VHB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VHB (Albany, NY).

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR. Then had 2 on-site interviews. They mostly asked behavioral questions, but also asked a few, very easy, technical questions. I had prior experience in their specific tech stack, which is Angular, .Net Core, and sql, and also had prior experience developing with Esri technology, which they were looking for. So I believe that helped me stand out a lot.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one work experience you had as a software developer.   Answer Question

Web GIS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VHB (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter which described in general terms the role, the team and the company. The recruiter also asked general questions about my experience and my interest in the role.

I then moved to an hour phone interview with the head of the department and 2 managers. This was more in depth about the role, my experience and lightly technical with discussions around technologies, workflow, day-to-day practices and work styles. Also, we went through an overview of portfolio projects.

I was then invited onsite and met in person with the head of the department, 2 managers and the head of another closely related department. This lasted for about 2 hours. This was an opportunity to meet those that I might be working directly with on a day to day basis and talk more about the team, technical practices and their alignment with my experiences. This was supposed to be the final step in the process before a decision was made.

I was in contact with members of the team throughout the interview process. After the onsite interview, I reached out to those thanking them for the opportunity and checking I'm on the status. I didn't receive a reply until a formal HR email stating they chose another candidate nearly 4 months after the onsite.

Interview Questions

• Explain the reasons behind using certain mapping technologies for given projects.   Answer Question
    • Explain the decision behind using a given front-end or back-end technology for a given project.   Answer Question
    • Explain a typical work day with different tools used, workflows and planning/tasking of work.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VHB.

Interview

I applied online, got a call back within a week, scheduled a phone interview later that week, scheduled an in person interview for the following week, the week after I was given an offer. Over very quick and responsive recruitment staff.

Interview Questions

• What precious work experiences could you apply to this position?   Answer Question

Senior Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VHB (Tysons, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through a colleague and was contacted by a recruiter within days after my resume was submitted. The recruiter was very friendly and worked with me to schedule an interview. My interview was the following week and went without a hitch. I was interviewed by a director, and three senior employees from the Planning department. The interview lasted an hour and they asked basic questions regarding my interest in the firm, my career goals, and my motivations for switching companies. Everyone was very relaxed and approachable and the interview ended on a positive note. I left the interview feeling like I fit in at VHB.

Marketing Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VHB (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with director and marketing team. It was more informal. They went over the position's requirements and the role and asked me about my previous experience. The second interview was more formal. It was in a conference room with 2 members of the marketing team and tech.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VHB.

Interview

This was for an internship with a college co-op program. The interview was easy. I talked about my portfolio and previous employment. They gave me an offer as I was walking out the door.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging design problem and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Highway Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I interviewed at VHB (Watertown, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

received an email from the recruiter to set up an interview. The interview went ok ,it was the manager and 3 employees. I did not hear back from them after that.

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VHB (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with group leader and discussed previous experience and interests in the field. Not too many technical questions. Because I was applying or an entry level position we also discussed my academic background a bit.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experiences (what I did, what projects I worked on, etc)   Answer Question

Transportation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VHB (Vienna, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and recruiting manager sent me an email for a phone screening/interview based on my application. Recruiter wanted to get to know me and my personality, as well as my interests. The rest of the phone interview was about my school courses and previous internship experiences. Recruiter informed me that I will have an in-person interview at a nearby VHB office.

In-person interview was with three project managers. Was asked to describe my work and school experiences in detail. Also what softwares I am familiar/proficient with. Lastly, there were personal questions. For example, I had to describe an experience in dealing with work conflict and how I resolved or handled that situation. Overall, the in-person interview was to get to know me as a person and know my technical knowledge.

Staff were very friendly and it was a relaxed interview. Interview lasted for an hour, mostly because we had side conversations about mutual friends and connections. Expect that interview duration as the staff are easy and great to connect with.

Interview Questions

• From your work or school project experiences, talk about a time when you had a conflict and describe how your resolved or handled that situation.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VHB (Watertown, MA).

Interview

The HR manager first contacted me via email to set up a phone screen. She asked a few questions and described the position in more detail. After the phone screen, I met with the direct manager for a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the typical questions such as tell me about yourself and why are you looking to move on.   Answer Question