United Bankshares Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.6

BSA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Bankshares (Chantilly, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a senior officer at the bank and was told someone would get back to me in the next couple of weeks. No one ever followed up, hence my negative rating. I sent a follow up thank you note but didn't inquire further since I ultimately decided this was not the right job/company for me.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Bankshares.

Interview

Two hr interviews seemed unnecessary. The interviewers were really nice and friendly though, and I walked away with a better sense of the company and how things went at the company. Still have at least one more interview. Since, I am not sure how well I can do the job, I am anxious to interview with a manager in my department

Loan Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunbar, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Bankshares (Dunbar, WV) in August 2015.

Interview

Was an internal hire, considered me after interviewing outside offers. Was called in after work and the manager personally interviewed me. He was super great and kind, just wanted to talk really and see if I was a normal person. The more friendly you are and talkative the better. Try to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and what did you do to resolve the issue.   1 Answer

Morgantown, WV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Bankshares (Morgantown, WV) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call next day. A friend worked at the bank so he helped put a good word in for me. Interviewed in person with the head of HR. She was very nice and made the interview relaxing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I interviewed at United Bankshares in June 2015.

Interview

Basic questions, friendly rehashing what was on the resume. Phone interview, recruiter was on time, very pleasant but distant. Promised to call back. Pay peanuts. Liked the job but I would be making less than current job.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Bankshares.

Interview

Met for dinner/drinks with all of the applicants and the interviewers the night before. Very casual setting, but you could tell the interview had already started that night. The next day I met with two interviewers for the actual interview which only lasted about 15 minutes, all behavioral questions and specific questions about the bank itself. Did not connect well with one of the interviewers who was very condescending, yet only two years my senior.

Interview Questions

• Starting with 100, count backwards by 7 as fast as possible.   Answer Question

Entry Level Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Bankshares (Tysons Corner, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

I apply online on their official website. Got a email a week later for a face to face interview. The HR manager was nice in asking questions that were basically behavioral and describe what your projects you did in school. The interview went quick, but wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• The question were basically behavioral and the type of question you would expect. Some questions were: What is your biggest weakness? Tell me a time where you had a problem in your project and had to figure out a solution to fix it. No technical questions were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Bankshares (Charleston, WV) in September 2011.

Interview

Round robin interview session with various heads of different business segments. It was a positive experience and everyone was very pleasant and professional. The interviews each took approximately 15 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Bankshares (Fairfax, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. First met with the branch manager to get a feel for the job and environment and to see if I would be a good fit. Then the next day interviewed with an HR rep. Mostly standard interview questions; describe a personal challenge you faced and overcame, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult situation you've faced and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question