Unum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Unum Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unum.

Interview

Filled out application and submitted resume directly through Unum career website. After completing, I received an email to take an online assessment which included a series of behavioral questions and then a customer service simulation - all took about 45 minutes. Received another email about 3 business days to schedule a time for an over-the-phone interview with a Unum talent recruiter. Phone interview took less than 30 minutes. At the end I was invited to an on-site interview for the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you disagreed with a team and/or company decision that you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time you made a mistake and received feedback on it. How did you take the feedback that was given to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The Interview process was smooth and not stressful compared to others. It was very insightful and the recruiter was very kind.They ask behavioral questions and how you handle different situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to speak with an angry customer. What was the situation how did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Portland, ME).

Interview

I had a phone interview, and then about a week later I had an in person interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes, and the in person interview took about 30-40 minutes. I then got a call about 2 hours later offering me the job.

CSS1 (Remote) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unum (Remote, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

1st step was a phone interview/pr-screen. 2nd interview was via web-cam with two mangers where we went over my resume, the position, work schedule, training, fit for the position etc...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Unum?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Chattanooga, TN) in December 2017.

Interview

The phone interview went well, lasted about an hour, and two days later, I was offered an on-site interview for the following week. The on-site interview started off fine. It was a panel interview; the two interviewers were very friendly. Then at the end of the interview, I was unexpectedly told that I was now going to perform a mock call: I had not been told this was part of the interview process ahead of time, and I was not prepared. The interviewers handed me two pages of information and then gave me about 1-2 minutes to familiarize myself with the information. Needless to say, I didn’t feel 1-2 minutes was enough time to familiarize myself with the information, and I did poorly on the mock call. I don’t understand why the mock call information wasn’t provided to me ahead of time, and why I wasn’t given a sufficient amount of time to prepare for it? I know I would have aced the call if I had a strong grasp on the information I was being quizzed over...So, please be warned of this and prepare yourself for a mock call with little to no time to prepare yourself: it seems to be an arbitrary way they cross off candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unum in December 2017.

Interview

After completing the application, I was sent an assessment which covered customer service. After successfully completeing the assessment, the next step was a phone interview. The phone interview was with Calle from HR. The interview was really informational and pleasant! It went over past experience and info about the company. Once the interview was over, I was told I would be getting a final interview with a manager and supervisor. This interview was virtual -- through adobe chat with webcams. Thid interview, too, was pleasant and informational. The interview focused mainly on behavioral situations. There was also a mock customer service phone call to test your skills at the end. After the interview, I was told if I was deemed a fit for the position I would hear back within a week or so. I ended up being contacted a few hours after the final interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you? When did you exemplify integrity in the workplace in the past?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Portland, ME) in December 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and professional. Asked straight forward questions relevant to the position. I had never been on a job interview before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but was very low pressure and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of giving customers bad news, being the middle man for decisions they may not like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unum (Portland, ME) in December 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the recruiter and then had a second interview with management virtually on cam. Once that interview was over about a few business days later I received an offer from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was the most rewarding thing you took away from your other jobs?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Unum (Seattle, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then did an interview with two of the upper level management. The interview process continued with multiple in-person interviews and meeting other members of the sales team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unum (Portland, ME) in December 2017.

Interview

Filled-out an application online and took some timed tests to see how well I could memorize data in a limited time and apply it to scenarios in various industries' call center computer systems. Passed test apparently and a phone interview was immediately scheduled. Only took 25 minutes. Very professional and polite conversation. Got a call a few days later saying I did not make it to second round for in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I expected for compensation.   1 Answer