VCE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VCE Interview Questions

2.8

Senior VArchitect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VCE.

Interview

Several interviews between staff from VCE and EMC. Performed a presentation to demonstrate communication skills. Technical interview was mostly asking if I knew about enterprise product A or B and rate my own familiarity rather than actual technical questions. Hiring manager as well as others really liked me and kept telling me that I should see an offer letter from HR. Didn't hear back for two weeks. Had to find out from another person that they decided to go with someone else. Even that person thought I got the job. Most places that put you though that and not hire you at least contact you back and let you know. I didn't need the job, in fact I have a well paying one. Still, it's pretty messed up to lead someone on and not have the courtesy to let them know if they didn't get the job. Speaks volumes of their culture if you ask me and in hindsight I'm glad I'm not working there.

Interview Questions

• Have you done any presentations and/or whiteboarding for customers.   1 Answer

Senior Dev Ops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VCE (Durham, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Two rounds. First round over phone general questions followed by face to face interview 3 rounds. Pretty basic questions about fit, docker, maven.
    Finally they are undecided and closed position with internal resource. They wasted my time.

Interview Questions

They found an internal resource within two days (surprised). Offered another role but I declined. Total time waste. Unnecessary travel for face to face.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VCE (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Internal recruiter interview (30 minutes) then I received a call from my manager (45 minute call), I then interviewed with a program manager I would be working with (1 hr). I then spoke with a fellow PM (30 minutes). The last interview was with a director at the company (30 minutes).

Interview Questions

• What do you do in certain situations when you don't have an answer or are in a jam during any part of the PM process (Delivery, deployment, etc..)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for their max salary for this position (as far as I knew) and it required approval.

VArchitect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VCE.

Interview

Second interview (first was by phone) conducted by a panel consisting of the hiring manager plus several experienced vArchitects. There was discussion around my background, what I felt my accomplishments were, my areas of competency. I was also asked to give a presentation on a technical subject of my choosing.

Interview Questions

• Various sales situations were put forth, and I was asked how I would handle each.   1 Answer

Senior VAccount Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VCE.

Interview

Only will interview you for this position if you are a big hitter...namely making $250K a year. Was told by recruiter that you must have 3 years of W2's to prove your worthiness if an offer is to be made. That is jack, especially for a relatively new technology segment.

Interview Questions

• How much where your on target earnings for the last 3 years. That was question number 1.   1 Answer

Customer Service Alliance Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at VCE.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and soon after with no notice a call from the hiring manager. All went well and they invited me in. They mentioned moving fast so I offered my availability to accommodate. Went for an in person interview that was pleasant and felt like it went well. I asked about next steps and was told by July they hope to have the position filled. Fully understood if other candidates may have been a better fit, however the recruiter and the 2 people I interviewed with never contacted me. I emailed a thank you and then a follow up to all 3. It is over 3 weeks later. You would think after I made effort to take time out of my day from work for calls and in person interviews they would have the courtesy to communicate. Disappointed in a growing company like this style to recruit and never reply, even the recruiter never communicated and I reached out to her as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you deliver bad news to your customer.   1 Answer

Sales Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VCE (Richardson, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

first interview was over the phone. 2nd interview was in person with 2 hiring managers and 5 team members. Team member spoke candidly about role and asked questioned. Job offer via phone.

Interview Questions

• they asked about background, abilities, and personality/attitude.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VCE (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen, drug screen, background check, in-person in front of a panel of peers. Have to prepare and be ready to touch topics across a wide variety of technologies as best you can. Give a whiteboard pitch

Interview Questions

• Describe what makes you a great fit for the role, how would you grade yourself on your knowledge of storage network compute technology?   Answer Question
    • What is cloud? How do you use it? Where do you see VCE?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenging situation and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • Talk about your strengths?   Answer Question
    • Can you talk about VMware products? Describe your experiences   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VCE in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen was with HR recruiter, followed by phone screen with hiring manager. A significant amount of time passed between the initial HR screen and the phone interview with the hiring manager.

In-person interview was the final step.

Senior VArchitect Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at VCE.

Interview

Meetings w hiring manager... Some webex presentations. Multiple calls with other managers... Nothing of value.... If I hadn't needed the job, I wouldn't have taken it. Performed a webex presentation of some sakes kit to a team of nerds... No tough questions came of it, and none of those guys are even working for the company any more... That should say a lot..

Interview Questions

• Nothing.... Run of them mill... They couldn't fill the spot fast enough.... No ne stays here... Churn is high   Answer Question

Negotiation

Maxed them out... Had promises of LTIP and other BS. Never even came close to OTE.