United Rentals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Rentals Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

Interviewed by Sr. Management 3 times. Took appox. a month to start. Very informal interviews. Management basically just checking the box. They use a personality test to take the guess work out.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

Went through several interviews with multiple people. All asked me the exact same questions. Clearly no communication among recruiters. The one recruiter forgot to call me the first day, called late the second day and then wanted to know how the weather by me was. Not the most professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

I applied online for the job opening. A Regional Recruiter reached out to me about job details. Lastly there was a very relaxed phone interview with BM and DSM. Smooth and professional process.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

The interview was with the branch manager. My previous work experience was discussed. We went over the job description and responsibilities for this position. The next step was to be an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Rentals in June 2017.

Interview

The process has been pretty easy so far. The background check was the most difficult part because with some jobs you have to verify that you did work there and show proof with a w2 or paystub.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Rentals in April 2017.

Interview

The phone interview assessed construction equipment, safety, and customer service experience and knowledge. Two online assessments also test logic skills and your personality type, how you handle situations, etc. This is the first 2 steps of a four step process.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a diesel and a gas engine, how much customer service experience do you have   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Rentals in April 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth and welcoming. Had two phone interviews to start off then I received a call from the branch manager to schedule an in person interview. After the personal interview it took about 2 weeks to receive an offer.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview, the lady was very reluctant conducting phone interview. She did not ask many questions and when I asked her questions she basically did not answer my question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals in February 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. After I applied, I almost immediately had a request for an interview with a recruiter. After my recruiter interview, I moved on to the hiring manager and then the Program Director. It was painless if you knew about the company, industry, and sales.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at United Rentals in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through company's career page. Filled out application along with a assessment test. The assessment test is twelve pages long consisting of personality and situation questions. Once everything was submitted, the feedback time was rather instant. Received an email the next day to set up an phone interview time. Took the phone interview with the corporate recruiter.