Uber Reviews | Glassdoor

Dara Khosrowshahi

2,451 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Wear and tear on your car (sometimes up to 300 miles a day for me in the DC area)" (in 246 reviews)

• "Probably improve my work life balance" (in 230 reviews)

1. "Great place"

Pros

Smart people to work with

Cons

Hard work, often long hours

2. "Operations Team"

Current Employee - Program Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Program Lead in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. As a female, I have found the culture to be fantastic. It is very team oriented and people genuinely want to help you succeed. There is a ton of room for professional growth across the org and in general the company is still open to innovative solutions.

Cons

Still a young company with many foundational components that still need to be implemented

"Driving for Uber and Payout"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Instant Payout system is great!
    Surge pricing is awesome
    Easy to get started and the approval process is fast

Cons

Rides are too long sometimes
    The navigation system has occasional glitches
    Not enough ride requests at times

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Exciting and Empowering"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have truly loved my experience thus far working at Uber. I was hesitant to join because of the news, so through my interview process I was very honest, asked lots of questions, and had a 2 hour conversation with my hiring manager before accepting my offer. Since joining, I've been overwhelmed, in a good way, by the collaboration, the valuing of my opinions, and the excitement of the work I get to do each day.

Cons

The best analogy here is like a 14 year old that looks like a 20 year old... Uber is still a young company and I think I expected more things to be in place that are just not yet. Now that I am here and doing the work, I see it differently, but I think that we're still young, we're growing fast, and we need to provide the feedback while also being patient to thoughtfully get the right systems and procedures in place.

5. "Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

taking steps to do the right things
    no haggling salaries / equal pay based on (title, years experience, education) - not gender, previous pay, etc.
    interesting problems to solve
    learning environment with many infrastructure technologies from in-house and open source
    well meaning and smart co-workers
    Celebrate diversity of backgrounds and individuality LGBTQ+
    CEO setting by example positive culture

Cons

negative press / in the spot light
    retention of tenured employees looking for the next hot startup
    Treating contractors as second class citizens

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, communication and being open is key.
    Increase gender and minority diversity in engineering
    Work towards inclusion not exclusion, remove barriers between FTE and contractors, everyone is part of the success.

6. "Greenlight Hub Expert"

Current Employee - Expert in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Expert in Denver, CO

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best career advancement path possible. This company has a very diverse employee base which is very amazing. Very supportive of all aspects of culture. I am proud to be part of the Uber Brand.

Cons

I don’t have any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It’s working. Creating a very unique environment. Very safe and comfortable.

7. "Uber driver"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

No benefits for long hohrs

8. "Manager"

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Incredibly talented people, fun culture, pace keeps you on your toes

Cons

As with all early stage Tech companies, professional development is something you have to take charge of for yourself (vs. HR / precedent)

"Uber ATG Toronto Self-Driving Vehicles Toronto Uber Advanced Technologies Group Toronto"

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Truly amazing team. The team is of very high caliber with very strong researchers that are truly on the cutting edge of deep learning research and are staying on top and work hard.

Super interesting work and amazing data.

Strong results delivered over and over again, sometimes against strong headwinds against the wider org.

Team is collaborative and friendly

The org as a whole is moving forward in general in the right direction

There are many good teams in the org with necessary contributions such as hardware, laser, vehicle platform etc and it really takes a larger org to build a self-driving car

Cons

* Repeated strong success of deep learning models coming out of this group comes with a territory and politics in the org which is really universal across humans/workplaces especially in a competitive area like self-driving.

* It is very important to be unaffected/able to stay out of wider politics and continue cranking out work/results if you are at Uber ATG. This can be challenging but overall the results coming out of ATG Toronto, the problem and data are amazing and the org is moving in the right direction.

* Not all humans in the wider org are unbiased/honest with themselves. Some of them are, more should strive to be. This is a fact of life in most organizations unfortunately.

* The whole team is under-leveled relative to it's contributions but this will hopefully be fixed in the near term as the results of team's work show over and over again. Fact is the team is super strong and the opportunity is enormous.

Advice to Management

Raquel is doing a truly amazing job and Uber is really lucky to have her onboard.. In my opinion she is the single most valuable MVP at ATG and anyone should consider themselves super lucky having an opportunity to work with her. This is an obviously very strong personal opinion and could be biased but it's honest.

10. "Uber Eats"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Uber (Less than a year)

Pros

I love Uber Eats because I get to make my own schedule and I like that we get paid every week.

Cons

The Uber app doesn't tell where the person lives until after we click start trip. Another thing that is a downfall is customers do not tip.

Advice to Management

Tell us where the person lives before we click start trip and make a way so customers can tip. Thank you.

Showing 2,451 of 5,749 reviews