United Rentals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at United Rentals

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Interview

It was a great interview process. Great questions were asked. They have great work employees with a ton of enthusiasm. You can tell people love working there. The office was very clean and the equipment outside was kept shiny.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United Rentals (New York, NY).

Interview

I scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter on the following Wednesday. She forgot and never called me as we discussed. I emailed her a few hours later to reconnect. She wrote back with poor grammar and explained how she forgot. We scheduled another call for the following week and she was 10 min late to that call as well. At this point, I was no longer interested in working for a company this disorganized. I cut the call short after a few minutes of her talking about her personal life. Weird overall experience.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked on the initial call.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals in June 2020.

Interview

Very smooth process with great HR personnel. Super timely with feedback and responses though-out the interviewing process. BE prepared to answer questions about your previous work experiences and how it ties to the role you are applying for. They are looking to see how you would fit into their company culture and environment.

Interview Questions

• Explain a scenario where you had to to go above and beyond your job functions to complete a project. How did you feel? Did it get done?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

First was a phone interview with manager/Dsm. A screening/intro. 2nd was group phone interview. 3rd was in person panel with branch manager, district sales manager, and area manager. Make sure you are prepared for each planned interview. Your number can be pulled up from any previous role with the company

Interview Questions

• what do you expect from the role, how would you organize your day, do you or have you used a CRM system, and to know your previous numbers & expectations   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Rentals in January 2020.

Interview

very general questions. Spoke about responsibilities. Very basic. Spoke bout revenue and how to increase it. the different responsibilities this role has from sales, to operations to finances.

Interview Questions

• If your top outside sales rep had a DUI... how would handle it.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Rentals (Houston, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

About 3 phone interviews, 1 in person. Takes many months to go through but the online site updates through the process. Don't quit your job while you're waiting. Needs a college degree for inside sales. I started as a technician.

Interview Questions

• Sales questions. Don't remember.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals (Arlington, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, then two in person interviews. One with branch manager the next with the regional manager. Took a while for them to follow up; in fact, I had to call them to find out they chose someone else. Which is fine, just call to let the others know.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions; strengths, weaknesses, why you, why us, etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

Two Interviews. Phone about 10- 15 minutes. In person varies from 20-40 minutes. Drug test required as well as background check. Process took about a week to get in the door.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cathedral City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals (Cathedral City, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Completely unprofessional hiring manager. Tribalism at it's finest. This was the first time that a phone interview began with a completely fabricated story. Basically, the internal controls which prevent this haven't been adopted by United Rentals.

Interview Questions

• Great job on graduating from college, but I couldn't reach you at any of the phone numbers or emails that you included. So we filled the sales position with someone from that's been working here for a while. So, check back on the website and see if you can find another job. By the way are you close to the location and do you still want the job.   1 Answer

Interview

Process did not take very long. Phone interview, a day on the job, then a final interview with upper level management. All very easy questions about yourself and why you think you are qualified to be in sales.