UPMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Nursing Assistant/Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview went great. I had a shadowing a day after the interview. I emailed the Unit director to tell her I am interested in the position, but still waiting to hear back from the HR dept

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to use your skills to complete a difficult case?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

First I had a video screen where I had to talk about my accomplishments in addition to some more general "name a time when you..." questions. Then, I had a video interview that was part coding and part behavioral. The coding part was pretty easy: it involved writing some simple code and answering some sophomore-level conceptual questions. The behavioral part consisted of the interviewer asking me to describe some projects I'd worked on and situations I was in. It was a very nice process, low-stress.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you've worked on and what you learned.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online. Within a couple of weeks I got an email for an interview onsite. Met managers and asked behavioral questions and a coding question. I applied online. Within a couple of weeks I got an email for an interview onsite. Met managers and asked behavioral questions and a coding question.

Research Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Contacted me two days after I submitted my application. Didn't let me know until two months later that I was rejected. Even during those two months I had contacted the interviewer about updates and would not give me any answers regarding my application. The website did not change either in terms of the status and was only updated to the same "application submitted" status which was extremely infuriating. Extremely disappointed.

Intern Interview

Interview

I got a video interview and had to take it within 3 days. I submitted the interview and they never got back to me. I had to reach out and find out if I got the position.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Entire process took over a year actually which is pretty comical. Was about to get an offer when I was told finding was on hold. They called back 5 months later with offer. I only took it for educational benefits, but ultimately I found the salary to be too low and found employment elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into research?
      General conflict resolution type question.
      Strengths and weakness question.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

There was a phone interview and an in person interview. Very easy, just assessing whether you're pleasant and mildly intelligent. Worst job on the planet EVER. If you get an offer, run.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time you were late for work.   1 Answer

Geriatric Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

responded to advertisement. Schedule for interview by administrative assistant about two weeks later. One on one interview with supervisor. Comfortable conference room setting. Easy to find building and parking

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Temporary Onboarding Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

I was completely overqualified for the position. I was excited about working for UPMC, but was told my eagerness was an issue. They were looking for someone more humble. I was completely taken off guard by this comment. I was just excited about the job, but apparently that is a bad thing when you are interviewing at UPMC. Also, they completely misunderstood my situation, and accused me of being disengaged because I didn't ask enough questions in my second interview, but the structure of the second interview (a job shadow) was kind of unusual and threw me off guard. The computer system they showed me and the process was all very straightforward and I didn't feel the need to ask a lot of questions because it's not a hard concept to grasp. She also accused me of rushing the hiring process because I mentioned that I did not have to give a 2 weeks notice from my current job. She didn't bother to ask me why and address her concerns. I just do not recommend working with this department. They dismissed my application for completely trivial and stupid reasons. I had a perfectly fine explanation for every issue she perceived with my candidacy, and I was basically LIED to in my interview because I asked my interviewer in both interviews if there was anything about my application or interview that she had concerns about so that I could address them and she told me that she had no concerns. SO DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

Interview Questions

• They ask you a question about everyone of their "values" and ask for an example of how you have exemplify each of the values.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Easy. Applied online and was called a few days later. Unit director asked me to shadow someone after interview. Then I was called by HR about a week later about a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you collaborated with others to achieve a goal?   Answer Question