Unidine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.3

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unidine (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was an informal, casual, yet productive. Interview was more of a conversation with a discussion of role specifications, responsibilities and benefits associated with company/position. Further growth opportunities were discussed as well as "5 year plan"

Interview Questions

• About past work experience   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burtonsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unidine (Burtonsville, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

The HR took me to her office then the main chef came aboard and I ended answering questions from both people in the interview. We arranged a second job interview were they will give me a box with ingredients and I have to convert them into eatable, healthy, good presentation and clean gourmet food.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure the food is served on time every day?
      What do you do when there are so many call outs and you are short of staff?
      When are you available to start? Can you make it on time to the job without any difficulties?
      How do you thick the food?
      Can you cook for 150 Residents, breakfast and lunch every day of the week?
      How do you prioritize when you have to prepare, cook, serve, clean, answer questions, help, be available for any associate in the kitchen who has any question, treat with respect anybody in the nursing home and trainee new employees in the Kitchen?
      How much do you want to make?
      Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unidine.

Interview

The process was thorough but not difficult. Phone screen and two rounds of interviews. They asked about relevant experience and work situations, including supervisory style. People were very friendly and professional. Nice offices.

Interview Questions

• Background, experience, what I would bring to the organization   Answer Question

Dining Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Unidine (Rochester Hills, MI).

Interview

It was intense. I had a phone interview. A chef test that was four hours long. A panel interview and then I had the interview with the executive director.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unidine.

Interview

The interview process consisted of meeting a few people of the company where they sugar coat the company and the job. Unfortunately, you don't get the true picture of the culture/atmosphere until you work there and live it each and every day.

Interview Questions

• What do you think, will you like it here?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Grange, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unidine (La Grange, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

First, I went to the job board at my high school. I picked up the information and went home to complete it. Once I completed it I got a phone call. Then I had a one on one interview which wasnt difficult. Normal questions like how did you hear about us, what are you doing with your life right now. After the interview was complete, I was sent to be fingerprinted and drug tested and then I started my training days.

Interview Questions

• What type of job do you think this is? Are you personable?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unidine (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I found the interview process for the most part to be pretty standard and my interviewers to be very pleasant. There were however a few things that threw me off and made it clear that this was not a culture fit for me.
    First of all, I was interviewing in the morning and therefore found out that EVERY single work week morning there is a staff meeting in the main reception where a staff member reviews some aspect of the Unidine handbook (I was there when they were reviewing handwashing) which struck me as a little culty.
    Also, it was made known to me that staff were expected to be at their desks by 8:00 am and people generally worked late and that other staff members would keep tabs on you. This made it clear that this was not a culturally good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable working in an open plan office and having a start time of 8am   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unidine (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with four people, including the CEO, at 8am on a Friday and was offered the job before leaving that day! Excellent experience overall! First I met with an internal recruiter who explained the job description. THen I met with the senior director of talent who asked me interview questions. After that I met with my new boss and the CEO. After meeting all of the interviewers I spoke to the senior director of talent who offered me the job!

Interview Questions

• What was one problem that you recognized at your last job and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unidine.

Interview

Was supposed to meet with one person, they weren't available and I ended up meeting with a recruiter. They didn't know all the details about the Manager, interview was a bit of a waste of time.

24/7 work mentality for staff

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Unidine (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Very short, not clear communication as to when the start date was, not clear direction of what they expected. There isn't much to say, they acted like I was supposed to know what to be saying and didn't really know what to ask me. This got me worried from the start.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate however any increase in salary was used up by the extremely expensive health insurance they have.