VHB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VHB.

Interview

I applied online, got a call back within a week, scheduled a phone interview later that week, scheduled an in person interview for the following week, the week after I was given an offer. Over very quick and responsive recruitment staff.

Interview Questions

• What precious work experiences could you apply to this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VHB (Watertown, MA).

Interview

The HR manager first contacted me via email to set up a phone screen. She asked a few questions and described the position in more detail. After the phone screen, I met with the direct manager for a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the typical questions such as tell me about yourself and why are you looking to move on.   Answer Question

Senior Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VHB (Tysons, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through a colleague and was contacted by a recruiter within days after my resume was submitted. The recruiter was very friendly and worked with me to schedule an interview. My interview was the following week and went without a hitch. I was interviewed by a director, and three senior employees from the Planning department. The interview lasted an hour and they asked basic questions regarding my interest in the firm, my career goals, and my motivations for switching companies. Everyone was very relaxed and approachable and the interview ended on a positive note. I left the interview feeling like I fit in at VHB.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VHB.

Interview

Learned of an immediate opening from an employee I had met at a networking event. Three in-person interviews with a total of 6 or 7 people before receiving an offer. The entire process took 4 or 5 weeks. Staff were responsive and friendly throughout the entire process. Plenty of time in each interview to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I asked for more than the initial offer and they met me in the middle.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VHB (Providence, RI) in May 2015.

Interview

They only asked me 3 or 4 questions, mostly about my courses in college and what I learned in school. Then they discussed the job. Lastly, they asked if I had any questions, so I asked a few. They told me it would probably be a couple weeks before I heard back. After two weeks, I emailed one of the interviewers and it was only then that he told me they offered the job to someone else. Not sure they would have reached out to me otherwise to let me know the bad news.

Highway Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VHB (Watertown, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter hired by the firm. Once VHB had my resume everything went really quickly from there. There was only one in-person interview and it was very relaxed with five team members and lasted approximately one hour. Everyone was extremely friendly and responsive to my question.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about roles, responsibilities, training, expertise with software and my usual week to week activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Spoke directly with the hiring manager and I was given quick responses.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VHB.

Interview

This was for an internship with a college co-op program. The interview was easy. I talked about my portfolio and previous employment. They gave me an offer as I was walking out the door.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging design problem and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VHB (Newark, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

There is no interview at all. Just couple questions via phone. And vote yourself in a pool, then you may start to on-call work. No specific skill required, as long as standing and handing out surveys, waiting for the break time.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VHB (Watertown, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Met each department and sat down with managers to discuss responsibilities. Relaxed interview with thoughtful questions from the interviewers. The whole process took about 2 hours and I was well informed on each department as I left. I left the interview with a positive feeling and more interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• Most passionate/interested in as an engineer?   1 Answer

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VHB (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with group leader and discussed previous experience and interests in the field. Not too many technical questions. Because I was applying or an entry level position we also discussed my academic background a bit.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experiences (what I did, what projects I worked on, etc)   Answer Question