Unidine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.4

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unidine (Boston, MA).

Interview

Unidine showed its true colors as a corporation during my lengthy and negative interview process with them.

I applied online for an Operations Training Manager position, and within a week I had received word back that they would like to schedule a phone interview for the following week. I was only given a day of the week to choose from, and while the hiring manager did call that day, it was around 8:00pm, which is not a big deal, but it did raise a red flag. The phone interview was pleasant and lasted for about a half hour, at which point the hiring manager wanted to conduct a face-to-face interview with one of his colleagues.

I was then put in contact with the manager I would be interviewing with, and we set an interview date and time. I promptly showed up on time, only to have this particular manager show up 2 hours late, during the course of which he did call me to say he was running late, but yet, another red flag, especially upon arrival, there was no apology. This particular interview was a little less pleasant, as the manager I was interviewing with seemed distracted, annoyed, and not engaged in our conversation.

Despite this questionable interview, I was contacted for yet ANOTHER interview, this time with two senior managers. This interview was more of an introduction to the position, a sort of walk-through of roles and responsibilities. This interview was pleasant and seemed like it would lead to a job offer. However, I left the interview with no offer.

I would never hear from Unidine again. I repeatedly e-mailed and called the mangers who interviewed me and could not get a response back. It was borderline shocking that after such a lengthy interview process and many wasted hours of my time that nobody at this company could even grant me the courtesy of at least a "no thanks." I would not recommend interviewing with this company if this is the way their hiring process works.

Hospitality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Unidine (Detroit, MI).

Interview

typical first interview and then came back for an interview with a different person. Had to have a drug screen and a background check completed. The whole process took a couple of weeks to complete.

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unidine (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was an informal, casual, yet productive. Interview was more of a conversation with a discussion of role specifications, responsibilities and benefits associated with company/position. Further growth opportunities were discussed as well as "5 year plan"

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burtonsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unidine (Burtonsville, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

The HR took me to her office then the main chef came aboard and I ended answering questions from both people in the interview. We arranged a second job interview were they will give me a box with ingredients and I have to convert them into eatable, healthy, good presentation and clean gourmet food.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure the food is served on time every day?
      What do you do when there are so many call outs and you are short of staff?
      When are you available to start? Can you make it on time to the job without any difficulties?
      How do you thick the food?
      Can you cook for 150 Residents, breakfast and lunch every day of the week?
      How do you prioritize when you have to prepare, cook, serve, clean, answer questions, help, be available for any associate in the kitchen who has any question, treat with respect anybody in the nursing home and trainee new employees in the Kitchen?
      How much do you want to make?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unidine.

Interview

The process was thorough but not difficult. Phone screen and two rounds of interviews. They asked about relevant experience and work situations, including supervisory style. People were very friendly and professional. Nice offices.

Interview Questions

• Background, experience, what I would bring to the organization   Answer Question

Dining Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Unidine (Rochester Hills, MI).

Interview

It was intense. I had a phone interview. A chef test that was four hours long. A panel interview and then I had the interview with the executive director.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unidine.

Interview

The interview process consisted of meeting a few people of the company where they sugar coat the company and the job. Unfortunately, you don't get the true picture of the culture/atmosphere until you work there and live it each and every day.

Interview Questions

• What do you think, will you like it here?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Grange, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unidine (La Grange, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

First, I went to the job board at my high school. I picked up the information and went home to complete it. Once I completed it I got a phone call. Then I had a one on one interview which wasnt difficult. Normal questions like how did you hear about us, what are you doing with your life right now. After the interview was complete, I was sent to be fingerprinted and drug tested and then I started my training days.

Interview Questions

• What type of job do you think this is? Are you personable?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unidine (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I found the interview process for the most part to be pretty standard and my interviewers to be very pleasant. There were however a few things that threw me off and made it clear that this was not a culture fit for me.
    First of all, I was interviewing in the morning and therefore found out that EVERY single work week morning there is a staff meeting in the main reception where a staff member reviews some aspect of the Unidine handbook (I was there when they were reviewing handwashing) which struck me as a little culty.
    Also, it was made known to me that staff were expected to be at their desks by 8:00 am and people generally worked late and that other staff members would keep tabs on you. This made it clear that this was not a culturally good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable working in an open plan office and having a start time of 8am   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unidine (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with four people, including the CEO, at 8am on a Friday and was offered the job before leaving that day! Excellent experience overall! First I met with an internal recruiter who explained the job description. THen I met with the senior director of talent who asked me interview questions. After that I met with my new boss and the CEO. After meeting all of the interviewers I spoke to the senior director of talent who offered me the job!

Interview Questions

• What was one problem that you recognized at your last job and how did you solve it?   1 Answer