UPMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Initial telephone interview went well and immediately told would have face to face. Brought onsite for interviews with leadership. Half of the interviews were very awkward. One openly criticized the "boss", another complained about their job and was very flustered and negative. Unprofessional environment and it was clear the leadership group did not function in a team approach. (So I knew immediately this wasn't the right fit for me). Felt like one person was trying to ask me questions specifically to challenge me, but not in a positive way. For a leadership role with extensive interview investment, I found it unprofessional that UPMC does not send out a formal regret for candidates put thru the selection process who were no longer being considered. I expected professionalism from this academic center and it wasn't there.

Interview Questions

• Difference between leadership and management; tell me about the steps you talk to solve a problem; a few people were condescending in how they posed their questions during the interviews.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Applied in early January. Was contacted for a phone interview within a few days and scheduled for it a week later. After phone interview I was asked to compete a 90 minute online assessment. Was contacted the next day and set up an in-person interview for the end of January. I talked to three different people at the in-person interview and was told I would hear something within two weeks. I thought every step of the process went well but I received a rejection email a month later.

Senior Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

2 LONG phone interviews, 3 face-to-face interviews, 14 hours of timed tests (I kid you not). HR was absolutely useless. In the office 6 hours, wasn't even offered a glass of water or a bathroom break.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a problem you encountered that resulted in failure.   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Half hour campus interview with one of the managers, followed by a 3-4 hour on-site interview with the whole team. Had one-on-one time with all managers and the chief actuary, as well as interviews with 2-3 other analysts at a time.

Social Worker Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC in March 2017.

Interview

I applied, my status was changed to "In consideration" online the next day. 25 days later it changes to "Not in consideration" so i don't think I have a chance. A half hour after seeing that I am no longer being considered for the job, I get a call for an interview (please note the job had been posted since late December and I applied late February). When I go in to the interview I am blown away with how unfit I am for the position and how inaccurate the job posting was. They were seeking qualifications, certifications and experience for the actual position that was nowhere on the job posting or my resume and application. I am stumped on how I even got an interview and how misleading the job posting was. What a mess, and a complete waste of time. It's unfortunate. If the posting had indeed been accurate, I would have been a top candidate for and excelled in that position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; questions about therapeutic approaches; why should I hire you   Answer Question

Patient Information Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with general availability questions and customer service phone screen too about 15 minutes.. Face to face with interviewer took about 20 minutes. Lots of situational questions. Pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Therapeutic Staff Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Met with the director of the wraparound program and discussed my qualifications as well as the fact that the program was relatively new and getting up and running a bit too quickly.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC in February 2017.

Interview

Really friendly, easy-going phone interview with VP of operations. Asked very general, standard behavioral questions. Things like: "tell me about yourself, what do expect to get out of the program, strengths/weaknesses"

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Once i applied for the job in UPMC, I received a phone call and they called me for face to face.
    I had interview with three people.One was manager and other two where Team leads. they tested how I was talking and my behavioral. they mostly was concerned about the behavioral.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online. Took three months to hear anything. Passed intial phone interview but did not get the job. Went into a group interview where we got a tour of one of the possible units we could be chosen for.