Uber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Uber

3,363 Interview Reviews

2.9

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Had a phone screen with an engineer after sending in my resume through a professional club on my campus. Used a collaborative coding environment on a call with an engineer. Started off by asking me about my general experience and going through my resume. Did not move on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• A question similar to deletion distance algorithms problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was in Pittsburgh. After a phone interview with HR talking briefly about my background, I was scheduled an onsite interview. Both are tech interview and each takes 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• 3 Coding questions in the first round. Background knowledge in the second round.   1 Answer

Interview

Received a take-home assignment on how I would implement a new driver customer support system. Before getting feedback on the assignment Uber announced a hiring freeze, so the process ended there.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Coding challenge followed by Telephone interview.
    Interview process was satisfactory. Coding question was ambiguous given that it was OA using codility kind of interface .
    Suggestion: Jump on the simple one and try to finish asap . There was one which was pretty difficult.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given a string of a's and b's return if all a's occur before all b's .
      Example:
      --> aabb return true
      --> a return true
      --> b return true
      --> aaba return false
      --> abab return false   1 Answer
    • 2. We are given a list of alpha numeic Events and we need to check if it is sorted or not ?
      An event can either contain a letter (alpha), an hyphen '-' (should be considered as alpha and not negative) or a number.

All the alpha(including '-') should be sorted before number.
      Two alpha should be sorted in natural order
      Series of numbers should be collected and compared like abc123 and abc456 is in sorted order because 123 < 456
      If two numbers are same value, one with smaller length should be sorted first.
      Ensure handle number correctly like abc122axy99z have two numbers 122 and 99. Also number can be padded wuth zeroes. if two numbers are same value, one with smaller length should be sorted first.

Example sorting order:

abc is sorted before 123
      123 is sorted before 456
      954 is sorted before 01234
      abz is sorted before axy

Test Input:
      ["abc123hij-k","abc123hij-k","abc456hij-k","abc954hij-k","abc01234hij-k","xyz123hij-k","x123hij-k","21030003020"]

Test Output:
      true   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Did an initial on-campus interview and a project. The in-person interview was fair, but the person who interviewed my project was not patient or tried to understand my process at all. I spent a fair amount of time in the project but didn't feel respected in return.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

2 rounds. First one is the technical interview where you talk with a senior data scientist and work through a case study together. If you pass this round, you have an interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• We walked through my resume. We discussed my last project in detail, he asked me a lot of "to the point" questions.
      It was a position at UberEats, he asked me if I used the app before.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

First round of HR interview. HR was very nice and transparent in the entire interviewing process. She went through the salary and compensation for the position and told me that it is basically set and doesn't have much flexibility ,

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Phone interview then followed up with an assignment with respect to Financials. Assigned was about reporting profit loss at city level. Then on-site interview 4 rounds, each round is for one hour.

Interview Questions

• Explain payment process methodologies.   2 Answers

Product Operations Manager Interview

Interview

When is the recruiter's incompetence going to be accountable for their actions?? Recruiter Aparna ghosts 50% of my emails I sent. I completed the Analytics test which is 2 hours long and I've scored high on, only to be ghosted AGAIN. Two weeks later responds that people were already at the last round of interviews when I applied... Well why did she waste my time and make me take the test then? She later says there's another role and says if I was interested. I said I was and asked for next steps... GHOSTED. I sent her another email and she finally responds back with an interview lined up. The interview went well, and immediately I ask for the interviewer's email address. GHOSTED. What is up with this, incompetence all over the place and she's a principal recruiter too. Interviewing here is a waste of your time and effort. Know your value.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Simple resume walk thru and sql and analytics walk thru. Was recommended for Onsite and things went downhill from there. They forgot to schedule my Lunch Interview. Moreover Promo Code to take Uber for Onsite doesn't work so you end up shelling 100$ from your own pocket. Cleared Tech in 30 mins so had spare 30 mins also other interviews went fine other than experimentation. well! it was always my weak point but then Uber won't help you learn anything thats wat I learn from the interaction. Then they asked me to interview for an entry level role.

Interview Questions

• Well curated experimentation   1 Answer