United BioSource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at United BioSource

2.5

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United BioSource (San Francisco, CA) in August 2007.

Interview

Interview went very well, and the questions were primarily technical on knowledge of SQL and overall development life cycle.
    The company also needs you to put in a lot of hours and know how to work with documentations, so if you mention this during an interview your chances of being accepted go up by a lot

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at United BioSource.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter followed by interview with hiring manager. Hiring need was urgent. The interview was held in the office late in the evening. I was initially wary of the overtime demands this implied and that later proved to be a correct barometer read on this corporation's culture. A second follow-up phone interview with the hiring manager where I expressed that concern among others. The only answer offered was to increase the monetary offer again and again.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was to estimate the budget and resources required for an ill-defined project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick and money focused.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United BioSource.

Interview

One interview with three employees followed by a written SAS programming evaluation.

Interview Questions

• The SAS programming evaluation was written making it difficult unless you had all the syntax memorized.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United BioSource in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by 2 talent specialist for a phone screen, but it moved to an informal meeting with a senior leader. The informal interview seemed like a good idea at the time, but the commentary by the interviewer was borderline offensive/discriminatory. This led to several on-site interviews with what seemed like everyone in the office except the receptionist. In-person interviews were brief because either they were running to another meeting or were just unaware of the position I was interviewing for. All things considered, with the process, the culture, the business - I ultimately declined the offer. Given the insane hoops one would think you are interviewing for google or amazon. Generally, the process was over complicated with an indecisive management team. As another glassdoor reviewer suggested - ask the difficult questions, take a look at the culture, perception is reality at UBC.

Interview Questions

• Standard by the book questions that did not invoke a representation of personality or capability.   Answer Question

Senior Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United BioSource (Wayne, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

I initially had a phone screening interview. The questions were pretty standard (how did you find out about the company, why are you looking to make a change, etc). The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable.

Following the phone screen, I was scheduled for a series of 1:1 interviews. I was initially scheduled to meet with 5 people, but only wound up meeting with 4. When I arrived, was asked to complete the same application that I had already completed online. I waited quite a while before I met with the first interviewer. Things generally seemed to be busy and somewhat disorganized.

All of the interviewers that I met with were very friendly. The questions were pretty general for the most part. They seemed to be looking more for a personality fit then for specific skills. Most of the interviewers described the "successful candidate" as type A, driven, and highly motivated. The final person I met with was an HR rep. We discussed my salary requirements and benefits primarily. I interviewed on a Wednesday, and I she told me that I should hear back from them by the following Tuesday. It took about 3 hours in total.

The following Monday I was contacted by the receptionist to schedule another 1:1 interview. I was a little surprized, but they were very accomodating to my schedule as I was still working full time. When I arrived for the second round of interviews, I waited for over 30 min before anyone met with me. The person who did finally meet me seemed like she was not expecting the interview, and didn't know why I had been asked to come back in. After meeting with her, I met with one more person who was one of the hiring managers for the position I was applying to. The questions were pretty similar to the first round of interviews. I wound up spending about 1.5 hours for that second round.

After the second interview, I didn't hear anything for over a week. I emailed the HR person several times, and she said that they were still discussing their decision. About 1.5 weeks after the last interview they finally told me that "they enjoyed meeting me, but could not accomodate my salary requirements."

In summary, I'm not entirely sure why they brought be back for another interview when they already knew my salary requirements. I did learn during my second interview that they were processing about 80 interviews a month at that time. I think there were only about 150 people at that location, so it was probably a lot of work to process that many candidates. I liked the company and the people a lot. It seemed like a very dynamic, energetic, team oriented environment, but I was a little bit frustrated by the lack of coordination and comunication.

Interview Questions

• What role do you normally take in group/team situations.   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United BioSource (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

The interview process included phone conversations and in person job talk with additional one on one sessions with staff. All was cordial, and great conversations and interactions throughout. This is at least 30 words written here.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at United BioSource in July 2016.

Interview

An internal recruiter found my resume and called me for interview. The duties were vague in her description. I had a video interview and then two additional phone interviews. I had to call the recruiter after each interview as her follow up was very poor. After hired, there is a background check which was still in process a month after my start date.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United BioSource (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The entire process was pretty quick and seemless. I exchanged a couple emails with the recruiter, then the phone interview. A week later I came in for the interview, 4 people including a HR rep.

Everybody was nice and courteous. It's a typical interview but I was so nervous since I thought the job was perfect for me. I wanted it! I was really excited about the company too. Unfortunately, they didn't find me fit.

Interview Questions

• How do I push team members to perform when they are in 2 different locations (somewhere along those lines)   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United BioSource (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I had seen repeated postings on Craig's List over a 2-month period for a number of positions but realized their application process was too generic to make a meaningful impression. Consequently, I reached out to my network in order to find an inside contact with the company.

Fortunately, a former co-worker was able to submit my resume and I received a request for a phone interview within a week. We scheduled the phone interview for the following week.

The interview itself was conducted by an HR executive and took 30 minutes. The experience was akin to a verbal physician's intake form. I did receive a prompt, yet vague, "Thank you but no thank you."

Overall, the experience was clinically professional, but completely devoid of an opportunity to make meaningful contact, or to prove my actual value to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Under what circumstances did you leave your last position (repeat for every position over the last 10 years)   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United BioSource (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

First received a call from a recruiter. After a brief phone interview, I was called by the manager for a second phone interview. The next step was a series of interviews at the company office in Wayne, PA. These interviews consisted of meeting with 6 different people throughout the day. The whole process lasted about 4 hours. I was told that there were still some candidates that had to be interviewed, and they would be in touch within a week.Overall the people were pleasant, but I felt that it was very unprofessional for them to not return a call even after my follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable just inputting information in the computer?   Answer Question