Cover image for United Rentals

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

United Rentals Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 176 of over 176 interviews

In Person9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals (Albany, NY) in Aug 2022

Interview

The initial interview was informative and energetic. The company is forward thinking and cares about their employees. I am excited to take the step with United as the second chapter of my work career.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? If you were to get the position what do you see most challenging?
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

United Rentals

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals in Aug 2022

Interview

Interviewed with HR and received an invitation for a second interview within 48 hours. Second interview was with a manager and pretty basic. Somewhat technical, somewhat interest-oriented. Received rejection about one week later. Both people I spoke with were very short with me and seemed uninterested. Interviews were very uncomfortable and it felt like I was not being seriously considered.

Interview Questions
  • What are WHERE and HAVING clauses in SQL? What's the difference and where do you use them?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals (Torrance, CA) in Jul 2022

Interview

I'm sharing my honest experience so that maybe something gets done because this company has some racism issues to sort out with their management team. I connected well with all the managers who interviewed me at the Torrance branch, all but one. This particular guy did not ask me any questions during my interview, did not show any interest, and barely smiled backs me. I have a master's degree, YEARS of good sales experience, and actually own my own E-Commerce business. Despite the fact the role pays a decent salary even without a college degree, this manager offered me $21 an hour (none negotiable LOL). During the highest inflationary period in decades, with an excellent sales experience, a college degree plus masters, and in one of the most expensive cities in the world. $21 an hour is pretty low, buddy!...he wouldn't even offer a white high school teenager with zero experience that low of an offer. Of course, I will decline such an ridiculously low offer (politely) and take my talents to the competition! It's rude to offer a grown adult with an advanced degree such a low rate, and I KNOW the company has more budget for the role, it pays others upwards of $80,000. If you're white you'll thrive in this company, IF you're black probably not!

Interview Questions
  • Standard sales/CS-related questions. Nothing will catch you off-guard with just a little preparation.
2 people found this interview helpful

United Rentals

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals in Jul 2022

Interview

Applied online. Received phone call from branch's service manager within a week. Discussed previous work experience, what the job would consist of, and setup an in-person interview for a few days later. In-person interview was with service manager and branch manager. Similar questions about previous work experience, professional challenges faced, why I was interested in the company, and what I was looking to do long term. Actual interview about 45mins followed by a tour of the facility. Overall was an easy and relaxed interview process that took about 2 1/2 weeks from initial online application to being made an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your previous experience with **** Rentals including what the safety culture is like.
  • Explain a professional challenge you have faced and how you dealt with it.

United Rentals

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Rentals

Interview

I received a call from a manager. Standard interview questions were asked. I never received any feedback or communication after the interview, so I'm not sure what specifically I could have improved.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Rentals (Chicago, IL) in Apr 2022

Interview

Nice representative unfortunately it didn't work out. The different time zone of the recruiter and I made it difficult to communicate and it fell through unfortunately. Great company with very nice people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals (Charlotte, NC) in Apr 2022

Interview

I interviewed for an open position with United Rentals in Charlotte, NC. The first interview went very well and I was later set up for a second interview with the General Counsel. Three and half weeks went by without any communication from the hiring manager or the recruiter. I sent an email to the recruiter for status of the open position with no response. I followed up with the hiring manager only to be told "they went with another candidate with more relevant experience." I find that response to be perplexing as my resume stated my skills. experience and background. I feel my time was wasted. Not to mention I passed up a job opportunity I could have. United Rentals should be more professional and proactive in their hiring process and follow-ups.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at United Rentals (Charlotte, NC) in Apr 2022

Interview

My interview was over the phone. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a series of questions. I took the opportunity to asks several questions also. The HR representative was polite, reserved and very thorough with her questions.

Interview Questions
  • Why would I like to work there. Explain a weakness, How would my skills benefit United Rentals.

United Rentals

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals in Apr 2022

Interview

It was normal nothing hard It was thru the phone didn't hear back from them but good experience If I get another try I'll nail it but will see what happens.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United Rentals

Application

I interviewed at United Rentals

Interview

Upon arrival, I was taken to a conference room for a group interview. I had been advised that I was meeting with the manager. I was on one side of the table while the team was on the other side.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 176 Interviews

United Rentals Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at United Rentals as 65.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.66 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Outside Sales Representative and Inside Sales Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Branch Manager and Sales Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at United Rentals takes an average of 24 days when considering 174 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Branch Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Sales Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at United Rentals according to 174 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 20.26%