Union Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Felton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Union Bank (Felton, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

It was a very personable and enjoyable process of getting to know each other. I learned about the company and it’s workers. And my interviewer was so nice to meet and introduce myself too as they got to see who I am and what I strive to be.

Interview Questions

• When confronted with an angry costumer, what have you done to handle there dilemma?   2 Answers

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Bank in August 2010.

Interview

Multiple interviews even after I was told I would be made an offer it took quite some time before a formal offer was made. I did interview with 2 managers and they brought in those that would be my peers and they asked questions. Overall the experience was pleasant; but I typically interview well.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with Lawyers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made an offer; countered with a 10% increase; they accepted. But I'm that good... :-)

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Union Bank (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Was prescreened by a recruiter. Final interview with Union Bank VP was via Skype. I interviewed with two VPs since I would be reporting to both of the,. Went very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with leading projects.   1 Answer

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Union Bank (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was asked how to source a piano tuner in Stockton. The interview lasted less than 20 minutes. I was not asked about background, history, job or educational qualifications

Interview Questions

• How to source a piano tuner in Stockton.   2 Answers

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Union Bank (Monterey Park, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on the phone and then in person in the office. The phone interview was with the hiring manager and the in-person interview was in two parts, first the hiring manager and then two of my potential future coworkers.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Union Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR via email to set up a 30 min phone interview --> 1st round phone interview with HR --> second round 30-min phone interview with Manager --> 3rd round in person interview with two different people in the manager role.
    3rd round interview took more than an hour. One interviewer asked basic questions, and second interviewer asked many tricky situation-based questions.
    Told that I would be contacted in a month regarding final result. Was never contacted so I send an email to HR. HR replied me 3 weeks later asking me for another in-person interview.
    Went for another in-person interview, took about 1.5 hours. Told that I would be contacted in around 1 week regarding final results.
    Still not contacted and it has been more than 1 month after the last in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Gave a free random topic, gave you 30 seconds to think and prepare, you have to give a 5 minute presentation regarding that topic and have to end yourself when you think 5 minutes is up.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Bank in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was set up to have a phone interview. They didn't call at the appointed time, so it was rescheduled 4 times. 30 minute interview with a couple of very heavily accented developers. They asked very basic Java questions. Was told that I didn't have enough "functional knowledge", which was frustrating because I know all my answers were spot on. I believe the foot-dragging of the phone calls indicates they never intended to hire me and were only going through the motions for whatever reason.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions. "How does a hash table work?" "What is the difference between inner and outer join?" "How do you use the Synchronized keyword in Java?" "What is the difference between REST and SOAP?" "Why would you use MongoDB vs. Oracle?" "What is ThreadLocal?"

Be careful about the Synchronized question, it was obvious that the interviewer didn't know about the java.util.concurrent package, so lecturing the interviewer about it won't get you any points.   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Union Bank (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

One Round of Interview with 2 folks. The interview was taken for an Hour and mostly very detailed. The people who take interview are extremely experienced and knowledgeable. The questions are very detailed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave the current job   1 Answer

SRB Interview

Interview

Applied online, went to a banker recruitment day which you interview with different types of management and got a response about 2 weeks later. I started about a month later.

Interview Questions

• It was a day when all the bankers go to a location and interview with different management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not negotiate.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Union Bank (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

one analyst interview me and go through the resume and talk about your experience since I change my major in master study, and what is your understanding about this position responsibility, also he asked what your realization to union bank because he just go there 7 weeks, he is very nice and we talk in a harmonious way. you need to keep in mind arrive on time I was late 3 minutes by accident and it is really regretful.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Union Bank (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Get a phone all.