United BioSource Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
United BioSource CEO Patrick Lindsay
Patrick Lindsay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work is valued and nice ability to work from home in current group" (in 19 reviews)

• "The benefits and Work/Life balance are great" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Although I have plenty of PTO--can't find the time to take--work/life balance is struggling" (in 11 reviews)

• "If guys work there they are usually a higher up supervisor or upper management" (in 15 reviews)

1. "Great"

Pros

Everything was great this company

Cons

I have no cons here at this comp

"RAPIDLY DWINDLING COMPANY. People are fleeing and company isn't doing anything to retain or replace."

Former Employee - CTS in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - CTS in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at United BioSource full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work from home.

Cons

The new HR group is incompetent. Payroll is wrong , PTO balances wrong, W2 are wrong and no one is responding to inquiries .
    Senior executives are 90% reactive 10% proactive and have put themselves in a bad situation. Rules change daily. You never know what you will get hit with next.

Advice to Management

Sell it, part company with senior executives, or shut the doors. Employees shouldn't have to fear for their job because of your inability and unwillingness to be transparent.

"Management needs work. Very clucky."

Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist
    Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist

I worked at United BioSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are very nice. Paid time off...

Cons

Definitely needs better management. It's not a fair place to work if you are different. Equal opportunity doesn't work here.

Advice to Management

Clean house

"Shaky Future"

I have been working at United BioSource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great PTO, matching 401k 100% for first 6%, standard dental and vision, open to WFH, some exceptional co workers, but for me #1 is I love what we get to do for our patients. Promotes from within more often than hiring external.

Cons

Not good for work life balance, low pay, lots of promises if you put the work in you will be rewarded but doesn't come through, medical and prescription is horrible. Company outlook for those outside upper managment is scary looking and is making some of our best employees leave. If you do not work at headquarters you don't feel as included.

Advice to Management

Do what you can to retain the SMEs and hardworkers, follow through on promises, stop making everything a secret, remember there is more than just headquarter employees. Plan ahead, be proactive. Try not to always be reactive.

"Disorganized"

Current Employee - Senior Reimbursement Specialist in Berkeley, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Reimbursement Specialist in Berkeley, MO

I have been working at United BioSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is good, benefits okay.

Cons

The management are disorganized, planning and direction are not communicated or doesn’t exist.

Advice to Management

Listen to your experiences employees. There is a reason you hired them.

"Upper Management is delusional - stay away!"

I have been working at United BioSource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work from home flexibility - while it is still available

Cons

Upper management is detached from reality
    No career development opportunities once you max out in your current position
    Upper Management will keep getting their bonuses and drive their expensive cars while the people who actually do the work sacrifice personal time to make deadlines. Taking away PTO carry over one week before end of the year is one of the most idiotic moves in the history of this company.

Advice to Management

You need to stop listening to people that blow air up your rear and get out of your Upper crust bubble.

"Don’t work here!"

I have been working at United BioSource full-time

Pros

Only pro is work from home flexibility which is being threatened by a new HR team who is out of touch with the industry and reality.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid and recent directives by upper management clearly show workers are not valued. Get the experience you need and get a better job elsewhere. Would not buy a used car from the CEO.

"Stay as FAR away from UBC as you can"

I worked at United BioSource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only PROs were most of the team members were professional and supportive. The pay was pretty good as well as the annual bonus. Pretzel day was a bonus.

Cons

I worked for UBC for over 10 years and dedicated many more hours to the clients and UBC than I should have. I believed in doing my best each day to satisfy our clients. The Executive Management team did not care. They are all part of the "Other CRO" club. If you did not work with them back in the day, you will get no where at UBC. A major cost cutting measure was 2 rounds of layoffs, where even the long tenured and dedicated employees got the ax. Within the 8 months after the latest round of layoffs, the best and most experienced employees starting jumping ship. Senior management will not tell the employees anything about how the company is doing. Everything is a secret. Unless you are right out of college and want to get some experience and then move on, stay away from UBC.

Advice to Management

First, you need to be thanking each and every employee of UBC as THEY do the work that make the company money, not Senior management. Hold frequent town halls to tell the employees how the company is doing, good or bad. For the Executive management team, remember, what goes around, comes around, and Karma is coming.

"Lacking diversity and Career growth"

I worked at United BioSource full-time

Pros

I had a good Functional Manager before the lay offs

Cons

There is no room for growth and no diversity (specifically black people) in upper management or in other departments. Issues like these are never addressed even though the President and company are well aware of these issues.

Advice to Management

Hire more black people in management and scientific roles, and allow for more growth and movement within the company for black people.

"Either you will be fired or quit within 1 year!"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at United BioSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home is nice

Cons

I can’t begin to tell you how much leadership internal calls are focused around near or future analyst they are going to fire. There has been 70% turnover in the past year. Make a mistake and you might as well update your resume on Glassdoor

Advice to Management

This isn’t sales! You don’t have to threaten analysts daily. Working in fear is not a way to manage.