Universal Technical Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Universal Technical Institute

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Technical Institute (Mooresville, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

Multiple meetings with the District Manager and several phone interviews with at the VP level that were in the corporate headquarters in AZ. They asked tough questions and made it clear that they only hire the best in the business. They also act "not-impressed" with whatever numbers you have achieved in the past.

Interview Questions

• What is my plan to get a student all the way through the enrollment process and to get him to show up in class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Technical Institute (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Too long ago to remember well, but round table with 3 managers. They just asked all the normal question ...like Who, what, when, where, why...the usual. Nothing difficult nor surprising.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Technical Institute (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

Met with Director of Admissions it took a week for them to get back to me and then proceeded with second phone interview with Regional Director of Admissions. Once they do the extensive background check and drug test your pretty much hired at that point.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can make a difference at UTI?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very direct and to the point as to what they had to offer.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Universal Technical Institute.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in person interview. Make sure you know someone there or went to college with someone who works at UTI and you wont' have a problem getting hired.

Interview Questions

• They will try and make it sound like they care about their employees and will ask if you you are committed and loyal. Don't be fooled, they will ask you for your commitment and loyalty, yet they will not give you theirs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Technical Institute (Mooresville, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

Initially, I had a telephone interview with the Assistant Director of Admissions. It seemed to go well and we arranged a face- to-face. When I arrived, I was left waiting in the lobby until 30 minutes past the scheduled start time.... 45 minutes total. When the director, came out to greet me, she never acknowledged that I had been waiting (even though she obviously knew since 45 minutes had passed since the receptionist had called her to tell her I was there) or apologized for the wait. She proceeded to ask me the same exact series of questions she had asked me on the phone. These were terrible, contrived, "Interview-101" type questions. She didn't ever refer to my resume, which I had brought her a copy of, and often seemed to be referring to the credentials of someone totally different when asking about my background. She never smiled, never offered any information about UTI as a whole and informed she she had a meeting in a few minutes before asking if I had any questions, which I elected to forgo because I felt so rushed. All in all, this interview took less than 20 minutes.

When she called me a few days later to arrange an interview with her supervisor, I was surprised and thought perhaps she had just been having a bad day....hey, we are all entitled to them from time to time, so I thought I would continue with the interview process. She set up a time with her supervisor. The interview was scheduled for one hour via telephone. I arranged my day around it.... I scheduled my lunch break at work for the time we agreed upon and lo and behold, she called me over an hour late, again with no apology, and the interview went on for well over an hour. She asked me the EXACT same questions I had already been asked. ("tell me about a time when you...." type situational questions....). She, too, seemed to have no sense of my background or credentials and often referred to a lack of experience in areas where I had plenty of direct, actual, industry experience!

The next interview was (again, surprisingly) scheduled via email-- it was to be a phone interview with the college president. Again, a one hour time slot was scheduled for a specific time and this time, she never even called! I followed up and I was told the president had likely been too busy to call me and the interview was rescheduled. I had referred back to the email that with the interview time and I was correct about the day and time, but when the president called, she told me I had probably made a mistake!!! Incidentally, this time, she called an hour and a half late, with no apology and asked me, for the fourth time, the same exact questions the previous two interviewers had asked.

I was told i would hear back within a week and no one even had the courtesy to follow up with a rejection letter! It was such a gigantic waste of energy and utterly disrespectful to my time. The interview process is a two way dialogue (when done properly) where two parties aim to see if there is a potential match. The blatant inadherence to interview times and the obvious lack of communication between the interviewers (asking the exact same questions over and over) was unprofessional and inefficient at best.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not meet your supervisors expectations.   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire someone without admissions experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Technical Institute in August 2017.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. Applied online, met with area manager and had a several hour interview. Nothing unexpected or difficult to answer. Then spoke over the phone a few days later with a top hiring manager. Standard back ground checks, motor vehicle report and drug testing over a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation you were in that required follow up and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avondale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Technical Institute (Avondale, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

3 Group Interviews and 1 Individual Interview same day. These are to be followed by a skills assessment and a final interview. I passed the first interviews and I am awaiting a call r.e. the skills assessment.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were standard open ended that required a thoughtful answer and resulted in dialogue between myself and the interviewers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Universal Technical Institute (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Very Long, 3 telephone interviews and 2 face to face. You also need to take a personality text to make sure you are a good fit with the company

Interview Questions

• Very Scenario based questions   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Technical Institute (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Process was quick. Helps if you are recommended by someone from within. Phone screening occurred first. Met with two supervisors and a couple of people from the department I was applying for. Received a call with an offer about a week later.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Technical Institute (Sacramento, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I got a call about scheduling a phone interview then the day of the phone interview, no one called me. I called in and we rescheduled the phone interview for a later date. The interview went well but the interviewer did not seem like she was paying attention. I later found out they gave the position to someone internally.