Uber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2018
2,508 Interview Reviews

2.9

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uber in September 2016.

Interview

I sent an application. Received an email a couple of days after and the recruiter said they'll be conducting an online interview. The recruiter was very responsive to my questions. I would send an email and receive a response within 24 hours. Although in the end I did not receive an offer, I had a positive interview experience with Uber. I will try again next time.

Interview Questions

• The promotion I applied for doesn't seem to be reflected the trip I just made. Can you please tell me what happened here?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Applied online, went through 2 phone screens with HR, given an analytic test, brought in to meet the team on 2 separate occasions. Took a few weeks but finally got the job offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation, gave me right where I asked

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on their website. A couple days later, I received an email scheduling a phone interview. After a 30 minute phone interview, I received an email with 4 sections of problem sets from customer service to analytical thinking. After a couple follow-up emails from my end, I was notified about two weeks later that they were not moving forward with my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned form your experiences dealing with unhappy customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through the Jobs On Demand promotion and the whole process took 5+ weeks from start to finish.

After sending many "encouraging tweets" and creative instagram posts, I was given a creative assignment to showcase my skills. The assignment ranged from 3 idea proposals for Uber Promotions, to replying to angry tweets and emails, to using KPIs to analyze the expected cost of new promotions. The whole project spanned 15 pages of writing and it was encouraged to be completed over the weekend.

After this homework assignment, I was given a skype interview with a community manager. The interview was very short and the manager asked me to describe the creative assignment to him. I couldn't tell if he read it or not but I got comments about my ideas and how they meshed with the uber brand (think music, everyone at uber is a millennial.)

After this I was invited to an in person interview that was supposed to take 90 minutes. This interview was with the senior marketing manager and the head recruiter. In the email I was told to bring nothing and the interview with the recruiter lasted 50 minutes as she went over my resume and discussed company culture. Many times during this process it was emphasized that Uber employees work 60+ hours a week and they have very long days. I have to be ok with easily spending 10 hours a day including weekends and holidays in the office. There is remote working, but sick days and not showing up is very discouraged. I was also told that the first few months would be mostly responding to angry emails and tweets and eventually when the next round of new hires come in that I would transition into a marketing role.

The second person I talked to was the senior manager, who talked to me for 10 minutes. When we sat down she was confused that I did not have my resume even though I explained to her that the recruiter had it and took it with her. My only question then was "So why do you think you are qualified to work here?" and I tried to explain my previous positions to her as succinctly as possible.

There were no further questions after that and the interview ended half an hour early. I was still in shock as I left the office that I was told to not bring anything and the senior manager didn't even want to try to see why the recruiter thought I was a qualified candidate.

I wasn't given an offer at Uber and my comments on my interview focused on how the staff felt I didn't have the skillset to expand the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very good phone interview with young recruiter. Then there was the home work. You get an assignment e-mailed to you and you get 24 hours to respond. It was very complex and took me many, many hours to do a good job. A couple of weeks later I got an e-mail rejecting me, but I still think the process was a good one. It really gives you a clear idea of what they will ask you to do if hired, and they get to see how you work under pressure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY).

Interview

I was passed on through a reference and was contacted for a phone interview. The interview seemed to go well and I was sent a written assessment (about 3 pages long). I did the assessment and sent it back. Was contacted a few weeks later (after many emails from my end) and told they were not moving forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

After being invited to a "Get to know you" cocktail party to parse out candidates that they weren't interested in, I was asked to complete a handful of creative exercises. The exercises were fairly involved, and were determining my scope and understanding of marketing, client response, trouble ticket handling, and metric analysis. Though complex and detailed, they weren't anything too out of the ordinary.

After submitting the exercises, I was asked in for an interview. It lasted a little over two hours, and I met with multiple employees, including the city's GM.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too creative our out of the box. Probably something metric or statistic related.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uber (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

They first reached out to me a few days after applying online through their website. They then send you a creative exercise to work on. It takes time, so make sure you have time set aside to complete it. After I sent the exercise in, I was interviewed by another manager. Basic questions were asked about experience and they explained that Uber required 60+ hours commitment day and night.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to keep drivers and riders happy and treat both equally?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

Fast, interesting, and challenging. I was referred by a classmate who was an employee. I enjoyed every my phone screen as well as the creative homework assignment. The in person interview was very long but that has changed since I applied. The process was thorough and gave me some good insight into the work that I would be doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (Chicago, IL).

Interview

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. Skype interview was scheduled for 4pm. 4:30 rolls around and I sent my interviewer an e-mail. He thought it was at 5pm (doubled checked my past e-mails, no.).
    The interviewer seems disinterested in everything I said from the beginning. I tried to stay positive and excited to speak with him. But, to everything I said, he responded either, "cool" "hmmhm".