United Supermarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Supermarkets Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

1.7

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Supermarkets in October 2017.

Interview

really no intreview got hired right on the spot no questions asked got the job right away very frienldy people at united super markets i like workign for united super markets it is the best comapny to work for

Interview Questions

• no diffcult questions asked during the intreview process   Answer Question

Deli Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seymour, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Supermarkets (Seymour, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Short and sweet. They were more interested in getting you to work then actually training you. It was bad the first day. It was like they justed wanted to fill the position with anyone and it didnt matter who.

Field Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Supermarkets (Lubbock, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was already an employee for United Supermarkets. I read about the Field Support Specialist job and applied online.
    Was called about 14 days later.
    Scheduled for an interview the next day.
    Interviewed for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer
    • Do you think its important to build a relationship with people?   1 Answer

Dairy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at United Supermarkets (Lubbock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Very brief interview with grocery manager. Very easy going conversational really wanted to know me as a person. Really seemed like I already had the job. Most conversation was about availablilty

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Supermarkets (Lubbock, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

My interview for Marketing Intern was very laid back. I was mainly asked about why I liked United Supermarkets and why I wanted the position. Experience with the company beforehand is certainly a plus for this position. There was only one interview at the corporate office and then they got back to you within a month.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about working for United Supermarkets?   Answer Question

Food Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Supermarkets (Abilene, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I was called a week or so after submitting my application online and scheduled an interview for the next day. The interview was very informal. I didn't have to say much: it felt like my interviewer had decided to hire me before even meeting me. I learned later that he did, simply because I had a steady work history and open availability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't told what I would be making until a few days after being hired. I asked around, but no one seemed to know. All my manager could say was, "They pay us pretty well back here." I assumed that meant at least around $8/hr, considering that it requires no experience or specialized training. I was surprised when I learned halfway through my first week that I was making $7.35/hr. The other new hire went to management when he found out what we were making and he asked for more money. They refused, so he quit. So I'd say there is no negotiating with United in my experience.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at United Supermarkets (Abilene, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

the interview process was easy because one of my good friends was the manager. they didn't expect much they just wanted people to work. it was a college town so they knew that it would be a bunch of students so they were very understanding and flexible.

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at United Supermarkets.

Interview

Received phone call in response to online application; scheduled interview. Quick turnaround. Team interview. No unusual questions.

Interview Questions

• The salary quoted was shockingly low for a relatively important role.   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Supermarkets (Colleyville, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was very easy and straightforward. Interviewers very friendly and asked simple straightforward questions. Total interview time was approximately 15 minutes, and I was offered the job on the spot.

Checker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at United Supermarkets (Lubbock, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very informative about the job position and future opportunities. The interview process was not difficult. They seemed excited about hiring me and getting me started. Training was only for a couple of days but was complete. I had to fill out paperwork and take a drug test and have a background check ran. The whole process only took about 4 days and I was ready for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to get out of this position and where do you see yourself going with the company?   1 Answer