Union Square Hospitality Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Union Square Hospitality Group

2.6

Pastry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

First, you're put through a trail that lasts as long as a normal shift. Basically, this procedure is so you get to see what it is like to work there and to see how well you fit with the team. You get a half hour break halfway through and then you continue the shift. At the end, I was asked to meet with the chef for a mini interview before I was released to go home.

Interview Questions

• Which dessert was your favorite here?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Great interview! Easy to schedule and very friendly. Had a genuinely involved and interesting interview for a potential position. Was encouraged to check in after a couple of weeks which I did. Unfortunately they ended up not hiring for the position at all but I was encouraged to keep in touch in the future. I definitely will!

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest skills? What areas of the job are you most passionate about?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

It was not a typical on-site interview process. At first, you had to answer a list of questions and the hiring manager would decide if they want to move forward.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the company?   3 Answers

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

formal sit down, very up front and down to earth. Simple stuff like work experience, and general understanding of restaurants. Very nice attitude and I felt like everyone was more than capable.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you been in the hospitality industry for?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Very comfortable and engaging. The interview was folded into a great conversation about the individual who is applying. This is set up this way to allow for a chance to let the personality of the interviewee to shine. Personality is very important to the company.

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I met with the GM and originally I was interviewing for a hostess position. We sat down at a table near the bar and had a one-on-one conversation for about 20 minutes. At this point, I had never worked in a restaurant before and when I expressed a desire to grow in the industry, he encouraged me to switch my focus to a Server Assistant position. I went home to think about what he said and when he called a few days later to offer me the job, I felt like I was already a member of the team. I learned so much as a Server Assistant about the fine details of a restaurant and everyone was very supportive. I eventually became a server, but I'm so grateful for his guidance.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

It was very nice and I felt very comfortable.The questions were asked in a very relaxed way, all questions were about my previous experience in the Restaurant world and also about things that i like to do in my free time. I was even offered a glass of water right when i sat down for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you answer to a guest who just walks in looking for a table, but everything you have is reserved?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, not bad at all, just need to have prior experience.
    It's mainly a phone interview not long and they encourage you during the process. Then you go on the field and they see how great you are.

Special Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was very conversational and straight forward. I was asked about what I studied in school, my background and interest in hospitality and event management, and my knowledge of Union Square Hospitality Group. I met with the managing partner first and then the General Manager. The interview process was explained to me as a two round process. I was offered the job the day of my second interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your hard skills?
      How do you feel about joining a tight knit team?
      What experience do you have in the hospitality industry?
      How will you exemplify the values of USHG?
      What are some of your favorite restaurants or bars in the city?   Answer Question

Line Cook At the Modern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Sent my resume via e-mail and got a phone call to schedule an interview. visited the establishment and had an casual interview with the chef. I got an offer within a week and I took the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. just took the job because i really wanted to work there