VIPKid Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 531 of over 531 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VIPKid (Philadelphia, PA) in Oct 2019

Interview

There is a video phone interview submitted, then a mock class, submitted documents, and then an TESOL class provided. It’s involved, but easy! Lots of help along the way.

Interview Questions
  • Teaching experience?
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Poland

Application

I interviewed at VIPKid (Poland)

Interview

Straightforward and simple process. There is guides how to pass on the internet which can be helpful to pass the interview process and pass the interview. You answer questions that they give you and no extra preparation needed

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at VIPKid (United States)

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Mock lesson showing your teaching strategies and questions related to last experience. It was a quick process. I knew ahead of time the content for the lesson. They provided feedback.
  • You have to complete a mock lesson.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at VIPKid (United States)

Interview

Ability to do all online at your own schedule. Online application screening process first then, once selected, you are invited to do a demo lesson. You may choose to record the lesson or do it live.

Interview Questions
  • Record a demo lesson of their teaching program

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at VIPKid (United States)

Interview

I had to create a demo class video. I used props such as picture cut outs and toys. Make it exciting, remember the main teaching topics, and remember to relax! Also remember to study all the hand motions and implement them. You can find youtube videos on them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VIPKid (Bangalore)

Interview

Very infantile, I think they are looking for clowns rather than teachers. I can't imagine students appreciate being so inanely babied as we were encouraged by the recruiter/interviewer. It is quite a long process of unpaid work, and they seem to want you to buy your own work materials (children's toys) before being hired.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to teach a mock class using the most boring and lazy pedagogy imaginable, essentially as an education clown?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Africa

Application

I interviewed at VIPKid (South Africa)

Interview

South Africans, don't waste your time or energy. They are just doing data collection on you, you won't actually get hired. The company is unprofessional and nationalistic. There are many better employing companies that treat applicants and employees respectfully.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bosnia and Herzegovina

Application

I interviewed at VIPKid (Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Interview

You are to teach a class that is a mock class. Depending on how well you do, your salary and employment are made. University degree and past teaching experiences are needed.

Interview Questions
  • How long have you been teaching for? What certificates do you hold? (TOESL, TOEFL)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at VIPKid (United States)

Interview

Easy video interview. You get second chances, so you just need to implement feedback. Make sure the internet is working well, or you might need to do the interview a second time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at VIPKid (United States)

Interview

The interview was a two week process, depending on your own pacing. I chose to make a video with the given materials. It was not difficult, and was helpful in figuring out your classroom setup.

Interview Questions
  • I chose to upload a video demonstrating my abilities rather than a traditional interview with questions.

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at VIPKid (United States)

Interview

VIPKID offers lots of help in preparing for their mock class. The Mock class happens after you have completed a DEMO. The DEMO is so important, because that is what they use to set your base pay. I wish they used the Mock class to set your base pay. While they have some instruction for the DEMO, I think I could have done better after the instruction I received to complete the Mock lesson. I feel like the Mock lesson was a better identifier of my ability after learning how to teach their method.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 531 Interviews