USLI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USLI Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

Sales Enhancement Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USLI.

Interview

The hiring process was average and required a bit of research, like any other job interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USLI (Mission Viejo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very friendly people, but many steps. They called me back for 2 interviews, with a total of 5 people. 2 in-person interviews, 3 via webcam in a conference room with people located in their corporate HQ

Interview Questions

• "Everybody says they work hard, what makes you different?"   1 Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USLI.

Interview

I applied online and was sent a message that I could not be hired due to being a customer of there's. I understand that there are polices that companies have but you should disclose them and not waste time for people looking for jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USLI (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Very lengthy interview. I had a skype interview along with a person in the room interviewing me. Afterwards, I was guided towards the manager’s office that was not in the conference room with us but said, “I wasn’t in there so I”ll just ask you pretty much the same questions.” Which seemed to be a waste of my time. Why not do it all together? Basic interview questions. However, I felt like USLI was more interested in my company that I worked for rather than my skill set. They asked questions like “what is your company’s yearly revenue?” “How many agents does your company have?” “What is your relationship with your boss.” I said it was a "good relationship" and they came back with “If its so good does he know your here? After talking about how I got into the insurance industry, I was called weird multiple times. The test given at the end was long and I felt had nothing to do with the position I was applying for.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Very lengthy process. If you're interviewing for a position in a branch office, expect to make multiple trips to the branch for interview by web cam with home office managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you were put into a position that was legally correct but morally wrong?   Answer Question

Policy Issuer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USLI.

Interview

First was a phone interview where they ask you to describe yourself and your experience. Then they will call you to set up a in person interview. There was three different interviews, with a different person each time. For the most part they made sure to make the interview feel like a conversation, not just answering their rapid fire questions. Then you take a test after the interviews that is basically a skills test focused on math, reading, and logic. They said the next step would be anther interview with a personality test. The in person interview is pretty long, can be about a 3 hour experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to go up and above for a customer?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at USLI.

Interview

Reached out and heard back fairly quickly. After a brief phone screen, you attended an interview at their main office. From there you were interviewed by two different staff members. They asked behavioral questions,basic insurance and financial questions, and the company as a whole. After that, they administered an exam that was roughly 35-40 questions. Similar to SAT type questions including Math and writing.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Insurance industry and what USLI does as a company?   Answer Question

Commercial Lines Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at USLI in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, four in person interviews. They kept bringing me in for interviews with more and more people and then declined to give me an offer due to my commute which is about an hour. The process was somewhat disorganized as interviewers were being substituted for each other and the secretary accidentally sent me personality tests for other interview candidates. I wish they would've given me better feedback for why I did not get an offer rather than blame my commute which I was willing to do and is normal for the area. I ended up taking a position with a larger competitor which is literally right next-door to their office . I feel that if my commute was an issue they should not have kept bringing me in for a total of five rounds of interviews. The process was long, I started in September and it was not over until January 2016.

Interview Questions

• How was your commute coming into work?   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USLI.

Interview

Lengthy and repetitive. Three different groups of people, had to answer same questions 3 times. Why not do it together? It wasn't even clear if I was actually being interviewed for the position for which I applied. Definitely got the impression from walking around the building that there is a factual stereotype of employees. Not much diversity. Decided I did not want to be part of this culture.

Interview Questions

• How much did I research the company/What have I heard about the company? (Impression being that they wanted to be stroked more than they wanted to talk about my skills or qualifications)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at USLI (Wayne, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied at the USLI website and the process took 2 days. The first interview was the phone interview and after that, I was brought into face to face interview. You get interviewed from two managers and after the interview, you pretty much take what some people here said watered down SAT "assessment test." It covers spelling, grammar, reading, writing, math, logic, sequencing, etc. They seem easy, but it can be bit tricky or difficult if you have trouble understand grammar, word problems which was the case for me. They said it was basically testing for common sense, so after not hearing back anything from them, it shows that I guess I didn't do too well. My tip for intern is: brush up on grammar skills, word problems, reading comprehension, and some basic math skills if you want to do well on assessment test. Ask lot of questions after interview as well.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself?
      - How did you hear about us?
      - Why did you choose your college?
      - Where do you see yourself in future?
      - What are your strength and weaknesses?
      - Asked about my past job history.
      - What do you hope to get out from this internship?
      Answer Question