UPMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPMC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.6

Intern Interview

Interview

I got a video interview and had to take it within 3 days. I submitted the interview and they never got back to me. I had to reach out and find out if I got the position.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Entire process took over a year actually which is pretty comical. Was about to get an offer when I was told finding was on hold. They called back 5 months later with offer. I only took it for educational benefits, but ultimately I found the salary to be too low and found employment elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into research?
      General conflict resolution type question.
      Strengths and weakness question.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Contacted me two days after applying, set up a face to face interview. After interview I haven't heard anything since. Job application portal doesn't say whether I am in consideration or not in consideration. It's been almost three weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

There was a phone interview and an in person interview. Very easy, just assessing whether you're pleasant and mildly intelligent. Worst job on the planet EVER. If you get an offer, run.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time you were late for work.   1 Answer

Geriatric Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

responded to advertisement. Schedule for interview by administrative assistant about two weeks later. One on one interview with supervisor. Comfortable conference room setting. Easy to find building and parking

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Temporary Onboarding Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

I was completely overqualified for the position. I was excited about working for UPMC, but was told my eagerness was an issue. They were looking for someone more humble. I was completely taken off guard by this comment. I was just excited about the job, but apparently that is a bad thing when you are interviewing at UPMC. Also, they completely misunderstood my situation, and accused me of being disengaged because I didn't ask enough questions in my second interview, but the structure of the second interview (a job shadow) was kind of unusual and threw me off guard. The computer system they showed me and the process was all very straightforward and I didn't feel the need to ask a lot of questions because it's not a hard concept to grasp. She also accused me of rushing the hiring process because I mentioned that I did not have to give a 2 weeks notice from my current job. She didn't bother to ask me why and address her concerns. I just do not recommend working with this department. They dismissed my application for completely trivial and stupid reasons. I had a perfectly fine explanation for every issue she perceived with my candidacy, and I was basically LIED to in my interview because I asked my interviewer in both interviews if there was anything about my application or interview that she had concerns about so that I could address them and she told me that she had no concerns. SO DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

Interview Questions

• They ask you a question about everyone of their "values" and ask for an example of how you have exemplify each of the values.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Easy. Applied online and was called a few days later. Unit director asked me to shadow someone after interview. Then I was called by HR about a week later about a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you collaborated with others to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

ACABS Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Briefly meet with floor managers. I was asked typical interview questions. After initial interview was invited back for second day long (8 hours) interview. This is a shadow day interview.

Creative Arts Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

I didn't get an interview. The application didn't get to that level. It was rejected before even being considered. Furthermore, they rejectected the application with less than one hour review time, which makes me think that they didn't even consider my qualifications at all. I have experience voulunteering in music therapy, and am a professional musician. Those are skills that matched some of the prerequisites of the job. I also have a B.A.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was not hired I just applied for an internship and I sent a video interview. The process took ages and ages to come to an end. They are an employer that takes you into consideration for ages and at the end comes with a rejection answer. This is not being correct with people. At least they should take the time to say sorry but we don't want you, in the same way, I took the time to fill pages and pages of their requirements. I will never apply for them again and hope all the people that had the same experience will not in the future.

Interview Questions

• If you were in a desert isle what are three things that you would like to have with you?   Answer Question