UPMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.5

Medical Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Informal, low stress. Applied through ERAS and had a response in one month. They do not pay for hotel or travel.
    Typical EM interview day. The best part of the trip is being with the EM residents at the dinner the night before.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in Pittsburgh?   1 Answer

Social Worker Bsw Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. All the questions were behavioral / situational questions. Such as , tell me about a time you went above and beyond. Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation. I then received a phone call from the hospital HR department scheduling a face-to-face interview. The face to face interview was more of a conversation. Explained about the position and gave me and opportunity to ask questions. Only maybe two behavioral questions.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Interview was for a finance internship. Applied online in August, and had the interview 1 month later. One way video interview that lasted about 15 minutes and included 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on a deserted island what 2 items would you take?   Answer Question
    • What Microsoft Excel skills do you possess?   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPMC in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email invitation for a phone interview 3 days later. Scheduled the next available appointment. Received an email confirmation including the name of the person, who would contact me. Two days later an additional email reminder was send to me before the interview. I looked forward to the opportunity but the call never happened. I was left waiting. No one ever called or emailed me to reschedule or to tell me that the position was filled. I called them several times but was send to leave a voice message every time. I also emailed them but neither my calls nor my emails were ever answered. It was a very frustrating experience, especially with the call center being unable to connect me and consistently sending me to an answering machine. Hopefully, I was just unlucky and other candidates have better experiences because regardless of how busy someone gets, I think it's just plain rude not to cancel a confirmed appointment.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. I was initially contacted and scheduled but never called for the interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Interview

I applied online. The next week I received a call to set up a phone interview, which we had set for 2 days later. The phone interview day came around and I received no call, so that night I called the interviewee and left a message that I never received my phone interview. The next morning she called and apologized up and down for missing it, she had gotten sick. It happens. So we scheduled it for the next day. Did the phone interview and then had to do an assessment test as the next part of the process. Did that 2 days after the phone interview. Then another 2 days passed and I received a call for a face to face interview, that was set for about a week later. The face to face interview went really well, I was interviewed by 4 different people, one at a time. There was only one other person who had an interview at roughly the same time as me but she was actually late. She was interviewed first and it lasted about a half hour. Mine lasted about an hour. I got the call the following Monday with the job offer. I'm currently in the process now of completing the background check and health assessment test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me all situational questions like: Describe a time where you had to multitask, how did you handle it, and what was the end result?
      Stuff like that.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and did a recorded interview. I found this kind of odd talking to a computer and just recording myself and think I would've done better talking to a real person. There were seven questions, you have 30 seconds to read the question then about 1-2 minutes to record your answer. You have one chance for each answer and cannot re-record.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on a desert island what two things would you want to have in your backpack?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in supply chain? Why are you interested in working in healthcare and specifically supply chain healthcare? Why for UPMC?   Answer Question
    • If we called your best friend and asked them what your top 2 strengths and top 2 weaknesses are, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What do you hope to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

Food Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Penn Hills, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Penn Hills, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked basic questions off of a standard sheet, asked about myself, and then toured the facility. Then did closing thoughts and info about benefits and opportunities. The interview asked relatively easy interview questions. I liked touring the facility and she asked if it was what I expected. She described future plans for the building and I liked that she wanted to get me in their and trained so I could help with the whole process .

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you regretted and one you were proud of?   1 Answer

Finance Management Rotation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Super friendly. I had an interview with one of the current FMRs first. Then I went into the interview with HR and management. There were five interviewers who asked mostly stuff about my resume. Be yourself!

Product Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview went silly with silly jokes made by panel members . Prepare to hear Disgusting jokes from panel. Get ready with all the subject to teach them. Very uncomfortable to talk with the panel members.

Interview Questions

• The panel members are very poor in knowledge , they asked silly doubts when I mentioned poker meeting as part of agile, one member asked saying is that the word give by you guys , I did not know what to tell and felt how they hired that member without knowing terms from Agile and these people are even working in Agile environment.They even made silly jokes about my hobbies when I answers that I like to watch movies. These people don't even have maturity that hobbies are some ones personal choice. Over all Disgusting Interview.   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Most sarcastic interview. The interviewers made jokes of the subject because of their lack of knowledge on the subject. One lady interviewer asked to give me lecture about the methodologies... Ohh GOD , how their joined her in UPMC ... so disgusting to take interview with that group.

Interview Questions

• Do you play cars in u r company, what kind of movies you like   Answer Question