Unum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unum Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2018

3.1

Contact Center Specialist Interview

Interview

The whole process was fast, but it was a difficult interview. I would strongly recommend researching the STAR method. That is their bread and butter. Also make sure you are decent at simple math.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unum.

Interview

Received an email to schedule phone interview about 3 weeks after applying. There was first a phone interview and then a video interview with 2 hiring managers. Received offer the day after the video interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about past work experience and why you feel you are a good fit for the company. On the second (video) interview, there is also a role play call.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unum.

Interview

it Takes a while after applying to get contacted for an interview however, once you are contacted you’re provided the oppprtunity to first job shadow which I found convenient. After the shadowing opportunity a face to face interview is scheduled using behavioral style interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral style interview but applicants are informed beforehand   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unum (Portland, ME).

Interview

It was a great process. It started with a phone interview with a staffing specialist and after that was done I had an in person interview with the hiring manager and also the operations manager. It was a relaxed feeling for the in person interview.

Remote Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Unum (Charlotte, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

The process was quick. It started with the initial email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Then I passed onto the virtual interview which lasted about an hour. And I received a call less than an hour later from the recruiter Calle being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult/irate customer and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Specialist I Remote Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Bangor, ME) in March 2018.

Interview

First there was the online application, then the online assessment which takes about 1 hr. Then they will contact you if they like your answers. I waited for over 3 weeks, but finally got a call & email. First interview was by phone only. General questions, background. Got notified by phone call about 3 hrs. later to set up 2nd interview. Would be a 2 person panel interview with adobe chat/connect and your phone and webcam (Yes, a little out of touch with technology, but it works). Last1 1 hr. Behavorial STAR type questions and a mock customer service call (they give you the info-it was a hotel booking-pets-resort). The interviewer was really adamant about it being a work at home situation-can you handle not being able to instantly get answers, etc.. I had no problem since I've had my home business for over 5 yrs. They also really grill you on regular employment-if you left or were let go-why...even if an at-will state..they wanted answers. Said they would call within 1 week-either way.
    Got call-no offer. When I asked why-got some lame story about not having at home experience. Guess 5 yrs of working at home wasn't enough. Sorry that this company couldn't be a little more forthright in their answer-especially since they require it. Guess I dodge a bullet with Unum. Good luck to you though.

Sales Consultant Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unum (Portland, ME) in March 2018.

Interview

-initial phone call with sales recruiter
    -phone calls with two sales managers
    -RAC (Regional Assessment Center), 5 interview rounds with sales managers, and solo case study presentation in front of all the managers

Interview Questions

• -Why Unum?
      -Why sales?
      -Describe a time when you failed?
      -How would a friend describe you?
      -What drives/motivates you?
      -What are some of your best traits?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unum.

Interview

Behavioral Interview with two managers from different departments. They gave me a behavioral interview prep sheet before hand to prepare. Laid back atmosphere and comfortable interview setting. I got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• If you were a toy what would be a characteristic to describe you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unum (Macon, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

The first initial call was quick but important questions were asked. The second interview was via video conference with two managers. I found it very enjoyable and they were pleasant to speak with.

Interview Questions

• What did I learn from a previous mistake?   1 Answer

CSR-1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Portland, ME) in March 2018.

Interview

Submit an application...if review goes well, receive and take an assessment. If you pass that, you will get a phone interview with a Staffing Specialist. If you pass that, you will have a Video Interview with 2 Hiring Managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult Customer you once had and how you handled that situation.   1 Answer