UPMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPMC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.6

Interview

The interview process was not long, it was a group interview they asked alot of questions and you a=were able to ask questions as well, the described the position how much you will be getting paid and what kind of environment you will be working in

Interview Questions

• How well do you work well with other co-workers   1 Answer

Consierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

If memory serves me correctly: Notified by e-mail of phone screen, phone screen and then called in for a face to fact interview with a panel of two people. I was asked what I consider the standard question's that were crafted to explore certain area's of my business and personal profile

Interview Questions

• Behavior type questions, About Myself, Strengths and Weaknesses, Questions about why I wanted to leave my current job, Qualifications, Company Culture Questions, Work History   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC in May 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview and was told immediately that I would have an additional interview in person. Two weeks later (after I followed up with my interviewer) I was scheduled for the face to face interview. One week later I went to the unit which had a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere. I was asked to schedule a shadow experience after the discussion. I chose to bring scrubs with me in order to shadow on the same day. After shadowing, they suggested I wait two to three weeks before expecting an answer. Two weeks from then, I was offered the position as is. No negotiations, even though the pay rate was lower than posted on the original position application.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for UPMC?   Answer Question
    • What does your current position require of you?   Answer Question
    • Why should we offer you a position within UPMC?   Answer Question
    • If you have a problem with another staff, how do you handle it?   Answer Question
    • If you witness a break of protocol or procedure by another staff, how do you resolve it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Initial telephone interview went well and immediately told would have face to face. Brought onsite for interviews with leadership. Half of the interviews were very awkward. One openly criticized the "boss", another complained about their job and was very flustered and negative. Unprofessional environment and it was clear the leadership group did not function in a team approach. (So I knew immediately this wasn't the right fit for me). Felt like one person was trying to ask me questions specifically to challenge me, but not in a positive way. For a leadership role with extensive interview investment, I found it unprofessional that UPMC does not send out a formal regret for candidates put thru the selection process who were no longer being considered. I expected professionalism from this academic center and it wasn't there.

Interview Questions

• Difference between leadership and management; tell me about the steps you talk to solve a problem; a few people were condescending in how they posed their questions during the interviews.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Applied in early January. Was contacted for a phone interview within a few days and scheduled for it a week later. After phone interview I was asked to compete a 90 minute online assessment. Was contacted the next day and set up an in-person interview for the end of January. I talked to three different people at the in-person interview and was told I would hear something within two weeks. I thought every step of the process went well but I received a rejection email a month later.

Senior Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

2 LONG phone interviews, 3 face-to-face interviews, 14 hours of timed tests (I kid you not). HR was absolutely useless. In the office 6 hours, wasn't even offered a glass of water or a bathroom break.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a problem you encountered that resulted in failure.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview took about 35 minutes, all of the members in the interview panel were very personable people. They asked a lot of questions in a rotating fashion about my interest in the field and what all I knew about it.

Patient Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Altoona, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

You have to go through a phone interview first which took me about 30 mins. Then you get called if you did well for a on the site interview. Took about 45 mins. If that goes well usually within a week you get a call for a job offer then it takes about a month to get started.

Patient Information Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with general availability questions and customer service phone screen too about 15 minutes.. Face to face with interviewer took about 20 minutes. Lots of situational questions. Pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Half hour campus interview with one of the managers, followed by a 3-4 hour on-site interview with the whole team. Had one-on-one time with all managers and the chief actuary, as well as interviews with 2-3 other analysts at a time.