UPMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Nursing Assistant/Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview went great. I had a shadowing a day after the interview. I emailed the Unit director to tell her I am interested in the position, but still waiting to hear back from the HR dept

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to use your skills to complete a difficult case?   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UPMC in July 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was about three months. I submitted my application in April, got a call back in June for a phone interview, and eventually interviewed right after the 4th of July. I started working there in August. There were three interviews, but thankfully they were all in the same day, and they made their decision within 2 weeks of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Memorize all those Excel functions you learned in your freshman year of college computer science class.   Answer Question

Negotiation

UPMC really does not budge on salary negotiations. I thought it was about 7-10k lower than I thought it would be, but ended up negotiating for an additional $1000 from the offer.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Altoona, PA) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Took a couple weeks for them to call. The manager from the office (Altoona, PA) called and set up an interview for the following week in the office. She was very nice. We sat in a conference room and talked for about 45 minutes then she showed me around the office and introduced me to everyone. I got an offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker. How’s you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

There was a phone interview and an in person interview. Very easy, just assessing whether you're pleasant and mildly intelligent. Worst job on the planet EVER. If you get an offer, run.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time you were late for work.   1 Answer

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mars, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Mars, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

phone interview, interview at corporate , interview with senior manager. With weeks in between the process, Then having to attend orientation which is a total waste and training in Pittsburgh in which you are not paid mileage and or parking.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a difficult co worker   1 Answer

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I went into the room, the woman who was interviewing me was scattered and didn't have my resume. I printed it out off of her computer. The room was a mess, but she didn't seem to mind. It was a cramped room and i sat in a chair next to her desk where she was looking at email as she interviewed me. She was very closed off until I tried to ask about her own life and then she opened up a bit.

Interview Questions

• She asked very generic questions like "name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person" or "what would you do if you were running late for work" or "tell me a time when you had to rely on teamwork to get something done."   1 Answer

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pitts, PA).

Interview

The interview process was very long!!! First is a phone interview than there is a face to face interview with the manager for the position you apply for. Took a total of 2 or 3 months before they offered me the job

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you handle a dissatisfied customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farrell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UPMC (Farrell, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I waited two months to receive an email invitation for a phone interview. The interviewer liked me and offered me a face-to-face interview. He told me to bring scrubs to shadow. The interview was very impersonal. She did not ask me anything about myself or my values; just situational questions read off the computer. She did not ask me to shadow and told me I would receive a call about an offer or lack thereof. I received no such call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did the right thing.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time a patient's request went against company policy.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Easy. Applied online and was called a few days later. Unit director asked me to shadow someone after interview. Then I was called by HR about a week later about a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you collaborated with others to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online. Took three months to hear anything. Passed intial phone interview but did not get the job. Went into a group interview where we got a tour of one of the possible units we could be chosen for.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was first given a phone interview with HR and then was brought into the unit I applied to for an interview with the unit director. Straightforward! After I was given an offer I had to do training which was, let's be honest pretty boring but that's how it goes.

Interview Questions

• The questions were your typical interview questions: Tell me about a time you were a leader, had a conflict at work, showed initiative, etc.   1 Answer