UPMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

UPMC Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Easy. Applied online and was called a few days later. Unit director asked me to shadow someone after interview. Then I was called by HR about a week later about a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you collaborated with others to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

ACABS Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Briefly meet with floor managers. I was asked typical interview questions. After initial interview was invited back for second day long (8 hours) interview. This is a shadow day interview.

Creative Arts Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

I didn't get an interview. The application didn't get to that level. It was rejected before even being considered. Furthermore, they rejectected the application with less than one hour review time, which makes me think that they didn't even consider my qualifications at all. I have experience voulunteering in music therapy, and am a professional musician. Those are skills that matched some of the prerequisites of the job. I also have a B.A.

RN Neuro Stroke Atloona Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPMC (Altoona, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

casual and relaxed, the unit clinicians really made you feel like you were at home and shows you around the unit to give you the feel for everything. very informative. I got offered 2 jobs and chose neuro stroke because both of the clinicians were way more professional than the other floor.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for UPMC   1 Answer
    • tell me a time when you had to think quickly on your feet   Answer Question
    • tell me about yourself, you work experience and why you decided to pursue a career as an RN   Answer Question
    • why did you apply for this position   Answer Question
    • what are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • tell me a time when you had to work really hard   Answer Question
    • if you finished your work early what would you do for the rest of your shift   1 Answer

Interview

it took a long time for me to hear back from anyone (about 2-3 months) I applied before I graduated luckily but once I did it went pretty quickly with good communication

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

Completed an online application. I then received a phone call one week later to set up interview the following week. For the interview I met with two supervisors and went through an hour worth of questions. I then had a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn directly by the hiring manager. We had a conversation over the phone and I decided to apply online. I then had a formal phone screening a week later by the same hiring manager. I was invited to come to Pittsburgh for an all day interview.
    After a long morning of interviews (with roughly 7 individuals), I had to perform two writing assignments onsite. I was there from approximately 9:15 - 5:15. As part of the process, I also had to do an additional writing assignment at home. I had to return the assignment the same day it was assigned.
    I basically used a vacation day to drive 5 hours each way for this interview, ate lunch by myself in the cafeteria, and did a bunch of mind numbing writing for a job I wasn't even offered. Total waste of time and energy. After all the time and effort I put into this interview process, the icing on the cake is that the hiring manager, who I had spoken to multiple times at length throughout this process, couldn't even reach out to personally let me know that I wasn't being selected for the position. Instead I get a note from a recruiter, with whom I have had no prior contact with, to inform me of this outcome (and this is only after I sent a follow-up note to the hiring manager asking if a decision had been made). Totally unprofessional if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge at work you've had to overcome and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had an in person interview and then a phone interview since the other team members weren't present for the initial in person interview. They were nice and it was a fairly decent interviewing process.

Nurse Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Lengthy interview process. It took about a month between interviewing and negotiating salary to close the deal. Because it's a big Corporation there are many stages and a lot of people involved in the interview process. Don't expect an offer after the first interview. There are also background checks which take time and salary negotiations which go back and forth.

Medical Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Informal, low stress. Applied through ERAS and had a response in one month. They do not pay for hotel or travel.
    Typical EM interview day. The best part of the trip is being with the EM residents at the dinner the night before.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in Pittsburgh?   1 Answer