United Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at United Technologies

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies in May 2018.

Interview

Straight forward interview - I applied online and about 2 weeks later was contacted by phone to arrange an informal telephone interview/vetting process. After this I was contacted a week later to arrange a face-to-face interview, this consisted of an initial personality test to see if I would fit in with the team, a few technical questions about OOP principals and a short written exercise.

It was a very positive interview experience and friendly atmosphere.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the agency who reviewed the job with me and asked about my experience. From there I was submitted and in a few days I received a call to come onsite for interviews. a few days after the onsite, I had a phone screen with the HR manager and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you managed a high volume of requisitions?   1 Answer

Leadership Program Interview

Interview

Contacted via email for a phone interview short notice. They told me the next morning and then got the date wrong, but I figured it out and made time anyway. Conducted a 30 minute phone interview, and then never bothered to get back to me after to let me know either way.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

I was hired directly by the division chief technology officer during on-campus college interviewing. I then interviewed on site with application in hand and was able to meet with different development teams to find the best fit.

Interview Questions

• Would there be difficulties in working on government contracts   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies in June 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview
    Asked me to walk through some of my past projects to get a sense of what i knew in the field.
    Asked a few behavioral questions to see how i handle group situations.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Technologies in January 2018.

Interview

I got in touch with a technology team lead through my university. They set up a phone call to get to know me better and asked questions about my resume. I had another call a month later from a PR, asking me how I would handle a particular project and some technical questions related to that.

Interview Questions

• What are some difficulties you faced while training neural networks and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Internship interview, phone screen. They asked behavioral questions and my interests. The interview opportunity was obtained from an on-campus college career fair. The recruiters collected resumes, contact info, career interests, and then told us that they would make phone calls later that evening for an on-campus interview (limited slots). Or, alternatively, hiring managers would call us later for a phone screen if interested.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Asked me questions about my previous experience regarding the position. Phone interview was done because I was out of state at the time and in school most likely because it was only for an intern role.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Hartford, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process tends to be extremely long at UTC. I went through three interviews that were spaced out almost one to two weeks apart, and then didn't start until about three weeks after that. This could only apply to internships. There's a lot of competition for positions at UTC, so don't expect it to be a quick process. Learn as much as you can about the company before you're interview. It will give you a great advantage and they will be very impressed.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time when you had to make a difficult decision that also resulted in high risk with either outcome."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies in April 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was quick and efficient. Not many behavioral questions asked, they mostly want to know about you and your experience, since you're only starting out. Be prepared to tell about yourself, work experience, give examples from school projects etc, your team work skills, etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back 2 weeks later. There was a quick phone screen, then a phone interview. After those there was a series of 3 interviews that they had me do in the same day. Absolutely positive experience and I cannot wait to work with this team and this company. The company culture really seems to ring true! The offer was more than fair and I did not feel the need to negotiate. Also, there is no negotiating for interns.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for internships