Unum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unum Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2018

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unum in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through the taleo page. A few days later, I received a call from a recruiter. She went over a few preliminary questions, and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. 2 days later, I was told that they wanted to move forward and they sent me a tech screening assessment that was multiple choice to see where your skills lie. I scored around the 70th percentile. I got a call back the next day and they sent a personality assessment that was very strange and really long. (sever hundred questions, and puzzles that you had to give an answer to). After that, I was called in for a face to face interview. Once arriving I was led into a conference room and had a meeting over web camera with people from multiple different offices and locations. That interview was on a monday, I received an offer about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project that you are proud of.

How did you approach building it?

What are some challenges you have had with coworkers in the past?

Why are you leaving your current job?

What is your favorite horror movie?(serious question)

How do you explain generics?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unum (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Over the phone easy questions about my resume. Interviewer was very nice and passionate about the company. Asked questions based on previous experience and position I held in college (it was an entry level position). Overall, really good interview, but the company ultimately wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unum.

Interview

I sat in a room with 2 people while they asked me similar, basic interview questions for an hour. I felt like I kept repeating the same answers so I felt like it wasn't going too well. But they called me back the next day with a job offer.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unum in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted on Skype. Asked questions that were clearly geared toward someone in the field, not a senior in college. Not hard interview, but was not conducted in an efficient manor.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unum in January 2013.

Interview

Typical HR processes which include automated emails and very little details about keeping you interested in the role. They should engaged applicants more, this might make for a better hiring experience. Sending questionnaires that are general and have broad questions doesn't really reveal much about the ability to do the job. I declined to carry on with the interview process as I do not like cookie cutter company practices and a HR that seems to be okay with not following simple manners to replying to one simple email.

Interview Questions

• What experience or skill set would you describe as having the least experience?   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

There were four steps to the interview process, first was the regular online application process. Then I was contacted by a recruiter who required additional information. I was then asked to take a series of behavioral and personality tests prior to the final in-person interview. The interview was conducted by three managers from the relevant departments.

Interview Questions

• What cause/special interest are you passionate about and why?   Answer Question

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unum (Portland, ME) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with Portland and Chattanooga managers separately since role has positions on both campuses. Management works as a team to decide on their top candidates. It was a pretty straightforward process and the managers wanted to make sure that the role was mutually beneficiail for all applicants.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you had to deal with a challenging customer?   1 Answer

Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Portland, ME).

Interview

I had a phone interview, and then about a week later I had an in person interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes, and the in person interview took about 30-40 minutes. I then got a call about 2 hours later offering me the job.

Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Applied for the position online. Received an email to set up a phone interview shortly after applying. Phone interview was about 30 mins. About a week after the phone interview, I was notified for an in person interview. Both went really well. Two days after the in person interview I was offered the job.

Intake Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unum (Portland, ME) in July 2015.

Interview

Unum does have a longer process for interviewing, This is only because they are determined to find people who are fit well into the company. First they will look over your application, they will sometimes have a phone interview to determine if they would like you to come in for an in person interview. The phone interview is set-up with Human Resources, depending on the position you are applying for, they might have you take an online aptitude test. Once they would like to meet you, they would have you come in for an in person interview with your potential manager.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? How do you see Unum fitting into these goals?   Answer Question