UTC Aerospace Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UTC Aerospace Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at UTC Aerospace Systems

2.7

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UTC Aerospace Systems in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was interesting as they sent an email asking to pick a time slot for a phone interview. After I selected my time, the recruiter contacted me for the phone interview and it was approximately a 30 minute phone interview that was very detailed. They explained they would contact if interested through phone or email. The following week I was contacted for face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UTC Aerospace Systems (Fairfield, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

On-site one-on-one interview with supervisor of department lasting almost an hour. It included typical behavioral questions along with why I was interested in the job, describe past work experience and how it applied to the position being applied for... etc.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a difficult situation that you were in and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Interview

Phone interview, panel interview, one- on-one interview, offer, acceptance

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTC Aerospace Systems (Westford, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Four individuals interviewed me over the course of two hours. 1 Manager, 1 Director, 1 Human Resource Employee, & 1 Senior Buyer. Questions were relatively easy and similar to every interview I had done in the past. It was apparent that the manager and buyer had spoken about me prior to my interview process, making it easier for me to be myself. I think that the interview was relatively easy. Being that it was my first interview for a large corporation, it was nice to see how everyone was involved in the process and comforting to see that one person did not have the ability to make or break my chances.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UTC Aerospace Systems (Riverside, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. Initially contacted by HR rep that doesn't even work at the same location, basic screening about my skill and resume. Then contacted by the HR to schedule on-site interview with hiring manager, site HR rep, ME, and QE. The interview is straight forward, they basically go around and ask question according to the paper in their hand. A lot of behavior question as well as What if question.

Interview Questions

• What is my favorite and least favorite class in college.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTC Aerospace Systems (Riverside, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I first performed a phone interview that asked basic questions in regards to how my qualifications fit with the position. I then conducted a 4 on 1 interview that asked more in depth questions on what experience I had with manufacturing engineering and to see what sort of manufacturing obstacles I've overcome.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with tool or manufacturing engineering processes in a professional or educational environment?   Answer Question

Associate Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UTC Aerospace Systems.

Interview

Applied at a Job Fair. At first I got an email declining me an interview. But a few days later I got a call for an interview. The questions were mostly about my experience and behaviorial questions. I am currently waiting on a reply. Hopefully i get the job!

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a conflict with a coworker?   1 Answer

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UTC Aerospace Systems (Rockford, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Don't bother wasting your time applying to this company unless you've gone through their Co-op/Internship program or have previously worked for them in some capacity. They will only consider candidates from within.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UTC Aerospace Systems.

Interview

Half day interview process consisting of six 30-minute interviews (5 with program managers, 1 with HR), and an hour-long lunch with the department manager. Every interview was in a different office/conference room, so there was a bit of chaos in moving to each location on time, and one interview was mis-communicated and I waited 10 minutes before calling the HR contact and going straight to the next interview. The mis-communicated interview was rescheduled for after lunch, which extended the interview process by 30 minutes.

The pros of doing five 30-minute interviews with program managers is that each interview was largely the same with approximately the same technical questions. I ended up talking a lot about my current job, and I feel like I improved upon my answer after each interview. The con would be that it may have sped things up if the five managers had interviewed me together, but it likely would have been more intimidating to be in a 5-on-1 situation. The HR meeting was more informational than interview-like. The one hour lunch meeting was also pleasant.

The interview schedule initially seemed very daunting, but the similarity of the 5 technical interviews resulted in a rather easy interview process overall.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Questions about current job and expectations for the new position. Technical questions related to tools and languages used in the current job and for the new position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTC Aerospace Systems in March 2012.

Interview

Very brief phone interview, I was out of the state and was not asked for an in person interview. There were no technical questions, only behavioral with some experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a team project you worked on and how it went.   1 Answer