KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 28, 2021

4.1
VHB President & Chief Executive Officer Michael Carragher
Michael Carragher
Pros
  • "Good company stable company good work environment employees are respected(in 15 reviews)

• "Good work-life balance and amazing people(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "VHB likes to acquire other firms which leads to mismatches in culture within the offices and many resources dedicated to those acquisitions(in 12 reviews)

• "Not a lot of communication between upper management and employees(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great Company

Feb 4, 2021 - Civil Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, supportive company. Lots of opportunity for professional development

Cons

All remote working due to Covid

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful company

May 28, 2021 - Engineer in Watertown, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are friendly and have a great work-life balance.

Cons

No cons - I love working here!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

May 27, 2021 - Transportation Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture provides a healthy and productive work environment. Work-life balance is very good and the company is very accommodating of work-life issues. Work is undertaken in an ethical and technically-sound manner.

Cons

Would benefit from more structured and institutionalized mentoring systems. Opportunities for advancement exist but take many years to materialize.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work life balance is lacking

May 3, 2021 - Environmental Planner in Watertown, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good hardworking employees. Great benefits and salary. Frequent opportunities for growth

Cons

The longer you stay at VHB, the more time you are expected to work on the weekend. Work life balance is not a priority for management. The company preaches innovation without giving employees time or space to think freely, given very tight deadlines. Bill-ability is incredibly high for entry level employees (98% or higher)

Continue reading

Communications Specialist

We appreciate your thoughtful feedback and are glad you’ve found positives during your time at VHB! We are taking your other comments into consideration as they will help us make VHB an even better place to work.

5. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Mar 21, 2021 - Environmental Engineer in Watertown, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. All of my bosses and managers were excellent and competent and tried to encourage a healthy work-life balance. Surrounded by lots of junior staff so was good as an entry level job

Cons

Work life balance was sometimes not so great. It seemed to constantly be a topic of conversation with the management but there never seemed to be any headway there. Seems typical to consulting.

Communications Specialist

We appreciate your thoughtful feedback and are glad you found positives during your time at VHB! We will take your other comments into consideration and appreciate your input. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Loved Working there

May 19, 2021 - Helpdesk Technician in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The City is a Great Location

Cons

There is always traffic because everyone is coming in and out the city

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing Pains But Love Company

Mar 23, 2021 - Software Developer in Albany, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone I have ever worked with at VHB is wonderful. My boss is very open and I feel like a valued membered of every project I have ever worked on. They also have great opportunities to grow.

Cons

Since I started working here the applied tech section of the company has been growing very fast and because of this, they have experienced growing pains. They are still trying to figure everything out but everyone is open about and if you have complaints management will try to solve any issues that you are having.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback, we’re so glad you are having such a positive experience at VHB! We are proud of our great company culture with amazing people, like YOU! We are taking your other comments into consideration as they will help us make VHB an even better place to work.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

The people are what make it a good place to work.

Apr 29, 2021 - Engineer in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with talented professionals doing great work!

Cons

The people first aspect of the corporate culture has deteriorated

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Engineer

Mar 7, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good group of people. Friendly and tight knit work environment.

Cons

Can't think of too much but I have heard the pay could be better as you further your career.

Communications Specialist

We’re so glad you had a positive experience while at VHB! We are proud of our great company culture and the amazing people that help to shape it - thank you for your feedback!

10. 4.0

Overall positive experience

Mar 11, 2021 - Research Assistant in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people on my team were serious about their work, but there was a sense of camaraderie and fun. People of all different life stages. I had several great mentors there as an early career professional.

Cons

Corporate office was not always sensitive or understanding of the reality in our office, which led to some seemingly avoidable conflict. Sometimes the fast pace of work could get very hectic. Overall there wasn’t much desire to challenge status quos.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 129 Reviews