Uber Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
CEO

1,498 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You meet new people every trip while also giving you the chance to network (in 108 reviews)

• You have the ability to work whenever you want (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance isn't really "a thing" at Uber (in 190 reviews)

• You put wear and tear on your own vehicle (in 170 reviews)

"An amazing and inspiring place to work"

Current Employee - Operations and Logistics Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations and Logistics Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love being able to work around truly passionate people who are ready to change the world. The culture is great, free snacks and food is big plus. I had the opportunity to take ownership of projects within my first month

Cons

The hours are much longer than any other job I've worked in, but this is expected to change as we continue hiring more help

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I'm excited to see the company grow and mature and hope that we don't lose the strong culture we have now

Uber Response

Jan 6, 2016 – Careers Brand Lead

Great review, thank you!

"Uber Expert"

Former Employee - Expert in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Expert in Dallas, TX

I worked at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Uber is new modern company! The best job I've ever had. The atmosphere, the people, the management, the company, the partners! I love Uber! This was the first job I had where I woke up and wanted to go to work. It's a technology company not ride-share your given a MacBook Air laptop you clock in and out your phone, submit your own time cards, the kitchen is stocked and great! Need time off you got it! No is hardly ever said when it come to employees. I started when Uber Expert was contracted so we were all hired through temp services no benefits no uber credits no nothing! But all over the company we were heard and officially became Uber Employees the beginning of 2017! PTO, benefits, discounts, uber credits, oodles of appreciation from the company! I will never work for another company that isn't a Startup! I love Uber!

Cons

After 11 months at uber I was terminated from my position for breaking Network Data Policy by searching a celebrity! Was told via email and I texted my manager who had no knowledge of it and he confirmed and apologized. I cried, I was upset, I was hurt, I love Uber! The next day when the managers broke the news to my colleagues, they stated how "we fought for her to stay but it was so high up it was nothing we could do to save her" (I searched Beyonce Knowles, spelled wrongly I might add, and was fired for it. Did nothing but search the name with incorrect spelling and was fired) I sent countless emails to as many higher ups I could find with my personal email and they all went undelivered, I sent them all again with my Uber email address and they all went through. Shortly after my emails were sent ALL UBER ACCESS WAS CUT. I felt like I had been casted away. The company I loved, the people I loved, I was a ambassador for Uber, and with the decision from someone higher up on the ladder who doesn't know me, who doesn't know I was on NATIONAL leader boards for customer satisfaction that means the most to them in the Uber Expert position, who didn't see google reviews with my name typed in them praising my service, who wouldn't listen to my managers that fought for me just to say no she's outta here and not give me the opportunity to explain myself just cut the rope on me is very wrong! There are employees that steal from the company, misuse the laptops we are given, disrespect driver partners, etc. and they get to stay, BUT in the search bar I misspelled Beyonce Knowles and hundreds of accounts come up and I don't even go to any of them (because they can see everything we do and they know I didn't) but I'm fired. Uber you have to do better.

Advice to Management

My management is the bomb.com, BUT TO WHO EVER IS HIGHER UP. Don't do people like that! And not even be real enough to hear them out! I had to deal with rude, obnoxious, disrespectful, sexists, racist, and nasty driver partners with a SMILE ON MY FACE and give them the best customer service and sympathy! And the one time I make a mistake you throw me away and not give me the opportunity to plead my case or write my wrongs and ignore the managers who molded me to be the best SUPER PUMPED UBER EXPERT I could be and fight to keep me! I will continue to use Uber because I believe in Uber, and I will continue to reapply for my job back at Uber because that's where I belong! And if there is someone at Uber who can is reading this review and can make something happen to help me, I am I'm from the Dallas market, the only Uber Expert with this story they can tell you exactly who I am!

3. "Great experience, highly recommended. Love to see my fellow xooglers flocking to Uber!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture changes, Focus on productivity, Great team morale, Pay & Equity Equality, Community Focus

Cons

Lots of leadership changes (a positive too), Lack of spot bonus / kudos bonus

Advice to Management

Hire our world class CEO quickly, continue on the path to Uber 2.0!

4. "Much better than I expected"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Despite intensive press coverage of the company (not always positive, as you might have noticed), from inside this is a very convenient/inspiring place to work at.

What I like:

- competitive compensation. I've been working at many places and sometimes my employers played Scrooge McDuck on annual performance reviews (some of them are still searching for "replacement", all these years). At Uber, in contrast, I faced with reasonable attitude from the very beginning. Will see how it goes.

- interesting "Uber-scale" projects. I feel I'm getting smarter with every month. Soon after joining the company I found myself in a position of a fresh graduate on his/her first job (despite 10+ years of experience). Uber is growing rapidly, which in turn requires bleeding edge technologies/approaches to be invented/implemented/accepted. I'm in love with my profession, so working on large-scale projects makes me experience technological orgasm.

- reasonable level of management. As an engineer I have an initiative here. I don't need to discuss every single breath I make, though of course I'm not completely free.

- friendly atmosphere inside the company. People are different, so one may face different characters/attitudes. Nevertheless, general mood is friendly and people are more or less relaxed.

Cons

- Workload is high. Plenty of challenging and demanding tasks. I'd say that work/life balance is shifted towards "work".

- I'd prefer more spacious offices.

Advice to Management

Keep going as is.

5. "Uber is Wunderbar!"

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- This company gives their employee ownership of the company! I feel like my manager/supervisor is trying to help me grow as an employee and in return I want to help Uber Grow
    - The culture of this startup is just that. I love the start up feel but I can tell Uber is trying to learn and grow into a company people can be proud of.
    - You wear many hats at this company, therefore I feel i am bettering myself and learning a lot of things i wouldnt at other companys

Cons

Being a 9 year old company, Uber still has some things to iron out
    - "change is the only constant" I don't mind change, but i can see why this could be a hindrance to certain people. Uber is finding a way to be a company that is enjoyable and efficient, but because of that, its a lot of trial and error

6. "Best Company"

I have been working at Uber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

allows you to grow as long as you keep producing good work.
    Smart people all around you that you can learn from.
    Great Perks
    Awesome Co-Workers

Cons

Distance from home office is an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job on benefits and open discussion. This is key to longevity and commitment to the organization.

7. "Review for software engineer intern in Uber"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Uber (Less than a year)

Pros

Many interns have got return offer and the pay is for intern is really good.

Cons

The return package for a full time employee is not large.

8. "Sr Marketing Manager"

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

great company, hyper growth, learning oppportunity

Cons

culture, work life balance, comp

9. "Uber is a fantastic employer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The technology that Uber are building is world class---they go out of their way to solve the real problem, to do the hard work, to solve the correct problem, no short cuts. This is really exciting a really exciting place to work.

Cons

The reputation. It's entirely outside the company, and influenced by the media and the less-informed perceptions and rumours circulating through the community.

10. "Uber Expert I - entry level of a customer support expert"

Current Employee - Uber Expert I in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Uber Expert I in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Uber part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I worked with. Uber takes great pride in the kind of people they hire. Also, at the GreenLight Hub there is a lot of freedom to explore the company to find your niche

Cons

The work can be a bit monotonous.

Advice to Management

On the internal side of things, there needs to be a lot more communication and clarity on polices that we have to abide by.

Uber Response

Aug 16, 2017 – Careers Brand Team

Appreciate the review and feedback. I've passed on your advice internally; thanks for all your hard work as an Expert in Minneapolis!

Showing 1,498 of 3,661 reviews