VIZIO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VIZIO Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.9

Corporate Marketing Interview

Interview

I found the hr screening unstructured and a bit unprofessional. seems to me as I was one of the first recruits to the recruiter because some of the question he asked were funny, irrelevant to the job and hard to answer. I dont recommend this company for anyone who wants to really invest time and grow professionally.

Interview Questions

• what is your current company?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VIZIO (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Step 1 - recruiter phone screening
    Step 2 - hiring manager phone screening
    Step 3 - in person interview with hiring manager and other team members
    Step 4 - 2nd interview with team members and senior leadership
    Step 5 - offer extended

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were tailored to relevant role and methodology used.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VIZIO (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Quick Phone interview with HR and then a second phone interview with Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager spent entire time talking how the job is demanding, as any program manager position is, and how critical it is to meet deadlines. Never asking how I met deadlines at previous, highly stressful and demanding position. Only felt this job was the most demanding ever. Spent day interviewing with total of 6 managers and peers. Hiring manager was last and reiterated how demanding the job is without asking about how I would handle the demands. In then end, HR would not return phone calls or emails on status. One time I did get ahold of HR the feedback was positive from interview but they were still arranging others (total of 3 openings).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle when a problem arises during testing?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VIZIO (Irvine, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First phone screening, and then I was invited to on-site interviews. Had three panels separately. Took almost 3 hours for the interview and exam. The first interviewer asked me behavior questions, which were pretty normal in difficulty. The second interviewer also asked me normal interview questions, and some abnormal questions such as "what did you tell you boss to come here for the interview" and "did you ever work as a supervisor?" and then said again "No. it is not an important question." The third interviewer asked me some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      What is your greatest failure?
      What is account reconciliation?
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VIZIO (Irvine, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online within a week was called by HR for a phone interview. The HR person was very nice and very informative. She gave me great insight on the company and scheduled my in person interview. The same week I came in for a in person interview. Met with 2 of the 3 people I was suppose to meet with. The first person to interview did not show any emotion and asked the basic interview questions. The second person to interview me came in 10 minutes late which through me off. She then immediately began asking me questions while she was unpacking her computer from her computer bag which was very distracting and I couldnt tell if she was listening or not. Then proceeded to ask me the same questions the first person had asked me. She stared at the top of my head a lot as if I had a fly away hair that bothered her which was also distracting because she wouldnt look at my face. All in all though the experience was very good and everyone was very nice.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VIZIO (Irvine, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

(From what I remember) Position asked for experience with ASP.NET MVC, C#, SQL, JavaScript, Silverlight, Telerik, WPF. Got interview through recruiter on CyberCoders. First screened over the phone with basic questions like: What is a SPA? What is dependency injection? What are the repository and unit of work patterns? (I knew of these patterns but never used them; I guess my half-baked explanations were good enough.) Receptionist had me fill out form assessing my own skills. (I circled intermediate/advanced for all, but I would probably be more humble next time, since I realize this is probably what these self-assessments actually test. They whiteboard test you anyways.) Interviewed with three devs: the one who phone-screened me, my potential boss (who did most of the talking), and another dev who didn't say a word. We briefly chatted about my resume, then started the whiteboard questions. I got a mix of SQL questions, like how to get certain query results given the schemas for 2-3 tables (joins, CTEs), and C# questions, like how to use interfaces, or the difference between abstract and virtual methods. Did pretty well on the SQL stuff, though I didn't know how to write an imperative loop (I've never needed to, and I only learned later that it's a smell anyway). Did so-so on the C# stuff. They asked how I would write some code so I could easily swap out databases. I knew the boss was asking for DI/Repository/design pattern stuff here; this is where I started to falter. He seemed to be a pattern cultist; I believe patterns are a means to an end, and it depends on the use case. I also told him I tend to program in a simple functional style, and he kind of sneered at that. Interview lasted about 90 min. A few days later the recruiter told me I didn't make the cut for the second round interview with some manager. Based on the interview experience, and the job I got later, I'm kind of glad I got cut.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a class for this model based on the Repository Pattern?   1 Answer

Market Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at VIZIO (Irvine, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. In Person Interview with associate level
    3. In Person Interview with hiring manager and assessment test
    4. In Person Interview with Executive team leaders

Interviewers are very respectful and friendly. It is very straight forward. You need to be confident and well poised during the interview. Sales teams in general do not like uncertainty/risk.

Interview Questions

• You are launching a new product. What would you do in steps to make sure this product is successful?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me within 2 weeks. First phone interview with the HR, then face-to-face interview with the Hiring Manager, then the last round is with the VP. Entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• It's a long interview process, but the HR person and the Hiring Manager were nice people. Interview setting was quite casual but very detailed.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VIZIO.

Interview

Called onsite interview after resume review by recruiter. Met hiring managers and finance executive. Questions were within expectations.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VIZIO (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Got a phone call to come into their Irvine office for an interview by an HR intern, who I actually had to ask to send me a confirmation email on the details of the interview (time, date, position title, interviewer names); otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten one. She did not provide me with the names or position titles of my interviewers. However, over the phone she did tell me to ask for the name of the in-house recruiter upon my arrival for the interview.

When I came in for the interview I did just that and was lead to a conference on the floor of the department that was seeking to fill the position. The recruiter sat me down and asked me if I needed anything. I was also asked if I had any questions for them; although it did not seem to be an part of the interview that "mattered", I had seemed to have been asked that just for burn time to allow the interviewers to finally come in.

In total I had 3 interviewers, all of whom were of a particular ethnicity and none of them seemed to try to show even an ounce of expression throughout the entire interview.

The first interviewer came in, gave me their business card and sat down. The first thing I was asked about was my professional licensure, which the interviewer wanting to know the very specifically as to my current status. Was a little overkill. After that he proceeded to ask me to go through, line by line, every description written on my resume! Didn't seem to have looked at my resume AT ALL before I arrived, just asked me to summarize it. I have been to many many interviews before and I have never been asked to re-explain my background, line by line from top to bottom of my resume.

As I was responding to his rather ridiculous question, the next interviewer walked in (completely late mind you), a situation which obviously forced me to stop my response mid-sentence and stand up and greet the next interviewer, who very much gave me the impression that she did not have time to be there. Not surprisingly, she sat down and immediately started asking me questions that I had already covered in depth before her tardy, arrogant arrival. At that point I started to have serious doubts about the Company culture and whether or not it was a job that I was at all interested in. Then the third interviewer walked in; had to run through the whole awkward greeting again mid-sentence. However, this interviewer just sat there and wasted his time, on top of further throwing off my dialogue.

This second interviewer was just a piece of work. She asked me questions like, "Do you even know VIZIO?" I am aware of an interviewer wanting to hear the interviewee's understanding of the Company's operations and background, but the way the question was directed at me was in such an arrogant and snobby manner. She then completed her thought by bragging about the Company's successes within its first 11 years of business. She also asked me if I would be interested in a contract opportunity. At that point I was so insulted that I was 110% sure that I had no absolutely no desire or interest to be anywhere near anything VIZIO, forever. How unprofessional! I'm interviewing for this position that you called me in to interview for, and now you're wasting my time to ask me if I would rather be interested in simply working some tedious project for you? As if to say that I was no longer good enough for that job opportunity. Hey VIZIO, learn some simple professional etiquette.

The final stages of the interview consisted of this same interviewer asking me general questions about my prior work experience and then expressing her frustration to me when I would respond with general answers. Hmm, okay.

The interview ended with me taking an Excel test which I destroyed.

Thank you VIZIO.

Interview Questions

• "Can you explain every line item on your resume, please?"   1 Answer