me the job

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you handle a dissatisfied customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online. Took three months to hear anything. Passed intial phone interview but did not get the job. Went into a group interview where we got a tour of one of the possible units we could be chosen for.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was first given a phone interview with HR and then was brought into the unit I applied to for an interview with the unit director. Straightforward! After I was given an offer I had to do training which was, let's be honest pretty boring but that's how it goes.

Interview Questions

• The questions were your typical interview questions: Tell me about a time you were a leader, had a conflict at work, showed initiative, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Apply online at UPMC website
    Phone Interview with future boss
    Online Questionnaire about myself and future workplace setting
    In person interview with future boss
    Hire Date was spoken over the phone then confirmed via e-mail
    Get background check, drug test, blood work, health screening
    Start orientation at the hospital where I was working (one week duration)

Interview Questions

• Specific scenarios/problems I would face at work and how I would handle the situation.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Easy. Applied online and was called a few days later. Unit director asked me to shadow someone after interview. Then I was called by HR about a week later about a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you collaborated with others to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Patient Information Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with general availability questions and customer service phone screen too about 15 minutes.. Face to face with interviewer took about 20 minutes. Lots of situational questions. Pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Patient Information Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied for the job Monday July 10, did my phone interview Thursday July 13th. I was asked at the end of the phone interview to come in for a face-to-face interview. The phone interviews questions were just about my previous experience & availability. My face to face interview was scheduled for Wednesday July 19th. I interviewed with the department manager. She asked me a couple standard interview questions, tell me about a time when this happened. The following day, i received my offer email & someone from recruiting with an offer. He said that within a few days I'd be getting another email on how to access my onboarding portal, it took a little longer than normal to receive though. Once I did that, I scheduled my Pre employment screening, did a background check, drug test & I have to get cpr certified. My official start date will be Monday August 14th.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question