Uber Reviews | Glassdoor

Dara Khosrowshahi

1,788 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"An amazing and inspiring place to work"

Current Employee - Operations and Logistics Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations and Logistics Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love being able to work around truly passionate people who are ready to change the world. The culture is great, free snacks and food is big plus. I had the opportunity to take ownership of projects within my first month

Cons

The hours are much longer than any other job I've worked in, but this is expected to change as we continue hiring more help

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I'm excited to see the company grow and mature and hope that we don't lose the strong culture we have now

Uber Response

Jan 6, 2016 – Careers Brand Lead

Great review, thank you!

"Uber Expert"

Former Employee - Expert in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Expert in Dallas, TX

I worked at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Uber is new modern company! The best job I've ever had. The atmosphere, the people, the management, the company, the partners! I love Uber! This was the first job I had where I woke up and wanted to go to work. It's a technology company not ride-share your given a MacBook Air laptop you clock in and out your phone, submit your own time cards, the kitchen is stocked and great! Need time off you got it! No is hardly ever said when it come to employees. I started when Uber Expert was contracted so we were all hired through temp services no benefits no uber credits no nothing! But all over the company we were heard and officially became Uber Employees the beginning of 2017! PTO, benefits, discounts, uber credits, oodles of appreciation from the company! I will never work for another company that isn't a Startup! I love Uber!

Cons

After 11 months at uber I was terminated from my position for breaking Network Data Policy by searching a celebrity! Was told via email and I texted my manager who had no knowledge of it and he confirmed and apologized. I cried, I was upset, I was hurt, I love Uber! The next day when the managers broke the news to my colleagues, they stated how "we fought for her to stay but it was so high up it was nothing we could do to save her" (I searched Beyonce Knowles, spelled wrongly I might add, and was fired for it. Did nothing but search the name with incorrect spelling and was fired) I sent countless emails to as many higher ups I could find with my personal email and they all went undelivered, I sent them all again with my Uber email address and they all went through. Shortly after my emails were sent ALL UBER ACCESS WAS CUT. I felt like I had been casted away. The company I loved, the people I loved, I was a ambassador for Uber, and with the decision from someone higher up on the ladder who doesn't know me, who doesn't know I was on NATIONAL leader boards for customer satisfaction that means the most to them in the Uber Expert position, who didn't see google reviews with my name typed in them praising my service, who wouldn't listen to my managers that fought for me just to say no she's outta here and not give me the opportunity to explain myself just cut the rope on me is very wrong! There are employees that steal from the company, misuse the laptops we are given, disrespect driver partners, etc. and they get to stay, BUT in the search bar I misspelled Beyonce Knowles and hundreds of accounts come up and I don't even go to any of them (because they can see everything we do and they know I didn't) but I'm fired. Uber you have to do better.

Advice to Management

My management is the bomb.com, BUT TO WHO EVER IS HIGHER UP. Don't do people like that! And not even be real enough to hear them out! I had to deal with rude, obnoxious, disrespectful, sexists, racist, and nasty driver partners with a SMILE ON MY FACE and give them the best customer service and sympathy! And the one time I make a mistake you throw me away and not give me the opportunity to plead my case or write my wrongs and ignore the managers who molded me to be the best SUPER PUMPED UBER EXPERT I could be and fight to keep me! I will continue to use Uber because I believe in Uber, and I will continue to reapply for my job back at Uber because that's where I belong! And if there is someone at Uber who can is reading this review and can make something happen to help me, I am I'm from the Dallas market, the only Uber Expert with this story they can tell you exactly who I am!

3. "Excited about the company's future"

Current Employee - Senior Analytics Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analytics Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Constantly improving in culture, process and strategy. A very vibrant company with lots of smart people.

Cons

Some people are not very responsive and friendly. Morale seems low in some departments.

Advice to Management

Find the unhappy employees and talk to them. Otherwise, the negative attitude will spread to other people.

4. "Software Engineer II"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My opinion is taken seriously even as a newbie. Lots of new technology. Relaxed environment. Not micromanaged. Many open source projects.

Cons

Sometimes feel a bit lost with all the technologies. Many teams assign us bug reports without adequate information.

Advice to Management

Better documentation. Have a roadmap that engineers can really get involved with.

5. "Operations & Logistics manager"

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

- Engaging and challenging work
    - Analytical and data driven approach in problem solving
    - Great people and atmosphere

Cons

Not as much cross collaboration as I expected

6. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Uber makes you feel like home. Specially when you get to meet thousands of people from around the world coming with multifarious backgrounds!

Cons

Dealing with angry people or those with difficulty to understand as they can hardly express themselves, specially people from Far East.

7. "Still a great time to join and still much to do and build"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth opps of a startup within a maturing, highly relevant company in pop culture, tech and more broadly society.

Cons

Many roles still ambiguous and still relatively fast changes. 2017 has featured uptick in attrition in senior levels and pockets of company; was close to zero (voluntary) in years prior owing to valuation increase. (As you can probably read about in a news search.) Controversial in most parts of the world, and polarizing in certain circles of people and areas.

Advice to Management

Continue our track record of positive change this year, while being cognizant that we still have a lot going for us, despite media perception and month-to-month setbacks which have dogged headlines this year.

8. "Most Improved"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

We haven't had a stellar past but it really feels like everyone is coming together to make Uber an awesome place to work and an awesome company as a whole.

Cons

Sometimes it stinks when bad press comes out about our not so stellar past. But it's usually quickly replaced by news of a partnership with nasa or something great we're doing with meals on wheels.

9. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Strong team
    * Innovative environment
    * Challenging tasks
    * Great culture

Cons

* Not public yet
    * No onsite chefs :)

10. "Best Technology Company"

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Great working environment, opportunity for advancement, daily catered lunch and much more.

Cons

No cons, best company in the valley.

Advice to Management

Please do not allow nepotism to become a trend.

Showing 1,788 of 4,272 reviews